Status: In Progress

Not Another Teen Story

Chapter Five

Jeff Maker

College sucks. Being broke and in college sucks even more. Having to balance working six days a week, friends, family, and school sucks even more. These were the times that I wish I did not go to college so close to home, that way I wouldn't have to care if I saw my family or friends at least once that day. But, I'm a sucker for those two groups, so I knew that if I even went further than a few more miles, I would've been a terrible wreck.

I must admit, though, that on most weekdays, I do really enjoy work. Especially when Evan comes in.

Evan Kirkendall: the cutest, awkwardest, shyest, promiscuous sophomore that I personally know. He religiously comes in the Starbucks that I work at at exactly five o'clock every single weekday, only when I'm working. Sometimes he has friends with him, most of the time he doesn't. I had originally, briefly met him at Alex Gaskarth's house last year when him and his friends - Danny, Grieco, and Matt - had gotten a ride to Danny's house. I can't help but admit that I was completely smitten by the boy then, and even still now.

Nothing should've come from it, though. I was a freshman in college and he was a sophomore...in high school. It felt too wrong; too inappropriate. I knew I corrupted his innocence, for there were those multiple times that things ended up going too far and getting too heated, and he was lying below me, panting and sweating.

It wasn't always like that, though. We had our sweet moments. Which happened more than the sex did. I really liked him - on the verge of loving him - and that was what scared me the most.

And like clockwork, Evan stepped into Starbucks at exactly five o'clock pm.

"Hi, Jeff," he greeted shyly, a nervous smile on his face. According to all of his friends, he was only shy around me.

"Hey, Ev," I replied, smiling down at him and watching as his cheeks tinted pink.

I handed him his coffee (I always had it ready for five), accepting the five dollars he gave me (he never wanted change back).

"Alone today?" I asked and he nodded in reply.

"Yeah...Umm, I was wondering...if-if maybe...you're, umm, free Satur-day?" he asked quietly, fidgeting with the sleeves of his long-sleeve shirt. He was so precious, everything I will ever look for, so perfect, and so young. I shouldn't, but I've never been one to be able to control myself. We've spent too many nights in my dorm, my car, his bedroom, under the covers, just the two of us.

"I don't think so. What did you have in mind?"

"Umm, well, my mom wants to know if you'd mind coming over for dinner again..."

"I'd love to," I accepted, smiling at his beaming face.

"Alright! Great!" he exclaimed cheerfully, the grin never leaving his face.

---

"You really shouldn't be doing this," my roommate, and best friend said; smirking.

"Shut up, Colussy," I bit back, a pout on my face.

"Do you really like him?"

"A lot."

"Good. Because he's young and vulnerable and you took his virginity, so you're stuck with him for a while," Colussy said mockingly, causing me to roll my eyes.