Edna, My Darling

Edna, my Darling ( A Short Story)

I could smell the burning smell in the air. Mom must've burned the chicken again. But what do I care? I can't eat anyways. I can't even move for that matter. Pyro won't let me. He keeps me tight around his chain. He won't let me go. I wish he would let me go. I want to eat so badly. " I can hear your thoughts," Pyro said.
" Don't worry Edna, my darling, you'll get your food soon enough." I nod to him and nothing more. Mom walks into the dining room and starts setting up the table as I sit there in my little corner wondering if she knows what's going on.
"Edna, will you help me set up the table?" She turns to look at me with such joy in her face. I just wish mother could see Pyro. I want her to see him. I want these chains off my neck so I can talk! Pyro yanks the chain tighter around my neck, making me almost choke to death. " You will not do as she saids. You were born a sinner, so it is your devine right to perform more sins and blacken your heart you tainted swine!" I kept gasping for air. Mother tried to rush to me, but she was pushed by a force that came out of Pyro's hand. He turned to me with those huge bloodshot eyes. " I will carry out my master's deed, and no saintly mother is going to get in the way of that!" He began chanting something in a different language. My body was flown up into the air, and I could feel my soul being taken over. My eyes rolled up in the back of my head.
" You will give yourself to Master Lucifer, Edna. It is your destiny. He is the one true god. Your god is a fake. He cannot save you now!" My body was twitching into different positions. It hurt so much. I can't stop!
" Edna! Edna, my darling!"
That was the last thing I heard before everything was suddenly silent.

I awoke to a cross floating aboe my head. My body was strapped down except for my head. As I looked around, I saw that I was when what looked like to be a Catholic church. I heard a door open and right beside me there was a preist dressed up in white with a big rosary around his neck. " Child, you shall suffer no more, for the power of christ is here to aid you." Where's my mom? I wanted to say this so bad, but I couldn't. Where is Pyro? The sounds of the priests chants became louder with every word he said. My blood was curdling. My eyes rolled up again and my upper body was raised again. " God is a lie! He will never save me! I worship Lucifer and I always will!" This is not my voice. Why am I saying such horrendous things? My bones were cracking. My heart heart was pounding. Then with a dash of holy water from the priest's hand, it was all over. Everything went white.
I felt someone touch my hand from the light, and I found it was god himself. " Edna, my darling. I am sorry I was not there sooner. It is alright now. Pyro has vanished. He took me in his arms and carressed my hair. " Come , child. Come with me to my kingdom where you shall live in enternal happines. My kingdom awaits for you Edna. For you are my dalring Edna, and you are my greatest creation. I took the lord's hand as I walked up the stairs to the holy kingdom of heaven.