Status: A Co-Write Story!! :D

Room of a Thousand Mirrors

Chapter 03

I woke up to my phone going off. I groaned and sat up, grabbing it off of the night stand.

~~~~~

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi babe." My boyfriend of a year, Nick said.

"Hi baby. What's going on?"

"Are you busy?"

"No. How come?"

"Can I come over?"

"Yeah. I just got up. Let me get-

"I won't be long." Nick said, cutting me off.

"Oh okay." I said.

"I'll be there in five."


~~~~~

The line went dead. I thought it was weird of Nick to just do that, but I just brushed it off. I got up and put on sweats and tee. I went to the bathroom and brushed my hair into a ponytail. I brushed my teeth and a knock came to my apartment door. I left my room and went to the door. I opened it and Nick stood there. I went to hug him and he just stood there. I pulled back and gave him a funny look.

"Can I come in Olivia?"

I stepped aside and let him in. I shut the door and Simon came running in. Meowing at Nick. He bent down and pet him. He turned back to me and sighed.

"What's wrong babe?" I asked.

"Olivia. I can't do this anymore." Nick said.

"What do you mean you can't do this anymore?" I asked, a confused look on my face.

"Us." He said.

"Oh." I said, looking down.

"I'm sorry Olivia. It's not you. It's me." Nick said.

'Same old. Same old.' I thought.

"I'm sorry again." Nick said.

He came over to me and hugged me. Kissing my forehead as well. He walked to the door and left.

-Work-

I got out of my car and walked to the club. Louie greeted me like always and I went inside. Eric and Marshall were already at the club. I walked to the bar and noticed something different.

"Guys, is something different?" I asked, looking at the booze shelf.

"Yeah. Lucas bought this hour glass the other day and put it on the shelf." Eric said.

"Oh." I said.

I walked over to the booze shelf and picked up the red hourglass. It was really pretty. I examined it. I thought about turning it over, and just let the sand fall, but I put it back on the shelf as people started coming in.

-2 Hours Later-

I just split my 10th beer. I sighed and started to clean up.

"Olivia. What's up?" Marshall said.

"Nothing." I said, putting the glass under the bar.

"No hunny. Something is wrong." Eric said.

"I'm fine." I snapped. "Just leave me alone."

They didn't say anything after I snapped at them. Lucas noticed something was wrong and came over.

"Olivia. Let's go to the back." He said, grabbing me and taking me to the back.

He took me to his office and shut the door.

"What's wrong?" Lucas asked, facing me.

"Nick broke up with me today." I said.

"Are you okay?"

"I guess." I said, tears forming in my eyes.

"Aww, don't cry." Lucas said, hugging me.

I sobbed into his shirt and he rubbed my back. I stopped crying and pulled my self together.

"Are you going to be okay the rest of the night?"

"Can I just go home?" I asked.

"Of course. And take the day off tomorrow." Lucas said.

I thanked him and left the club. I went to my car and went home. What a shitty day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Olivia