Status: In Progress

Set Fire to the Rain

Like a Kid Again

We had amazing seats in the theatre to say the least. I don’t think I will ever have seats to compare to this again in my lifetime. Not too close, but close. We didn’t have to crane our necks to look up during the performance which was great. We had backstage passes Shannon said, and had asked if I wanted to watch from side stage, but I told him that I really wanted to watch from the regular seats if possible. This was a first for me, and I wanted to do it right. He totally understood and got a kick out of it. I must have looked like a kid on Christmas morning, the smile never leaving my face, I found myself singing along a lot of the time quietly, and looking around for fear of getting yelled at by security or someone, but no one ever yelled or pointed me out. It was then that I noticed Shannon watching me with the strangest expression on his face. He asked me at one point what it was I kept looking around for. When I told him I was afraid of getting in trouble by security for singing or doing something wrong, he busted out in a fit of laughter that lasted for what seemed like forever. I sank down in my seat from embarrassment just wanting to disappear from everyone’s view. Then he tapped me on the arm, leaned over and said into my ear that no one was getting in trouble, we could get up and dance if we wanted too, we could sing as loud as we wanted too, then he told me I was amazing and shook his head at me with a smile. God I was an idiot.

As we sat there during the show, I saw out of the corner of my eye that Shannon was very slowly moving his left hand over towards my right, and in one fluid motion, he slid our hands together intertwining our fingers. If I had not looked down, i would have thought our two hands had become one. When Adele began to sing ‘Lovesong’ ,Shannon’s eyes glanced towards me, and I looked at him, our eyes never leaving one another, as he raised our hands slowly to his lips and placed a gentle kiss upon the top of my hand. The feeling of his soft lips upon my skin was simple, sweet, and perfect. When he had our hands placed back between us he started to trace light circles and designs along the top of my hand with his calloused thumb, never letting go. Yet for the duration of the song we couldn’t seem to look away from one another. There was something there, and it was scaring me, making me happy, crazy, and yep attracted to the man. God help me. This was so far out of character for me; I didn’t know what to make of it. He continued to hold my hand, sing along quietly and we just gazed. When the song finally ended, we both glanced away, me with a shaky breath, and it was then that I noticed my left hand was trembling slightly. Oh boy, I was in big trouble.

Adele had an impeccable show, and everyone seemed to really love her. I didn’t really know what to do at the end of the show other than stay in my seat and watch people leave. I was more concerned with what people would think of Shannon being there with someone like me. Would they hate him now, bother him for signatures and photos? Surprisingly, only a few people asked and the rest left us alone. He knew a few of the people around us, and was nice enough to introduce us. After talking for a few minutes and catching up with friends, or maybe they were more like acquaintances, they left us on our own. After a while, we were basically the only ones except for security in the main seating area. So I sat there looking around slightly confused.

It was then that Shannon held his hand out to help me stand up and we just stood in front of one another for a long drawn out moment. I thought for a second that he may actually kiss me, it was that kind of moment, but he didn’t. The only thing he did was help me to my feet and then take a slow step back with a smile.

“Ok, so what did you think?” He asked with a huge ass grin on his face.

“Well, after I figured out that no one was going to come after me for singing along with Adele and causing a disturbance, I had a fucking amazing time. I don’t know that this will ever be topped Shannon. Thank you for this. You were right when you said I needed it.” I said looking at my feet as I scuffed them back and forth nervously on the floor. “So what do we do now, go to the car and head home?”

“Ok, first you can’t say this will never be topped, because you have yet to see my band play live!” He said proudly, sticking out his chest and tilting his head up in the air like a fool. Alright, he looked adorable. “This may be a close 2nd, but you just have to wait and see! Second, we are absolutely not going home yet! The night wouldn’t be anywhere near amazing enough if I didn’t introduce you to the lady herself.” Shannon said.

“Excuse me, what! Meet Adele? You want me to meet Adele? In person, like right now? Are you kidding me! Look at me! I look like shit, and I don’t know what to say to her, seriously. Oh my god. Why!” I screamed at him, smacking him in the chest. Yep, I was freaking out.
“Should I be hugely insulted that you didn’t get this excited when we met for the first time? By the way, you look absolutely perfect” he said to me looking up from under his long lashes while biting his bottom lip slightly.

“No please don’t be insulted. I guess, maybe being outside the office and meeting someone famous is just a little, different. Stupid? Wait, did you just say I look perfect?” I giggled while looking up at him shyly.

“Yes, you look perfect. You couldn’t look any better if an artist tried to paint you. Sweetheart, no, it’s not stupid. And I was only joking about when we met. Please don’t worry”

“I know. I’m sorry if I am overly sensitive to things. God I am so fucking this up” I grumbled, running my left hand through my hair in frustration.

“Hey” Shannon said gently lifting my chin up with his finger so that I was looking into his eyes. “You are not fucking anything up. I think you are absolutely adorable actually. And with that said, I think there is a certain young woman waiting backstage to meet us, so let’s go say hello.” Shannon said in a low voice and a wink of his hazel eyes.

“Alright, let’s go.” Taking my hand gently in his calloused one, we walked backstage together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update! :) Super short I know. Please don't throw anything at me! Lol! Who knows I may update again later. Please comment and subscribe! Show me some luv! Thanks for reading everyone!
Love y'all!
<3
mysoul4jimmy