Status: In Progress

Set Fire to the Rain

Pancake Breakfast With a Naked Man

At the crack of dawn Sunday morning I was up making homemade pancakes of all kinds with some help from JT, there were Blueberry, chocolate chip, strawberry, and whatever weird concoction JT had come up with. It always turned out gross, and I never expected much. I prayed that Shannon didn’t expect anything from my sons strange breakfast mix. The originals were great, but JT’s were um, a little scary. Shannon had not been up yet as far as I knew, but my guess was that when the coffee went on the pot, he would be out in in a flash. I knew the man loved his coffee. Jake had just finished putting the coffee on when we heard the creak of MJ’s door, and a brief 'hello' was said from down the hall, in a deep voice. We busted out laughing and said hello in a super cheery voice just to start his day off right! We then heard another door open and shut a few moments after, assuming it to be the bathroom door, and figured we were correct when we heard the water start to run and figured he was getting showered and ready for the day.

While JT was finishing breakfast, I decided to go into MJ’s room and grab the sheets off her bed so that I could get a load of laundry started once Shannon left. When I was pulling the sheets and pillow cases off the bed and pillows I couldn’t help but notice the scent that came from them. They were so infused with the scent of Shannon I almost wanted to take one of the pillowcases and put it into a Ziploc bag so I could take it out and smell it whenever I was missing him. Holy shit, I was a sick woman. Here I am standing in my guest’s room with my face stuffed into his sheets. This has got to look really bad. I am really sick in the head, but I couldn't help myself!

“Is there something wrong with the sheets Sweetheart? Or did you lose something in there that I might be able to help you find” Shannon said from directly in front of me, making me jump in surprise, wrapped only in a dark blue towel at the waist, that I was absolutely not looking at right now. Lie...

“No, um, I figured that since you were in the shower I would run in here and grab the sheets and start a small load of laundry.That’s all.”

“Umhm. And like you weren’t just considering taking one of the pillowcases or something and putting it into a baggie so that you could get a whiff whenever you like, right?”

“What, did I say something out loud?” I asked terrified of what I might have said or done. Then before I realized it Shannon was standing directly in front of me, with damp hair in all his towel wrapped glory. My eyes drifted slowly from his face down along the contours of his neck, shoulders, his muscled chest with the small patch of light hair slayed across it, and his abs. God his abs were firm, and his skin was glistening with small beads of water that were still dripping from the shower he'd taken. Wow, the edges of his towel were hanging low around his waist. I mean really low. The man is pure perfection. Feeling my face starting to burn up, I tried very slowly and nonchalantly to bring my eyes back up to his without him noticing. However, he had a knowing look on his face and just smiled at me, thankfully not saying a word about it.

“No you didn’t sweetheart. But I have to say that wouldn’t be the worst thing I have ever heard.” He said with a wink, standing way too close to me nearly naked.

“Yeah, um I don’t know if I want to know. That’s just ugh, gross. You know what, I am going to leave you so that you can get dressed into um, clothes! You do have clothes with you right?” I finished gathering up the sheets and pillowcases rushing around Shannon towards the doorway without looking at him for even a second. Yes, that was entirely on purpose.

“Yes, I have clothes. Don’t worry babe, I went out and grabbed my overnight bag early this morning. Jake turned off the alarm and let me out, because I didn't want to wake you up at the crack of dawn. Oh, he also showed me around the garage studio it’s really nice by the way.” I was standing in the hallway shifting from one foot to another nervously with the sheets gathered in my arms as I glanced back over my shoulder and smiled. “I will be in for breakfast in 10.” He answered me in a joking manner.

“Yeah, I have to go start this, and I will wait in the kitchen for you, breakfast is all done when you are ready.” I told him as I rushed down the hall and downstairs to the closet where the laundry was kept, and started a load of as quickly as I could while trying not to think of the very naked Shannon currently standing in my daughter’s room.

“You’re adorable when you blush sweetheart!” I heard Shannon yell from upstairs. Great, Jake probably heard that too, which means I may never hear the end of it.

I made my way back upstairs and went into the kitchen and started to fidget around trying to keep my mind occupied as I looked up at JT. He had a funny look on his face. Raising my shoulders I asked him “What?”

“I heard that, is there something I should know about? Oh, and imagine my surprise, when I woke up to find this world famous drummer hanging out on the couch waiting for someone to let him outside so that he could grab his overnight bag, because he forgot to bring in last night.” Jake said with a concerned look standing across the kitchen from me.

“There’s nothing to say, he stayed over instead of driving all the way back last night. It was your suggestion by the way! The man was exhausted. Shannon has an early practice today so he had to be up early anyway and head out. So after breakfast, he’s leaving and we won’t see each other again unless it’s at one of his shows.”

“I’m sorry, one of what shows?” Jake asked. He started to walk towards the table and pulled out a seat across from me and sat down to begin putting a plate of pancakes together and pour a mug of coffee.

