Status: In Progress

Set Fire to the Rain

Here Come's Trouble

Walking back in the direction of the platform, I was pulled up into a hug by Evan and then by Ryan before they took off in the direction of the stage, MJ and Julie were there waiting with sour looks on their faces. I took the steps slowly and glanced up spying Jack, Kym and Errik standing along the front of the platforms rail with pretty much the same expressions as MJ and Jules on their faces.

I slowly went over to stand next to Jack and he put his right arm around me pulling me closer asking me in a raised voice due to the fact that the show was still going on around us, “So, where the hell did you disappear too? Is everything ok?” My brother moved back from me slightly, I knew he was looking me over. I glanced up at the stage and saw Shannon looking in my direction. When our eyes met, he smiled, I smiled in return.

“Everything is fine Jack. I just got a bit turned around is all. Thankfully I ran into the boys downstairs and they helped me find my way back.” I said casting my eyes slightly downwards.

“Yeah, it’s a good thing we sent them out to make sure you were ok then.” Jack said in a frustrated tone. I honestly couldn’t tell if he believed me or not. I glanced at Errik and Kym, who were now watching the concert intently and seemed to be enjoying themselves. Two less people I needed to worry about thankfully. I took a second to look for the kids on stage and saw that they were now, all having a blast dancing and singing along with Jared and Tomo and the music they were playing. They were just being kids.

Trying to keep my nerves under control was the hardest part of the entire evening. During the entire show my attention was distracted and obviously on the lookout for any sign of David appearing in the crowd. I couldn’t help but scan the crowd looking for his face to be somewhere close by, checking over with Evan and Ryan constantly. They would give me a reassuring nod or smile, letting me know that they had been watching out for things. I needed to get a grip. It wasn’t an easy thing to do, with the crowd always moving and it being so dark. Every dark haired man with a similar haircut, I automatically jumped to the conclusion that it was him, but I was wrong and completely losing it. My head was starting to pound and I was trying very hard not to rub my temples. The darkened venue was a huge bonus for one thing and that was helping with hiding the bruises under the makeup I had applied in the bathroom downstairs. Jack, John and Scott had all started to look at me funny because I couldn’t stand still and wasn’t watching the end of the show, and chances were I wasn’t smiling, given I was really scared. So making a wholehearted effort I tried to stop watching the crowd and started to watch the stage and the man behind the drum kit. Once I started to let myself relax and focus on only him, my heart began beat in sync with Shannon’s playing. It always seemed to happen with him, around him, when I heard his playing live or recorded. Shannon makes me crazy, but the thing that scared me most, was that I wasn’t the only one that had noticed that. David saw the affect that Shannon has on me, how I feel about him, and now he’s out there in the wind just waiting to destroy the only man who has ever made me truly happy, and destroy me right along with him. I couldn’t go there, because I would start to cry and the makeup would run, then it would be all over, and everyone would find out about the horrible things that had happened. Deep breaths. Deciding I needed to watch Shannon, it wasn’t even a question of if I could watch him, I really needed to focus on him if I was going to make it through the rest of the night, and not fall into the fit of tears that threatened to break through every time I looked at the people around me. I felt myself smile, as Shannon threw hit after hit on his drums, his body bending and twisting, the muscles tensing and relaxing with the precision of the professional he is. He is beautiful to watch, and to be perfectly honest, he made me feel better…

When the guys received their award was probably the moment when I was most at ease. I was so proud of them and all that they had accomplished. They really are an inspiration to the people that look up to them. The things that Jared said to the crowd made me proud to know them as more than a band, as my friends. They are such good people, and won’t exploit this award for something it shouldn’t be. If I didn’t already think that Jared was a great guy, he had spotted two really young children in the crowd and invited them up onto the runway to talk to him and then join him on stage for ‘Kings and Queens’ along with their parents. He actually hunched down getting on their level, so they would be more comfortable and talked with these two adorable children. They are our future Echelon. It was precious hearing Jay talk in a little kid voice. My eyes crept over to Shannon during the exchange to see what his reaction to the whole thing was, and he had the biggest, brightest smile on his face. He glanced at me briefly smiling a childlike smile, and then he was getting up from his kit, making his way down the runway with Jared giving the kids a couple drumsticks then walked them to the main stage. After the kids and their parents were safely tucked away on the main stage, Shannon walked back over and around his kit to get ready for Kings & Queens. It was then, that Jared had a surprise guest show up, Bam Margera. He came out and said hi to Jay and the crowd and assisted in bringing people up for K&Q. My unease was still making me crazy and I had to get myself under control, especially before the end of the show and we met up with the guys. MJ would know right away that something is up, and I have no idea how long Evan is going to be able to keep this from her. Knowing that if she asked him directly if there was something going on, he wasn’t going to lie to her, I would be so screwed. Just get a fucking grip El, I kept repeating to myself.

The show ended on a huge high for the band, the crowd was insanely happy, people were already saying it was the best show the guys had ever done. Unfortunately for me, I had zoned out for the majority of it with the exception of the award part. I just couldn’t help it, and I felt awful for basically blocking out such a big night for Shannon.

Emma came over to the platform where everyone was hanging out just talking at the moment and she said that the guys had requested that we go to the room where I had been last night. I nodded to Emma in understanding, and she gave me a funny look. We all left the platform and began the walk to the holding room to begin the long wait for Shannon, Jared, and Tomo.

