Status: Active!!

The Color of Her Eyes

A Visit

"Belle Amelia King! Get your big butt down here this instant! Your grandfather is here to speak to you!". *Great, it's never good when he's here. It's either Christmas or the world is ending.* Belle looked out her window at the threatening clouds that hung in the sky. Summer had been a quiet affair so far. Belle usually woke up at 11:00 and sat outside all day. Whether it was gardening or taking pictures of the moving sky, she was always doing something. Right now, she didn't feel like doing anything for once. Probably because it was about to rain.

"Belle! Your grandfather is a busy man! Can you please get out of bed?". "Right, I'm coming!". Hesitant, Belle stretched her arms out in front of her then slide out of bed. *God, i need to sleep more.* Feeling the cold wood beneath her feet, a chill ran through her spine. *And maybe invest in slippers* She reluctantly walked downstairs in her PJs. She always loved her house. It was rather large for her taste but it had a homey, magic feel to it. Pots and pan were always cooking something, making it smell delicious inside. From soups and chili to cakes and tarts, Belle's mother was a great cook, of course with the help of the magic appliances. The smell of eggs and bacon soared through the air as Belle walked through the kitchen to the living room. Brooms and dustpans were cleaning all the messy paw prints from her dog Charlie, who was currently enjoying a belly rub from Belle's grandfather. "Ah, Belle. PLease come and sit. Beth, do you mind fetching me some tea?" Belle's mom nodded and walked into the kitchen. *Oh thanks for asking Mom. I don't want anything. Say, is that my stomach growling or is that our ferocious puppy?* Belle looked at the small golden retriever, who had a goofy look on his face and was butter under the touch of a human. *Way to stay tough Charlie.* Belle's grandfather set his grin on her. "Belle, my dear, you get lovelier everytime i see you." Belle grinned deeply at her elder. Albus Dumbledore always intrigued Belle. He seemed like he was always a step ahead of everyone. PLus he was a genius. A normal man would not be able to find twelve uses of dragon blood. Maybe eleven, but not twelve. His tall, thin appearance wasn't threatening, it was his icy blue eyes that pierce right through any person who looks into them. But they're only frightening if he's mad, which isn't often. Usually, his eyes are full of kindness and mischef. This was one of the many traits that were sent down to Belle. "Belle how are things at Lightful Academy? I hear you've been causing a bit of trouble?" *A bit is an understatement* Belle is what you would call a prankster. The most famous at Lightful Academy. She has a knack for finding hidden places and perfect spots for a home-made Insult Blaster, which yelled insults to anyone who walked by it. She loved hearing people laugh and giggle at her jokes. She was outgoing, fun, and a serious troublemaker. The headmaster wasn't as friendly as Dumbledore. She enjoyed yelling at Belle everyday. The detention room was practically her home. " Grandpa i was just having fun. People need to lighten up. No, actually, the headmaster needs to lighten up. I seriously think she has a stick stuck up her.." Dumbledore silenced her. "So i see it hasn't been the best. Belle i have something serious to tell you. Voldemort is back. And as you can see," He suggested to the Daily Prophet newspaper on the table," the minister does not agree. Lightful Academy is no longer safe for you. I can't protect you while your at Lightful. Your father would want this."

Belle felt a wave of sorrow through her stomach. She felt sick. Her grandfather hadn't mentioned her father in years. Her father was a brilliant man. He was strong and intelligent with a bit of a quirkyness about him. Of course Belle never got to see this quirkyness. He died in her honor. Along with his fellow Order member, as well as his best friend, Lilly Potter. She had a son, a boy who Belle use to have play dates with every week as a baby but never met again, the famous Harry Potter. Yes, Belle is the other "Chosen One". They even had the same god father, Sirius Black. She met Sirius many times in her life and had grown to love him, even though he was in a jail cell for much of her life. He had a mischef charm that Belle also shared. Sirius was best friends with her father and good friends with Belle's mother as a student in Hogwarts. Belle's father was apart of the small group Sirius had of friends, including James Potter, Harry's father. Belle's father actually introduced Lilly to James. Belle's father, as well as James Potter, took that fact that Belle and Harry were wanted by Voldemort very hard, like any father would. Belle shared those difficulties. No matter how many times Belle tried to block out the problems she had, she was undoubtfully saught after by Voldemort. Dumbledore never told her why he wanted Harry and herself so much. All she knew was that he wanted her dead. And now that he was back, it could quite possibly happen. Dumbledore had told Harry about Belle at the end of this school year. Belle knew about harry since she was five. She always had to hide herself away from people as a young child. Her mom thought that fame wasn't suitable for a young child. The only reason Belle wasn't as famous as Harry is now was because she was hidden away with a different last name. In Lightful Academy, she was known as Belle Maple. The famous "Chosen One" Belle was rumored to live in a cave in Ireland, eating wild berries and hunting for food. Apparently, people will believe anything. Only a few people knew of the real Belle. Her mother, Dumbledore, and Voldemort. Voldemort knew, some how, that Belle was Dumbledore's grand-daughter. And during the summer, Voldemort made the fact that he knew Belle's secret identity by sending a few dementors her way. Thankfully, Beth, Belle's mother, knew very well how to produce a Patronus.