“Yeah, he kind of invited all of us to a few of their shows this week. It’s a really big deal this week for the band. It’s their 309th show for a single album cycle and they are getting a Guinness Book World Record for it on Tuesday. Shannon more than generously invited us to attend Mondays, Tues, Thurs and Friday’s shows. All with back stage access. I just don’t think we will be able to do it. It’s all just, too much.” I whispered to Jake sadly.

“Mom, you know sometimes it’s” but we were cut off by Shannon’s appearance in the kitchen. We would have to finish our talk later after he had left.

“Hey, man I never asked you, did you have a good night’s sleep?” Jake asked with a strange look on his face.

“Actually, I had a great night’s sleep, thanks. Oh and thanks for helping me out this morning and showing me around the studio you have going on downstairs.” Shannon paid the compliment with real sincerity.

“Thank you, really. The rest of the band and I make the best out of what we have and it works.”

“You love playing music and playing with your band right?”

“Yes sir, more than anything.” Jake told Shannon.

“Then don’t let anything stop you from trying to achieve your dreams, if that is what you want. Only if it’s what you really want. Anything is possible, not only are my brother and I proof of that, but so is your mom. Live your dreams man, live it big and don’t look back.” He took a plate from the counter and came to the table and started picking from the different kinds of pancakes, deciding on a few of each then also taking some grit casserole, and turkey sausage. Then he picked up a mug and filled it to the top with fresh coffee, and began to dig in. It was great to watch his face as he ate. He looked so happy and relaxed, just being himself.

We all joked and talked together, and of course he brought up the shows for the coming week to Jake asking if her were interested in coming. And Jake being Jake he jumped on the chance to go at every opportunity, then he asked if he could bring a girl that he was interested in but they were only at the ‘friends’ stage. Shannon being the guy he is said no problem, he just needed her name and there would be a package delivered by messenger at the end of the day for all of us and if MJ, Evan and MJ’s roommate wanted in, I just had to say the word. The man was killing me. I didn’t know if I would be able to go. But I may as well let my family have fun and enjoy this while they were given the opportunity. I should offer this to Jack, John, Scott and Kym. If I didn’t they would hunt me down, kill me and pin the murder on someone else. Then they would never speak to me again, just for fun.

After Shannon finished eating, he dragged himself to the sink and cleaned up after himself, turning around and looking at me saying nothing at all. Jake had left the room a few minutes earlier, so it was only the 2 of us right now. Shannon placed his hands in his jeans pockets and looked down at the floor slightly shuffling his feet as he absently began to tap his fingers against his legs. I got up with my empty glass and my plate and carried both to the sink and began rinsing them out. I would wash everything after Shannon left. So I just stood there leaning forward against the countertop, next to him. Then I turned around to face the same direction as he was. Nothing was said for a few minutes, but Shannon was the first to break the silence.

“I have never wanted to skip a practice more in my life than I do right now.”

“Well, that’s not a good sign. I think I’m bad for your career.” I said laughing and jabbing him with my elbow.

“Not a chance! I do have to go. Will you walk out with me to the car though?”

“I know you have to leave, and yes, I think that can be handled.”

I thought Shannon was stepping away to go and gather his things, but was surprised when he turned around in front of me and wrapped his arms around me and just pulled me into a really warm hug. “This was the perfect morning. Thank you.”

My arms were wrapped around him and holding on maybe a tad too tightly, but I was just enjoying the moment. “I’m happy you lived to tell the tale, after eating JT’s mystery pancakes.” I laughed with a cringe on my face. “And you are very, very, welcome.”

Pulling away from one another he gave me a gentle kiss on my cheek. Then he went to gather up his things and I went to get our jackets from the hall closet. I was waiting for Shannon when he came back from MJ’s room and the bathroom to double checking to make sure he had everything he had come with. Along the way he had poked his head in to say good bye to Jake, and then we met at the top of the stairs. We put our jackets on and began our descent down the stairs to go out to his car. When we got outside he took my hand and we walked hand in hand to his car. He unlocked the car doors and placed his bag inside the rear seat and shut the door. Then opened the front door and turned to me with a lopsided grin.

“Thanks for letting me crash here last night and thank you for an amazing day yesterday. I can’t wait to see you again. It will be soon right?” And he was back at raising the eyebrow. What is it with these men and raising their damned eyebrows! Fuck it’s sexy as hell!

“I don’t know Shannon. I have work every day. I am sorry.”

“Ok, don’t say no, how about I send you the passes for all the shows and you just pick the ones you can come to. And maybe you could call or text me before you come so I can watch for you?”

“That sounds fair enough. I can do that.”

“Yes!” Fist pump! Then he glanced at his watch and frowned. “Shit, sweetheart, I really have to go, but there is something that I have been dying to do all morning, and I can’t leave without it.” He was now standing in front of me with me relaxing against his Land Rover, with his hands resting on my hips.

“Oh really, now what is that?” I asked, smiling up at him curious as to what he meant.

