Your Love Is My Oxygen

What Did I Just Do?

Looking through all the designs that Corrie brought, I was impressed, she was amazing at this stuff. I closed the folder and handed it back to her, "Well...what do you think?" I shrugged, "They're ok," her expression went from happy to somewhat depressed, "They're more than ok Corrie, I love these designs. You're really great at this." She smiled, "Thanks so much Ronnie."

I haven't been this happy in years, being around Corrie again was amazing, she's funny and beautiful, talented and down to earth.

Jacky was staring at me, "Ronnie? Earth to Ronnie!" I jumped, "What?" He rolled his eyes, "You've been back home for almost an hour and you haven't stopped zoning out, now what are you thinking about?" Why does Jacky have to be so damn nosey, "I was thinking about when I was with Corrie." He groaned, "Ok, Ronnie if you like her so damn much, grow a pair of balls and ask her on a date already! If you wait too long, you're going to be stuck in the friend zone and just judging by the way you think about her almost all the time, you do not want to get stuck there."

Shit! How could I forget the friend zone! That's the worst and last place I want to be with Corrie, I was stuck there on- maybe I'm still stuck there! Hey CorrieBear?

CorrieBear: What's up?


Time to make a choice, ask her out or just chicken out like I have been, "Jacky!" I heard him groan from the kitchen, "What the hell do you want now? Did you ask her yet?" I rolled my eyes, "Relax! I'm going to, aren't you and Derek, and Ryan throwing a party here this weekend?" Jacky laughed slightly, "Yes we are. Are you going to invite Corrie so we can finally meet her? Properly?" I laughed this time, "Yeah, I'm gonna invite her."

I was wondering, would you like to be my....date for the party that the guys are throwing this weekend?

What did I just do? I could have just ruined my relationship with my best friend. What if she doesn't like me that way? I need to stop thinking about this right now, if she says no I could always get another girl to go. She won't be anywhere as amazing as Corrie, but I could deal with it. I put my phone down on the table by the couch and walked upstairs to my room, I pulled my iPod out and put it on the dresser. I wasn't upstairs for more than five minutes when Jacky yelled, "Ronnie! New text message! From..CorrieBear? Dude! You already have a pet name for her? What the hell?"

I ran down the stairs and grabbed my phone from him, "It's not a new nickname, I've called her that since we were in high-school. She was my best friend, remember?" Jacky nodded, "I guess. Well, look and see what she said."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's kinda short...I think...sorry, the next one I post will be longer...