When we got to the room Emma opened the door and stepped aside letting everyone in, but touched my hand lightly asking if she could talk to me privately.

“What’s up Emma?” I said looking down at the floor, reaching a hand up to the end of my braid and began to play with the end of it nervously.

“Ok, spill it, what’s going on?” Hands on hips, tapping her left foot at me, she looked at me through her long blond hair.

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” I said softly.

“You are lying to me, and I know something is up. Shannon freaked out when he looked for you at the beginning of his solo for ‘L490’ and you were gone. Not only that, but you were gone for a long ass time Eliza.”

“Big deal, I went to the ladies room. It was crowded.” I just couldn’t look at her in the eyes.

“Eliza, you were missing for close to 4 songs. The bathrooms are never that crowded. Please talk to me. I can feel that something isn’t right. We are all really worried, especially Shannon.”

“Really everything is fine, the bathroom was crowded and I got lost on the way down and on the way back to the seats.” I turned away from Emma, because if I dared look at her, I just might break and tell her everything and she would tell Shannon. That would be really bad.

“I have been told that I am a great listener you know.” Emma said as I felt a small hand grasp my right arm just over where David had left a bruise. I hissed in pain, pulling my arm away out of reflex. Slowly looking back at Emma raising my eyes she said to me, “Shit, Eliza, what happened?”

“Nothing, I just walked into something in the garage this morning that’s all. It’s really nothing to be worried about.”

“I don’t believe you Eliza, please, talk to me. Should I get Shannon? Would you rather talk to him about this?” Emma pushed her hair behind her shoulders and gently grasped the ends of it in one hand.

“Why would I lie about something like that? Please don’t bother Shannon. Especially not on a night like tonight, this award is so special to the guys. The last thing they need is to be distracted by nonsense. Please, Emma, I’m begging you to let it go.” I asked as calmly as I could, when I was completely freaking out on the inside.

“As long as you are sure you are alright, and there isn’t something that we need to let Shannon know about. Then ok. I will let it go for now. I wasn’t trying to be nosy Eliza, it’s only because we really like you and genuinely care about you that I asked. Remember, I am always here if you need anything or want to talk, ok.” Coming over to me she wrapped her slender arms around my shoulders around me in a hug then let me go.

“I appreciate where you are coming from, I really do, but there is really nothing to tell you. Nothing happened. Listen, I need to go back to my family. Thanks for the offer to listen Emma, but there’s really nothing to say.” Turning around towards the room where my family was I started to walk in that direction, reaching the door I took a deep breathe calming my nerves and turned the knob, putting as big a smile on my face as I could. My stomach had started to form into knots at the thought of having to look Shannon and the rest of my family in the eye and lie to their faces, each and every one of them. I felt sick, nauseous, l literally wanted to get sick just from the thought of lying to all of them.

“Eliza, please.” Was the last thing I heard from Emma as the door shut behind me, not knowing if the girl calling after me believed the line of bullshit I had just fed her or not. I prayed that over the next couple days that she did, for everyone’s sakes.

Upon entering the room, MJ was on top of me like a fucking fly on shit, and thankfully Evan, Ryan, JT and Ari pulled her off into the opposite part of the room finding a guitar to strum on and began to sing and play among the group of them. They sounded amazing together. I didn’t say too much, just listening and watching. Jack thought it was nerves because Shannon would be stopping in later on, that’s fine by me.

Shannon and Tomo did stop in briefly to say hello in between the award photos being taken after the show and the meet and greet. They couldn’t stay too long under the circumstances, but wanted to make sure that they had at least come in to say hello to all of us.

“So what did you muddafuggaz think huh?” Shannon asked as he walked quietly over to my side, then playfully hip checked me when he got there.

“The show was fucking killer man!” JT shouted from the corner of the room.

“It was fucking amazing! One of the best shows ever! Oh my god, Tomo you are fucking insane and Shannon you’re a fucking machine on the drums holy shit!! Then Jared, holy fuck! He never stands still! And his voice is just, makes me melt!” MJ rambled on and on throwing her arms around in the air while she was trying to describe what she had experienced. She was very impressed with all of them.

“Babe, I thought I made you melt?” Evan asked batting his long eyelashes at her.

“Awwe, baby you do. But this was different. You have crazy mad skills and are fucking amazing. No one plays the bass better than you do.” She said to him, placing a hand gently upon his cheek and kissed him tenderly on the lips. They were adorable. He smiled a dopy smile when MJ said that about his playing, that’s for sure.

“Well, I am happy everyone enjoyed themselves.” Shannon said with a smile.

“No shit Sherlock, obviously they had fun tonight. They were at one of our shows after all!” Tomo scoffed. As he went around talking to my family taking goofy pictures with them when they asked, because they couldn’t get enough of Tomo, and he signed things that they wanted to have signed with no complaints ever. No I had no real control over them. Tomo was always so gracious with people. Hearing the door creak I looked in that direction, noticing at that moment, trouble had just walked into the room…
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, an Update! Sorry they have been slow in coming. Life has been nothing short of crazed, then Mibba had major issues. I wanted to make sure that things were good before posting a new chapter and losing it. Anyway, I hope you enjoy. As always, I love y'all, thank you for reading! Remember to Subscribe and Comment please!!! I love to hear what your thoughts are!!! :)

<3
mysoul4jimmy