*I wonder where he's gonna send me. Obviously he isn't sending me to Lightful anymore. Oh my god. It's that simple. He's sending me to Hogwarts.* "Dear, my decision is final. I'm transferring you to Hogwarts," *Knew it.* "I know you will excel greatly there, as you always do. I'm sorry if this isn't to your liking." *Isn't to my liking? Is he crazy?* "Grandpa, I've wanted to go there for the longest time! I mean i know its gonna be alot of change but it's brilliant there, well from the pictures you've shown me it looks brilliant." Dumbledore chuckled at Belle. He always adored Belle's bright view of things. " But you must be careful, my dear. No one has a gift like yours. People could take advantage of your gift." Belle frowned, "I wouldnt exactly call it a gift." Belle looked down at the floor. She hated her gift. Her eyes were the most destructive thing she could think of. Everyone around her knew how she was feeling, if they were observant. Belle looked up to the long mirror on the wall. A tan girl reflected back up at her. The girl's long hair was pulled back into a ponytail so her face was not hidden. Everything about Belle wasn't normal. Her appearance beckoned people in. She was a very attractive girl and was fairly popular in Lightful Academy. Truthfully, she could get any guy she wanted. But she never liked her looks. Guys never really cared for her personality, which was so much more beautiful then her stunning looks. But the one thing that set her apart from every single girl and guy in the world was her eyes. They changed. Not size or shape, but color. From a deep chocolate brown to a brilliant blue then to a bright yellow, depending on what she felt that moment. An extreme emotion triggered the change. She watched her eyes turn a deep red as she thought about all the horrible things her eyes caused. All her crushes knew when she liked them, all her friends knew when she was mad at them, all her teachers knew when she was lieing. Countless times she has gotten yelled at for emotions she didn't want to show. "Belle please, your eyes are nothing to be ashamed of. They bring wonder into people. Don't ever be upset with what you have." Belle nodded slowly.

Beth walked in and set a cup of tea in front of Dumbledore. "Sorry i took so long, the tea pot wasn't cooperating with me." Beth smiled at Belle, trying to ask if she was ok with her mouth. Belle smiled and nodded. Beth turned her attention back to Dumbledore. Belle was fine with that. She let her mind wonder to the mystery of Hogwarts. DUmbledore once said that even he couldn't imagine knowing all of Hogwarts secrets. Belle couldn't wait to go there and try her luck with these so-called-secrets. She thought about all the new people she would meet at Hogwarts. New friends and teachers. New pranks she could pull on people. A new detention room. Then one name flew up to Belle's mind like a distant memory. Harry Potter. She was finally gonna meet Harry Potter. The boy who shared everything she has, besides her eyes. He could understand all the confusion she has gone through. No doubt she had heard of everything Harry has accomplished from Dumbledore. The Philospher's Stone, the Chamber of Secrets, freeing sirius, and the Triwizard tournament. Belle always wished she could be beside Harry helping him discover the secrets behind Voldemort. Maybe now she can. "Belle!" Her mother's loud voice snapped Belle back to reality. "Did you hear your grandfather?" Belle looked up at her mom, "Uh, no sorry i wasn't paying attention." Beth shook her head while Dumbledore just laughed a hearty laugh. " Dear, i was saying that your going to spend the rest of the summer with Sirius. I know how much you wanted to see him." Belle's eyes turned to light yellow. She wore a happy smile on her face. "So you need to pack your belongings. Beth, i believe you might need to use a spell to enlarge the size of Belle's bag." Beth laughed, "Yes, she does have alot of clothes." Belle giggled,"So grandpa, where am I going now?" Dumbledore looked into her yellow eyes with wonder. "Grimmauld Place in London."
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this story a while back for a different site, but now I'm moving it here!! I hope you all like it!