Untitled Toby Turner Romance

Chapter 1

Image

Two months in L.A. and I was finally getting the hang of it. It was a big city and coming from a small town like Mebane, North Carolina, it was a big adjustment. I came to L.A. to pursue modeling. I’ve gotten quite a few jobs since my move, but nothing huge. Just some commercial stuff for places like Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, and Glamour Kills. I considered myself lucky because I knew how hard it was as an up and coming model to get any jobs period.

Knowing that I had just gotten a two hundred dollar paycheck deposited in my account I walked into Wal-Mart. There were a few things I had been meaning to get Portal 2 for my Xbox and now that I had just gotten paid I didn’t want to waste anytime. I pulled my iPhone out of my pocket and held it up in front of my face, pressing the record button with my finger.

“What’s up guys, it’s Addison of course! I just got out of my shoot for Roxy and I’m so excited for you to see the pictures! Once they’re up I’ll put a link in the description below so you can check them out.” I smiled at the camera while I vlogged and made my way back towards the game section.

I could see people giving me strange looks as I passed by them. I could see it written on their faces. They were thinking, “Why is that girl walking around talking to herself… and filming it… ?” It just made me laugh, honestly. I had never been the kind of girl who cared about what people thought.

I found the game I had been itching to get my hands on and let out a squeal of excitement when I held it in my hands. I know I’m behind with my games, because Portal came out months ago. My lack of funding was severely restricting my video game addiction.

“I am so excited to finally play this! I know what I’m going to be doing for the next couple of days! What do you guys like to play? Let me know in the comments below.” I pointed my finger down to the ‘comments section’. “Oh, and before I go check out the new Tobusus animated adventures video! It features my cousin Gabe and it’s hilarious! I’ll annotate it somewhere on the screen.” She laughed and ended her vlog just as she got to the register.

I purchased the game and set my video to start uploading on my YouTube channel. I had about 50,000 subscribers now, which completely amazed me. I think being Gabe’s cousin helped earn some of them. I got a lot of questions asking about Gabe and Toby.

I know how popular Toby is on YouTube, I subscribe to each of his channels, and I guess since I’m with Gabe all the time people hope to get some extra Toby time in my videos.

The funny thing is that I’ve never met him. We have a lot of the same friends, like Gabe, Olga, Jess, and Joe, but for some reason we’ve never met. I guess our schedules must always be conflicting. I really anticipate the day I do meet him though. Just because from watching his videos and hearing all the good things my friends had to say about him, I was eager to be able to say that we were friends too.