“Well, you see ever since you kissed me last night, I just can’t seem to get it out of my mind.”

“I’m sorry. It just happened. I have never done anything like that. Ughhh. “

“Sweetheart, all I am saying is that it was amazing and I have thought about nothing else other than kissing you again since.” At that point no more words were spoken and Shannon brought both his hands up to cup my face gently and brought his face down to mine until our lips met. He was in control of this kiss. I was totally ok with that. When our lips met we kissed softly at first, and then it deepened. But never became fierce. It stayed warm and full of passion and emotion, a deep emotion. Like I was falling down a deep hole and trying to pull myself back up before I drowned. It went on like that for a few minutes, our hands tangled in each other’s hair and on each other’s necks, backs, and holding on. When we finally pulled away from each other, I didn’t want to let him go. And I knew that was way too soon. I just couldn’t help it. I gazed into Shannon’s beautiful hazel eyes and smiled, and he smiled back.

“I really don’t want to leave you right now.” He said softly, as his hand stroked my cheek down my neck and back up. The man was killing me slowly.

“Yes, but you have too, so get that sexy ass of yours in the car so you can get to work.” I told him as I pushed him towards the driver’s seat of his car.

“Ok, OK!” He climbed in and buckled up then closing his car door after him. Then as soon as the car started he rolled down his window and gestured me over with his finger. “Wait, did you just say that I have a sexy ass?” Shannon chuckled.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about ok! Now, you crazy ass muddafugga, you seriously need to get the fuck to practice right now.” I slowly started to step away from the car, in hopes that he would finally go to practice. Ok, that’s a bold faced lie.

“Mhmm, just one more thing, get back over here.” He said in a low voice.

I walked back over and stood in front of him outside the car as he leaned towards me through the open window. “What’s up” I asked.

“You are fucking sexy as hell. I just wanted you to know that.” He kissed my lips softly again for a little more than a brief moment, pulled away with a wink.

After the kiss, we smiled softly at one another and once more and I stepped back from the SUV and I heard him say something to the effect of see you later or talk to you later sweetheart. I couldn’t really tell over the engine of the car and the radio he had turned on at that point. Once he had turned the car around and was headed down the driveway in the correct direction, I stood and watched as he stuck his hand out the window blowing me a kiss as he turned onto the street to head out. I sent one back, but I doubt he saw it.

I began the walk into the apartment locking up after me, and decided to check the laundry that I had started this morning, then had been put into the dryer by Jake at some point. It was finished running so I decided to bring it up to MJ’s room and re-make the bed. After I took care of that chore, I went into my room and was going to go strip my sheets and make it a laundry day while I was at it when I noticed something lying slightly on my pillow and on my mattress along with Freddy my purple elephant. When I left my room this morning, I hadn’t placed anything on my bed, though I had a pretty good idea of who it had been. There was a white envelope and a long stemmed rose, but it was a dark purple one. The only purple roses I knew of were from the rose garden outside in the back yard. It’s gorgeous, and being anxious to see what is in the envelope, I picked up the white envelope, and when I opened it 2 things fell out. One looked like a letter and the other was photograph. The photo was of Shannon and I from yesterday when we were leaving the amusement park together. It was one of the pictures that he had taken himself and he must have printed the picture up when I was working on dinner at his apartment last night. It was gorgeous and I loved it. I sat down on my bed to read what Shannon had left for me and took a breath before unfolding it, seeing that it was all handwritten then I read the first line…

Sweetheart-

I simply wanted to thank you for a wonderful day/evening yesterday and leave you with one of my favorite pictures of the two of us together at the park at sunset as we were leaving. I have a copy also that I now carry with me in my wallet and it’s also the background on my iPhone. I guess I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for giving me the most wonderful past few weeks. Since the first day I met you I knew you were different and I needed to get to know you. I have been so much happier, more complete, more me, when we are together than when we are apart. Granted we haven’t known each other that long, but I think we are both pretty great judges of character and from what I can see so far, I have found a woman who has been through way too much, she’s a fighter because she had no other choice, but she’s stronger for it, she’s smart, beautiful, talented, has great kids, that respect her and love her more than anyone else in the world. She loves her family more than anything. And her friends mean just as much. This chick is fucking funny as hell, and doesn’t put up with any shit, and I love that. I need someone to keep me in line for fucks sake! I am bound and determined to spend as much time as possible with her as she will allow, fingers crossed!! Please, please, please!!! She happens to be a great cook, I love her pancakes by the way, but I hate the thought of spending the day without her. Woman, you are making me only want to stay…

Your Crazy Muddafugga-

Shannon
♠ ♠ ♠
A long update for y'all! I am going to try and update a little more this week. Just been a lot going on lately. Hope you enjoy this one. Please let me know what you think. Comment and subscribe!!! I love you my beautiful and amazing readers! To those of you who comment, I love you and thank you so much!!!!!

<3
mysoul4jimmy