Status: In Progress

Set Fire to the Rain

You Could Be Hazardous To My Health

“She was so amazing, and totally down to earth. That was so much fun! I can’t remember the last time I had that much fun. Thank you” I said to Shannon as he walked me to my apartment door.

“There’s no need to thank me Eliza. I had an amazing time with you tonight. Probably the most fun I have had in a really long while with anyone.”

I looked at him, not believing that was possible. As this beautiful, funny, incredibly intelligent man stood in front of me with his hands in his jeans pockets with his head cocked to the side looking down at me, I couldn’t help but think that he had lost his mind maybe wanting to be here with me. Or at least wonder why he would want to be with me in the first place, given he could be with anyone he wanted anywhere he wanted. Then Shannon took a small step towards me taking me by surprise. “How come I have a hard time believing that” I whispered.

“You have no idea how special you are do you” he asked me. Then he slowly reached up with his right hand cupping my cheek, gently rubbing his hand upon my skin and holding my face in his strong hand. Then it was happening. Slowly he began to move his face towards mine feeling the warmth of his breath upon my face at first, looking up into his eyes, and standing together outside in the dark; his soft, full lips made contact with mine for a few brief moments and then slowly pulled away. My stomach flipped, and I stood there in slight shock as he smiled and stepped back from me. I smiled back at him and bit my lower lip. “I am going to wait until you are safely locked away inside before I take off if that’s ok.” He leaned in slightly to push a curl that had fallen into my eyes back behind my ear very lightly, the sweetest gesture.

“That’s perfectly acceptable, thank you. I had a really great time Shannon.”

“I am going to call you really soon, is that alright with you?” he asked me with
hopefulness in his voice.

“I would really love that.”

“Great, because I can’t wait to talk to you again. Sleep well El.”

“Be safe going home Shannon.”

After I said goodnight, I turned around, unlocked the door and stepped inside locking the door behind me. I peeked out the window, and indeed Shannon was standing there watching to make sure I locked up behind myself. I gave him a small wave, and he winked back and walked away. Wow. I walked upstairs, hung up my coat, took off my shoes and filled in JT and MJ(via Skype) on my evening. True to his word, JT had waited for me to get home and immediately demanded that I fill him in on every detail. Well, I may have left out the kiss detail, that was my own secret and I wasn’t telling a soul. For some reason I wanted to keep it preserved just for me and no one else. Yeah I know it wasn’t much of a kiss, but it was perfect to me. It had only been about 20 minutes since Shannon had dropped me off at home and my cell phone started to ring. Who in the world would call me at almost 3 am, I have no idea, but looking at the caller id, I had to laugh. It was Shannon.

“Is there a problem Mr. Leto?”

“Well, actually there was. And I think you are the only person that can help me out with it. What do you say, you want to help me out?”

“Hmm. I don’t know, it sounds like it might be dangerous.” I laughed.

“Dangerous huh? I wouldn’t say dangerous, maybe more like hazardous.”

“Well, shit, hazardous doesn’t sound much better Shan. How am I supposed to be the only help with this hazardous problem of yours?” I laughed at his strange request.

“It won’t hurt you my dear, you see it’s hazardous to my well-being.”

“Oh really? Now we can’t have our favorite drummer ever having anything hazardous happening to him, the world would end and the Echelon would riot! That we cannot have.” I said in mock horror. The truth of the matter was, I was beginning to think that Shannon Leto was becoming hazardous to my health not the other way around. But I decided to play along with him anyway.“ So what is it that I can do to help out exactly?”

“Just talk to me while I drive home please…”

“Shan, I think that can be arranged. You are ridiculous you know that right?” I said to him with a chuckle.

“Ok, there may be more to it than that, but I am nervous so give me a minute.”

“The amazing Shannon Leto is nervous? Are you kidding me? I think that’s adorable.” I teased.

“Hey, when all you want to do is think about this one amazing woman, and all you want to do is spend all your time with her and talk with her and the whole time you don’t know what to say, it’s really disconcerting” he said in a huge rush of nervous energy. I honestly don’t think he realized he said all of what he did, and I wasn’t going to bring any of it up. “So what are you doing tomorrow?” He asked me quickly.

“I have no idea, but I don’t think anything, why?”

“Isn’t it obvious, I want to spend the day with you tomorrow, and I don’t want you to have a chance to make plans. So what do you say, will you spend the day with me?”

“You just left my house. Aren’t you sick of me?”

“Honestly, no. I am finding, Ms. Cahrter that I can’t stop thinking of you, and the more time I do spend with you, I only want to get to know you more. Besides, I’m only here for a few more weeks before I go back to LA.” Disappointment hung in the air.

“Well, I… um. I already told you that I don’t date.” I stopped and thought for a moment about what he had said. The man was going home to LA in a few weeks so there would be no dating involved. Just friends, it would be perfect. No feelings involved no David, no mess. “Shannon, actually, you know what? I would really like that. Call me in the morning and let me know what you have in mind.”

“Great. I have something to look forward too now. Hey, wait a minute! It sounds like you are trying to get rid of me. Besides, you said you would talk with me until I got home.” Shannon accused me with a laugh.

“I know, I’m sorry. Ughhh! No! That’s not what I meant, I swear!” I wanted to smack myself. After that comment we talked on the phone until he arrived at his apartment in the city safe and sound almost 40 minutes later. The interesting thing was that it felt like only minutes. Could it be the start of something good in my life for a change? Maybe, just maybe… Only tomorrow will tell us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so I decided to post another update because I felt terrible that the previous chapter was so short! Please comment, subscribe, show me lots of love!!!! I really hope y'all are enjoying this so far. I am having a great time writing it for you! :)

<3
mysoul4jimmy