Status: A working progress

I Got Your Picture I'm Coming With You

Chapter 29

JACK'S POV

"No, not this one...not that one either...oh now that's just horrendous...it's okay I guess, I mean if I had to...I can NOT go down the aisle in THAT!"

That was pretty much all I heard from outside of where Lexie was trying on dresses with Vienna. Vienna kept insisting she looked fine, and I bet she did, she always did. Lexie was just...beautiful. Naturally. I loved her for that, as well as her warm and funny personality, the way she smiled at me, the feel of her lips under mine...it was all just perfect. What was more perfect was that Lexie was having my baby...my baby girl. Yeah okay, so it was both our second child but it was our first child together...and I sincerely hoped there would be more. Although apparently a baby wasn't exactly the best thing when you're trying to find a suitable wedding dress.

"No! I look horrible! Stupid baby bump! Why can't they just like grow in a garden or something instead of growing inside of you and making you fat?" she complained. Oh dear.

Vienna tried to sooth her. "Are you talking about flower patch kids? Oh come ON! It's really not that bad! It's only a small bump! You're like only just coming up to three months! And if they didn't grow inside you, then the baby making thing wouldn't be as fun."

Even I chuckled at that. "Lexie, just pick a dress and buy it! I'm sure you'd look fine in every one of those dresses you've spent the last hour and a half trying on!" I called to her from outside the dressing room.

I heard a sigh and Vienna and Lexie talked a little more about which dress she would have, and I think they finally decided on one. The assistant looked relieved, and I smiled apologetically at her. Must be hard trying to find dresses for wedding stressed women, let alone pregnant and hormonal wedding stressed women. I smiled as my fiance came out and I took her hand. "You finally done?"

She grimaced but nodded. "Nothing suited me, I swear. God I wish you coulda waited till later to get me up the duff."

I chuckled at her. "Oh come now, I can't control those fine little swimmers."

Lexie rolled her eyes and blushed slightly.

We paid for the dress, and I tried not to hyperventilate when I saw the price. I wasn't allowed to see the dress, for obvious reasons, and we arranged for it to be sent out to Baltimore in time for the wedding. Just one more week now. And I literally could not contain my excitement! In a week, Lexie would be mine!

Wait, did that sound creepily possessive? Ah well, I really don't give one.

We hadn't heard any more about Millie's 'imaginary' friend. Last Millie told us was that Jasey had to leave for a while to spend time with her grandpa...he was looking after her and missed her when she was with Millie. But Millie understood, and so did Lexie, she was just happy that everything was okay between herself and her daughter. And she did seem happier, which made me happier. I didn't want Lexie to be unhappy, not ever.

The various ultrasounds had confirmed that we were having a girl, but we didn't really need them to tell us. And we hadn't even thought of names yet. I guess we'd have to make a list at some point, but we had a good six months to go.

When we got home, Lexie just sat on the couch with her guitar and started playing as I made dinner. She was working on some new songs for another album, but I told her not to stress about it. Hopeless had said she should pace herself, they wanted to look after her health too, but Lexie had insisted that if I got to be in a studio recording, then so should she. Which, okay, fair point. I just hoped she would take it easier when the baby was actually born.

"I like that one," I told Lexie as I passed her dinner and she put the guitar to the side.

She smiled. "Well of course you would, it's your fucking song," she said throwing a few peas at me.

"Hey! I slaved away over a hot oven to make you that!" I said pouting.

Lexie rolled her eyes. "Oh Jack, no you didn't. You and I both know this is a ready meal. I men we're eating it out of a box! Plus it tastes like actual English food, so it's not gonna be your cooking." Fair point. We were having chip shop style fish and chips with peas. Yeah I didn't make it. It was a ready meal.

I sighed and she grinned, tucking in.

It was...nice. Being like this. Just together. I really could imagine the rest of my life with her like this. It would be nice to be able to sit like this when we're in our sixties with grandchildren running around. I smiled at the thought. See? i could be serious!

"Hey Lexie, what do you want for your birthday?" I asked her. I really didn't know what to get her. I mean yeah, I had like just over three weeks to go until the 17th of October but I just thought I was leaving it a little late.

She thought about it as she ate. "I don't really know...I mean I have all your records and your new one won't be out in time...and I got to meet you and the band, I mean I'm gonna fucking marry you so I don't need tickets to show for Meet and Greets...Damn. I haven't even thought about anything...I mean it's not like I can say I wanna go on holiday because we'll be on our honeymoon...although I doubt how much fun we'll have considering I'll be hormonal all the time."

I rolled my eyes at her. "Oh come on, I'll have you, and we can still have fun! Do you doubt me excellent skills?" I said winking. More peas in my face. "There must be something you want OTHER than something All Time Low related. I mean come on! There's always something!"

Lexie shrugged. "I really don't know...tell you what, how about you surprise me?"

I sighed in exasperation. "You're only saying that so you don't have to think about what you want aren't you?" She nodded with a huge smile plastered on her face.

Maybe I did know what to get her after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I'm hoping to wrap this story up today so I can start on the next one because honestly? I think the next one will be a LOT better. I just can't write Jack well :/ but I hope you liked it! I shall immediately start writing the next one!

THANK YOU FOR READING/SUBSCRIBING/COMMENTING I love you all!!!! :D