It Was Always You

Stefan On Human Blood

“Elena.” I heard Damon say as I turned around to face him. We were standing in the middle of the airport, waiting for Jeremy to get off his plane because it had just landed. “Yes Damon?” I asked a small smile forming on my lips. “You look beautiful.” He said as I smiled even more, “Thanks.” I whispered as I turned back around to see Jeremy standing there.

“Jeremy!” I yelled pulling my younger brother into a hug. “I missed you.” He whispered in my ear as I pulled back smiling at him. “I missed you too.” I replied as he just smiled. I watched as Jeremy's eyes looked towards Damon and he started to look severely confused. “Did you switch brothers while I was gone or something?” Jeremy questioned a small smile on his lips showing that he was only joking.

I heard Damon chuckle behind me as he replied before I could even say anything, “Actually Stefan is having some..problems, so he's at home.” Damon explained as Jeremy looked even more confused then he had before. “I'll explain later! Let's just get you home.” I said smiling and grabbing a hold of Jeremy's wrist as I pulled him out towards the exit of the airport.

◊◊◊


“Time to explain.” Jeremy said as me and Damon both walked into the kitchen behind him. I sighed as I sat up on the counter and Damon stood beside me. I looked up at Damon and could easily tell that he was trying to figure out how to explain everything to Jeremy as well. “Stefan is drinking human blood again. He's sort of under control but were still worrying about him..” I started saying as Damon rudely interrupted me. “And he's trying to pretend he has no humanity.” He said shrugging as if what he had to say was more important than my explanation.

“Where exactly is he?” Jeremy asked as I looked up at Damon allowing him to answer Jeremy's question. “Well right now he's probably playing twister and sucking some random girls blood...” Damon started saying but I interrupted him not wanting him to go into anymore detail than that. “That's not under control.” Jeremy said looking over at me. “We're trying to help him though.” I explained as I grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge and tried to open it. “Really.” I mumbled after attempting to open the bottle three times.

Jeremy just laughed as Damon put his hand out for me to hand him the bottle. I handed it to him and he opened it easily. I smiled taking it back out of his hands then taking a sip. “You two should probably go check on him.” Jeremy suggested as he started heading upstairs to his room.

“Good idea.” I said as I looked towards Damon to see if he agreed with me. “Come on.” He motioned towards the door. “I'll be back in a bit!” I yelled to Jeremy because he was now upstairs.

◊◊◊


“He might have it under control you never know..” I started saying to Damon as we walked into his living room only to see Stefan sucking the blood out of some innocent teenage girl. My mouth dropped open as I turned towards Damon, he just shook his head walking over to his brother.

“Stefan this isn't trying to control it.” I heard Damon start saying as Stefan laughed letting the girl that he had at the house walk over to the couch. “Damon don't you want to have some fun. What happened to you? I thought you were the bad guy.” Stefan started saying but Damon just ignored him and kept talking. “Stefan stop pretending. We all know that this isn't really you, this is you on human blood! And even on human blood you still care.” Damon was shouting now, he was obviously upset about his brother deciding to go back on the human blood.

I couldn't take it anymore, seeing Stefan like this. This just wasn't him, this wasn't the guy that I fell in love with. I ran out of the house and into the front yard, sitting down in a patch of grass. A few tears started falling as I felt someone sit down beside me.

I turned towards them tears rolling down my cheeks, “Damon.” I whispered as he quickly whipped the tears off with his thumbs. “He'll get better I promise.” Damon whispered leaning his head against mine. “I hope so.” I said a chill going down my spine because it was a bit cold out. “Me too.” Damon whispered before quickly standing up and putting his hand out to help me up. I tried my best to smile but I was to upset, I took Damon's hand gratefully and he pulled me up to his side.

“Let's get you home.” Damon said before leading me out to his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
I seriously love writing this story because Damon & Elena are the perfect couple:]
Image