Status: In Progress

Set Fire to the Rain

Asshole Father

JT’s POV

As we were driving down some street a town over from where we live, or used to live, on our way to our new ‘home’, my mind couldn’t help but replay the things my mom had told us before we left. I can’t believe she left the fucking prick. I never thought she’d do it. Seriously, the beatings were so bad sometimes that MJ and I had to call 911, because we were afraid she was paralyzed. That time the asshole punched, kicked, and just beat her so badly that she had passed out from the pain. We couldn’t wake her up initially, and when she finally roused, she couldn’t move. Mom said that fuck face had kicked and punched her repeatedly in her back right around her spine area. That was when MJ picked up the phone and called 911, there was no way we were taking any chances with our mom. They took her to the ER and had her checked out, they also did scans, x-rays, and mri’s , everything the doctors could do, they were doing. It turned out that the fuck actually did a decent amount of damage to her spine, and had also caused internal damage that was life threatening. He managed to fuck up her discs and she had to have emergency surgery, along with having internal bleeding, they had to work hard on her to be able to ensure that she was able to not only walk again, but also that she would survive. That beating had almost cost my mom her life, and all of us wanted to kill my father when that happened. My Uncle Jack had shown up and had the look on his face that said it all. He is a Police Officer in another town, and has been trying to get my mom to press charges for many years, but she absolutely refuses every single time. The whole family and the few friends she has been allowed over the years have been trying to get her to see the light for a long ass time. Thankfully MJ and I have never had to defend ourselves physically against the asshole, but the verbal abuse has been unrelenting for as long as I can remember. He gives the outward appearance of being the perfect guy, standup father, faithful husband, and you would never guess at the horrors that happen behind the closed doors of our house. My mom has always been very strong and protective of MJ and I and made sure that nothing ever happens to us. She would rather put herself in harm’s way than anything happen to either one of us. So when she told us of her plans, at first I was confused, and I don’t know what exactly made her decide to do this now, but I can honestly say, I have never been more proud of my mom than I am right now.

I am really nervous and excited to be starting over. However, I am scared shitless to see how Dickless responds when he finds out what mom has done. Knowing him and his tendencies for severe over-reactions, leaving beforehand was a genius idea. I hope like fuck this apartment isn’t a shithole. The second bonus is that we’re still going to school at the same place. Lots of kids would think it’s stupid, but MJ and I have a killer band that plays punk/rock music and we are fucking great, and I actually happen to like where we go to school. The other members of our band are all from our school, and we practice at their houses. I play the electric/acoustic guitar and sing backup vocals. I love being in a band with MJ as the lead singer. She also plays piano/keyboard, electric guitar and bass. Yep, my sister is a fucking genius. We are starting to play at small clubs and parties. Nothing big, but you have to start somewhere right? I hope like hell the neighbors like music, because I have no intentions of keeping quiet with mine.

MJ’s POV

Oh hell, JT’s got a goofy ass grin on his face, so he’s probably planning the death of one of his teachers or something. Hahahaha! Not a chance, he is too good a kid for that shit, and I love him. Of course, I give him shit I am his sister after all!

I was watching the road in front of us as I drove behind my mom, on our way to the new apartment. We should be there soon by my estimate. This is going to be a great change. Peaceful, happy, and hey, here’s a new one, maybe a little bit of fucking normal. Thank fuck! I am really looking forward to this, but praying that my mom will be able to stick it out on her own and not go back to the asshole father of ours. I have heard the stories before. So I am keeping my fingers crossed. Mom is one tough lady, so I believe she can do this. We just have to survive the papers being served and her telling him what is happening. That won’t be as easy as it seems. My dad is the master manipulator. I think we are all afraid deep down that it will not go well. That’s not a good feeling to have.

After a few more turns and a total of about a 35 minute drive, we made started to slow down along the street in front of a very large, very beautiful, old Victorian. Then we made the right hand turn onto the driveway belonging to house #569, and I had officially become very confused along with JT. I followed behind mom down the driveway alongside the large house and passed the small parking spots off to the right where there was already a black Lexus parked. I looked around, noticing that the back yard was enormous. At the far end of the property was a garage, for 3 cars, that was the size of a small house. What the hell is going on? Confusion is an understatement. Mom had some explaining to do…
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update! Sorry it's on the short side and a bit of filler, but necessary. Hope you like it, and please, please, please COMMENT! I would love comments and subscribers!!! Thank you for reading! Oh, and the title of my story is obviously a song by Adele, and I do not own or know either, I wish! I also tend to take some of my chapter names from songs of bands I enjoy, I don't know them either. That's all my darlings! Enjoy!!