Status: In Progress

Set Fire to the Rain

Need You Now

Shannon's POV

I had was hanging out on my couch in my apartment, after a very long few days. Ever since the accident, I have spent every day commuting to the hospital in NJ where Eliza was staying, and hanging out on the 3rd floor in their waiting area alone. Her room was on the 4th floor so there was no chance of us running into eacb other if I stayed there. Jared thought it odd that I make the trip all the way down only to sit there by myself in the hospital, but I needed to be near her if only for a little while. Then I would make the trip home to meet up with Jared and we would work for hours on end on the plan to win El back. When we finished, I would kick him out and crash. I am still pretty sore with my brother over this whole thing and not being able to see the woman I love when she really needs me is starting to take its toll on me. So today after I left the hospital, I went to the studio where I keep my drums. The people in my apartment building are great but hearing drums at all hours of the day and night starts to get old real fast. I rent a space not to far away, where I can play and record if I feel so inclined. Its been a few days since I have been behind the kit and played, and it felt great to just sit and let all the frustration and aggravation go, that I had pent up since the start of Jareds brilliant plan. It felt amazing. Right now I was dead tired and listening to my music and looking forward to a quiet evening alone and going to bed early. Especially considering I had no plans to meet with Jay and go over said plan.

"Knock, knock, knock." You have got to be fucking kidding me, right now. Who the hell could that be? I thought to myself as I slowly stood up and began to walk to the entry door. I stood there running my right hand through my short hair.

"Who is it?" I grumbled.

"It's your amazing brother. Now open the door dumb ass."

I flipped the locks and slid the security chain from its housing, then opened the door and stepped aside to allow Jared inside with a wave of my hand. "Hello brother. To what do I owe the pleasure?" Closing the door and relocking it behind him. Then I turned and walked into the living area and took my seat once again facing Jared with a sour expression on my face. I was honestly not in the mood for a visit from him.

"Wow. Someone is in a cranky mood. Whats up your ass?"

"Seriously? Are you really going to go there? Because I am not in the mood. I miss El, I want to be with her more than anything but because of a certain someone, I can't, I am worried sick about her with her psycho ex out there, I am really fucking tired and the list continues. Want me to continue?"

"Umm, no. It was a stupid comment ok. I'm sorry. I can't imagine how very hard this is for you right now. I did come by for a reason , and not to give you shit I promise."

"Ok. And what might that be?" I asked, suddenly feeling very tired.

"Well, I came straight from the hospital because I have news about Eliza."

"Oh crap. Is she ok? Is everything alright! ?" My stomach had fallen to the floor from fear of what may have happened to her. I looked at Jay with eager anticipation.

"Actually, it's the opposite. They said she can go home Shannon. She is going home tomorrow morning. Jack is going to be staying with her and JT for a little while to help out. That was the deal. And Jack being Jack, he agreed. She is thrilled. Its all good news man. Breath." Jared chuckled slightly.

"Oh thank god. Jared, thank you. You didn't need to come by and tell me in person. But it means so much to me that you did."

"Listen, I know you have been going crazy over this. And its mostly my fault. So it was the least I could do. She really misses you Shann."

"Has she asked about me at all?" Call it sick, twisted curiosity, but part of me needed to know.

"No, nothing that obvious. Its more that she goes to and will stop herself. You just know. Oh! And I met a girl tonight."

"I guess that's better than nothing right? What do you mean you met a girl?"

So Jared and I settled in for a nice conversation over the next hour or two talking about Zoe and El and just enjoying our time together. He asked me what I thought he should do as a next step with Zoe and I gave him a few ideas. This was tbe first time he had done this in a while. I think he likes her. I guess we will see. Jay left not long after and I went to sleep feel better knowing that Eliza will be going home in tbe morning with Jack. Home. I only wish I could be there to welcome her.

________________________________________________________________

David's POV

Parked outside the hospital in a car that doesn't belong to me, I sat and thought over the past weeks events. All my puzzle pieces were falling perfectly into place. With the exception of the drummer and his brother. They were becoming an issue. Though, if I know Lizzy, oh I know Lizzy very well, they won't be a problem for too much longer. Jack. Jack was a thorn in my side. The detectives were busy waiting for me to come back from my supposed business trip somewhere. Idiots. Oh yes, I am working on very important business, but I am much closer than they all realize. Lizzy be patient my love, you and I will be together again much sooner than you think. Never fear, I'm always watching.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay an update! Sorry it took a little while. But my laptop crashed and I lost this chapter and tbe next one. So I had to re-write it. I hope you enjoy. Please comment , subscribe and recommend! I love to hear what u think! Love you all my amazing readers!

<3
mysoul4jimmy
Stacey