Status: Active!!

The Color of Her Eyes

Grimmauld Place

"Grimmauld place." Belle whispered to herself. She looked up at the old, withered looking house. "It's strange that a house with such an ugly appearance can be filled with wonderful things." Belle turned to her grandfather standing beside her. "Ready?" Dumbledore asked. Belle's eyes changed from their normal brown to a yellow-green. Dumbledore gazed down into them. "Don't be afraid child. These people will soon become an important part of your life." Dumbledore lead Belle into the house. Belle could sense she was about to meet someone important. Someone who could change her life. And it scared her more then anything.

Dumbledore opened a door to a long hallway. It looked ancient and smelled disgusting from mold. The hallway would be pitch dark if it wasn't lit by gas lamps and one dusty chandelier. The wall paper was peeling of the walls exposing a ugly gray color underneath. The carpets that Belle and Dumbledore were currently standing on were wearing thin with massive holes and dirt about it. Belle absorbed the hallway in one lingering glance.. A small door opened at one end of the hallway which looked as if it lead to stairs. A short plump looking woman appeared in the doorway. She had flaming red hair and soft brown eyes that looked worned from years of drama. That, or she had alot of kids.

Dumbledore stepped towards this women, signaling Belle to follow. "Professor Dumbledore! It's always such a pleasure to see you!" Dumbledore smiled,"As it is with you Molly. I hope we haven't disturbed dinner plans." Belle fumbled with the lace on the bottom of her shirt, impatiently waiting for an introduction. She hated when elders ignored her. "Of course not! I set two extra plates for you and.." Molly stopped and glanced at the young girl next to the Professor. Belle smiled warmly at Molly and outstretched her hand. "I'm Belle. Belle King. It's a pleasure to meet you." Molly took the girl's hand and shook it gently. She looked at Belle with awe, which was the usual reaction when meeting Belle. " Professor, you told me she was lovely but i wasn't expecting such a beautiful young woman." Belle smiled. She wasn't expecting to be called a beautiful young woman. Usually the introduction followed by a excited slur of "OMG your the chosen one! You survived! Your a legend! Can you sign my head?" It was after a few of these introduction that Belle's mom decided to "fake" Belle's last name.

"So Belle I have to be off. I am very sorry that I can't stay for dinner Molly." Molly nodded in understanding. Dumbledore turned and began to walked down the hall. "Wait! Grandpa! You're leaving me?!?" Dumbledore waved, "Your in good hands. Goodbye love". Belle stared vacantly at the spot where her grandfather use to be. She couldn't believe he was gone, just like that. Belle slowly turned back to Molly, who had a look of shock upon her face. "Merlin, I didn't know your eyes changed that quickly. They went from brown to yellow-green like that. Amazing. Ok so come along dear and don't be frightened. Everyone here is nice. You'll meet the members of the Order...," Belle nodded. She had heard of the Order once or twice before. Her mom kept telling her they were fighting Voldemort and were friends as well as trusting people. Belle prayed to god that they were. "... and my kids. I have seven. Only four are here. Ron, Ginny, Fred and George. Oh, and you'll meet Hermione. She's a family friend. Very smart girl..." Belle was getting more and more frightened as Molly talked on. Meeting new people wasn't the difficult part. Belle was a very outgoing girl. But it was the judging part that scared her. No matter how many times someone says they aren't superficial, they still judge people. That's a fact. "... and of course you'll meet Harry. I bet you're excited about that." Belle's stomach dropped. Harry? As in Potter? She felt as if her lunch was about to appear in front of her like magic.

She crept down the narrow staircase behind Molly. Belle didn't think she was ready for this. Being called "The Chosen One" again. It scared her. Belle kept her head down as she stepped onto the kitchen floor, with Molly's voice ringing through her ears." Everyone this is Belle. Belle this is everyone." Belle looked up slowly. Everyone's eyes were on Belle, looking her up and down. She looked down the table of people, seeing a few red heads who must of been Molly's children, a few older men, a fair-skinned girl with bushy brown hair, a familiar worn face which Belle recognized as Sirius, and a slim boy who seemed to be staring with the most intensity. Belle scanned his face and saw the lightening bolt scar on his forehead.That was one difference between Harry and Belle after the incident. She never got a scar, but Harry had one branding him with the curse of that night. Her heart skipped a beat. Belle took a deep breathe and smiled, "Hello it's a pleasure to meet all of you." *Ok so that wasn't as hard as i thought it would be* Everyone slowly began to smile at Belle.

Sirius was the first to break the silence, "Belle, you look so much older then the last time i saw you. How are you?" Sirius got up to give Belle a hug, something he couldn't wait to do. Every single one of Sirius's hugs to Belle had been through bars at Azkaban. He couldn't see her when he was hiding out. That would of been too dangerous. Belle felt the warmth of the hug through her body. It gave her comfort to know one person loves her in the room. Sirius turned back to the table, " Belle this is Remus Lupin. He was a friend of your father." Belle smiled, "Of course. My mom tells me stories about you all the time. Good stories, don't worry. It's a pleasure to finally put a face to the man." Lupin laughed deeply, "Yes well i could tell you quite a bit of stories about your mother as well." Lupin had an air of mischef in his voice. Sirius chuckled, " Not hardly as bad as your stories Lupin. This is Tonks and Mr. Weasley, Molly's husband as you can guess," Sirius gestured to the young, unique looking girl with purple hair and an older looking man with bright red hair and soft blue eyes. "Please, it's Arthur."

"This is Hermione, Ron and Ginny." Belle smiled warmly at them, gesturing towards Ginny and Ron, "I'm guessing red hair is kind-of a signature for your family." They laughed lightly at her joke. Belle thanked God that they had a sense of humor.

"Oi! Fred! No one told me that the other chosen one was so beautiful. Hey Harry! Why aren't you pretty?" Everyone laughed at that loud red-head who Belle guessed was George. Belle smiled small and glanced up at the boy, noticing the ginger red curl of his hair and the faint laugh lines around his lips. She glanced back down at her lap, realizing how cute this George kid really is. Peeking back up, Belle could see George smiling down at her, pulling his lips into a smirk. Belle's eyes changed to a light purple as she felt the blush rush up to her cheeks. Before Belle could think another second about that smile, she realized everyone's eyes were on her. An intense chill ran through her body as Belle looked back at George, whose forehead was creased. Now the other boy, Fred, spoke. " You eyes changed. Brilliant." Belle got nervous as a silence fell over the room causing her eyes to change to olive green with embarrassment. "Yeah, they uh do that from time to time." Realizing she was looking at the floor, Belle averted her glaze back to Fred and George. "You would think i would realize you two were twins when i walked in." George laughed, "Yeah, we do that from time to time.". Everyone chuckled as Belle smiled gratefully at George.