Your Love Is My Oxygen

Memories.

Corrie and I promised dad that we would go over to his place for lunch again. When we got there Corrie was going to help dad put everything together, I went up to my old room and looked around. Believe it or not, it still looks the same as it did when I left. I thought about something, knelt down next to the side of the bed and slid my hand under and moved it down, “I know it’s still under here…” I felt my hand hit a box, “Got it.”
Pulling out the box, I smiled slightly and opened it, the first thing I found was one of the older pictures of Corrie and I together. We were both probably about thirteen at the time.....
"Corrie, are you coming over tonight?” I looked over at her, she looked up from her homework, “Do you want me to? I have a lot of homework to get done Ronnie.” I nodded, “I do too, remember? We have all the same homework, if you come over you can help me, please?” She smiled slightly, “Fine, I’ll be over tonight, ok?” I nodded, smiling, “Why don’t you just walk home with me? We can save time?” Corrie nodded, “Ok, I’ll meet you outside the main entrance after school, now I have to get back to class.” I smiled and hugged her, “Ok, see you later Corrie.”
“We’ll be in the living room dad!” I dropped my bag on the floor by the couch and fell back, Corrie smiled and sat on the floor in front of me, “I thought we were doing homework Ronnie?” I shrugged, “We have all night to do homework, can’t we relax just for awhile?” She laughed, “I guess, but not for that long, ok?” I nodded, laying down, I grabbed her carefully, picking her up and pulled her so she was laying on top of me, “I loves you Corrie-Bear, my bestest friend.” She laughed, “Ronnie, can’t breath.” Loosening my grip I chuckled slightly, “Sorry.”
I moved my arms so they were wrapped around her, she had her head resting on my chest, believe it or not we would always lay like this, it’s just how close we were. I guess sometime during that we fell asleep and dad thought it was a good moment to take a picture, I never want to forget this.


I grabbed the picture and the box, walked downstairs and sat on the floor next to the couch. Corrie walked in, “What’s that?” I smiled and held up the picture, “Remember when this happened?” Her face went red, “Yo-you still have that?” I shrugged slightly, “I guess dad never got rid of it. I like it, it’s a great picture of us, even when we weren’t dating.” I pulled her into my lap and we went through the rest of the pictures, surprisingly Corrie was in quite a few of them, but if you really think about it, she’s always been so close to us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw(: