Status: In Progress

Set Fire to the Rain

Gathering Intel

Jack’s POV

Since the moment I had received Eliza’s frantic phone call in the early hours of Saturday morning, I had been following this case tirelessly to make sure that the lead detective was doing everything correctly, following every lead, and asking all necessary questions. The fact that I am related to Eliza, is a conflict of interest in the eyes of the law, and thus I am not permitted to act as lead or as any part of the team on this case. It thoroughly pissed me off, but I’m not about to jeopardize any part of this, especially if it means we could finally rid ourselves of David Richards for good. The prick deserved more than being put in jail, for all the shit he had put Eliza and the kids through, but if we could at least get him out of their lives that way, then I will do whatever is necessary, to get it done. The Detective that is heading the investigation is a good friend of mine and one of the top detectives on the force. If I had to choose anyone, I would have picked Aaron Brookes. So I am happy about this. There was a great group of people working on El’s case, and I know I can relax a little bit knowing this. Aaron is allowing me to follow the case and also to listen in on questionings and go investigate scenes if necessary as long as I keep my distance and didn’t interfere, then we are cool. I just want to be able to keep an eye on things, and be informed on what the latest was with the case.

As of right now here is what the investigation is showing. Aaron and I talked with Liz and the others that were at the scene of the accident that night. Aaron was able to find out from Eliza the exact time line of events that night, and of course I was not so happy about that. But there was nothing I could do about it now. Anyway, I knew that she had gone into the city via the train and had come home the same way going to her car and sensing that she was being watched. When she was driving on Dartmoor Road is when everything went south. It was near 1am when I had received her call. We were working on getting the surveillance tapes from the train station to see if there was any sign of the dark colored 4 door sedan that El had described to us. It wasn’t much, but it was better than nothing. Liz had said that she saw a car matching a similar description, with a male driver heading down the road in the opposite direction she was. She said she had found it odd, because one side of his car was pretty badly damaged and the front lights were barely working. Liz remembered thinking that maybe he had been in an accident. She didn’t think to do anything about it until she saw El’s car off in the ditch slammed into the trees. Once the paramedics had arrived and she was able to step back and let them do their job, Liz had assessed the shape of Eliza’s car, and began to notice that not only was the whole rear of her car totaled, but the left side of her car was also. The fire/rescue team had to remove the driver’s side door with the JAWS of Life because the car was slammed up into a section of trees in the front and on the right and the driver’s door was sealed shut from the damage. Then she remembered the car that had driven past her earlier and thought there may be a connection there. How much of one, she wasn’t sure. Either way you look at it, it wasn’t good. Eliza was extremely lucky to be alive, and lucky that her injuries were not worse than they were.

My first thought of course, was that David was responsible. Though, the description of the car was all wrong for him. David drove a very nice, 2-door Jaguar and a white Mercedes SUV. They could in no way be confused with a 4 door sedan. So if he was responsible, it wasn’t done with either of his cars. After Aaron and I left the scene we drove to David’s house to ask a few questions, and while we were there we peaked in the garage to see if his cars were there. Only one, the Mercedes, was in the garage. He was not home. We had left a message asking him to stop by the precinct to answer a few questions for the case, and his lawyer had called back the next day, saying that he was away on business, and would be happy to stop by when he returned. David still had not shown up or called to schedule a time to come in. We were becoming very impatient and will be making our own appointment if he doesn’t do so soon. Things are starting to slow down with leads and we are all becoming frustrated. Eliza’s car is being picked apart, inch by inch. We are chasing down every witness, but David is the hold out. Aaron is also antsy to get his hands on the surveillance tapes from the train station to see what they show us. They could be the Holy Grail. Who knows? Eliza and my gut are telling me that David is responsible, the problem is proving it. He is going to fuck up eventually, and when he does, I will be there to nail his ass to the fucking wall. I promise you that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! New chapter! Yes, I know it's a bit of a filler chapter, but it's necessary information. I had to do this so that there wouldnt be a gap as far as questions if there was actually an investigation happening and who/what was happening there. So I figured I would do it that way. I will try to update again tonight. Love to all my readers! thank you for staying with me. Share, recommend, comment, and tell your friends!! Love y'all so much!

mysoul4jimmy
(Stacey)