Status: In Progress

Set Fire to the Rain

New York

"Shannon, I... I can't imagine not being with you. It's going to suck being away from you for so long. Really fucking suck. I hate that I won't be able to see you at a moments notice."

"Sweetheart, I know. I feel the same way. But like I said, I will do whatever it takes to make this work. You are my heart Eliza."

Oh my... "Come on, we have an appointment to get to babe." Picking up my bag once again, he grabbed his leather jacket and mine from the hall closet then helped me slip it over my shoulders kissing my cheek when he was finished. Once he had his jacket on and had his phone and keys in hand we went downstairs and out to his waiting car.

It was a gorgeous spring Sunday afternoon outside. The sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud to be seen. There was still a slight chill in the air, but this was my favorite time of year. It was now the third week in April, and time seemed to have flown by. As Shannon drove, I watched the city go by, and a thought came to mind. Something that had been plaguing me since Shan had shown up last night in the Karaoke Bar.

"Can I ask you something?"

Squeezing my hand in encouragement, he said, "Sure, anything."

"When did you get to the bar last night? I meant to ask, but I was so overwhelmed I forgot."

Shannon chuckled, glancing at me quickly, "I was actually there well before you arrived. We thought it best that way, so there would be no chance of you and I running into each other before my big performance and ruining the surprise."

"So, you were there the whole time?"

"Mmhmm." Wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Sneaky fugga." I said joking with him and squeezing his hand in return.

"Sweetheart, you have no idea."

"Oh boy... When did you decide to come out and watch, and where were you hiding anyway?"

"I was hanging in the back office for most of it, listening to everyone sing. Your son has quite a voice on him, by the way. Anyway, then when Jared went on stage with Mags, the owner came back and told me. That was the sign for me to come out and watch. We all figured that between Jay and the kids, they would be able to convince you to go up and sing something. I had already found a nice dark corner to hide in, so I figured I would be safe there. I never expected you to sing something for me. Not after the things I had said and done to you. When you said those things to me, even though I wasn't there to you, I lost all control of what I was doing. My legs started moving on their own, I couldn't stay away from you anymore. It was like I was being drawn to you."

"I knew it was you, the second I noticed you in the shadows."

"There was no light there, how could you possibly have known."

"I looked up, saw you, and I just.....I just knew. I felt it." I whispered.

"You felt it too."

"Yes, I felt it too, I always do with you. That's the scary part. I have never felt that before."

"Well, I have news for you sweetheart, neither have I."

We chatted for a few more minutes before pulling into a parking spot somewhere in the city, I wasn't sure where we were, because I had honestly stopped paying attention when Shannon and I had started talking. A few stores down, was a non-descript store front that had a brightly lit 'Tattoo' sign in the window. Shannon walked around to help me out of the car and we made our way inside to meet the man who would be giving me my tattoo. I was introduced to Lou, and we talked about exactly what I wanted. I showed him a picture of the main part of the tattoo and described the other pieces of it. He began sketching out my ideas on a pad as I talked. Seeing the idea transferred onto paper was really cool to watch. The man was a truly gifted artist, and I could see why Shannon had used him in the past. Looking at Shannon as my idea came to life, I smiled and he grinned widely at me.

"So, what do you think?"

"First of all, it's your tattoo, and its your decision. So whatever it is you want, I am all for it. Second, I think it's really fucking cool." Leaning in, he kissed me sweetly.

"Good." I smiled back.

Lou showed me the finished sketch, I gave the final ok on it and he went to make the transfer. When he was ready, we were shown to the back and I took my position laying nervously and waiting for the first touch of the needle. Shannon took my hand in his and we started talking. He was great at keeping me distracted, and time went by faster than I realized. Before I knew it my tattoo was finished. It was everything I wanted. Looking at the mirror, I couldn't help an enormous grin from spreading across my face.

"What do you think?" I asked Shannon.

"It's beautiful. I love it. The question is what do you think?"

"I fucking love it! It's absolutely perfect. Thank you so much Lou. Really."

"Anytime Eliza. Any friend of the Shanimal here, is a friend of mine. So if you ever decide you want another piece done, all you have to do is call. I will get you in whenever you want. It's been a pleasure." He said taking my hand and kissed the top of it.

"Hey, fucker! Watch it, that's my girlfriend your kissing on there." Shannon joked, punching Lou in his arm.

"Hahahaha! Sorry man, no harm intended. Just being polite." Holding his hands up in defense.

"Yeah, well.... I still don't like it. Hey, I hate to cut and run, but we have reservations for lunch." Shannon insisted on paying for my tattoo, and Lou insisted on giving a very generous discount. Ugh, men.

"Understood. Listen, it was great seeing you again man. Take care of yourself and tell the guys hey for me."

"Will do. Thanks again for doing this last minute, I really appreciate it. Sorry for giving you shit before. She means the world to me, you know?"

"Um, yeah that's pretty obvious man. Take good care of her. She's a keeper."

"That she is. See you next time." They shook hands, and we hugged goodbye.

Back in the car we made our way across the city to a small Italian restaurant and had a nice quiet lunch together. After we ate, we got back in the car heading in a different direction from where we came. When I asked where we were going next, I was told it was a surprise. I recognized the area after a short drive and we parked in a small lot along the Hudson River. We were at one of the areas where there were trails for joggers, bikers and walkers to enjoy the open space and the incredible view. There were a few benches set away from the parking lot, and set back in the grass under the trees, overlooking the river. The view was exquisite. Taking a seat on one of the benches, Shannon wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into his side. Sitting in a comfortable silence for a little while, we just enjoyed being together.

He told me that this was one of his favorite places in the city. And he would come here to think if he needed to clear his head or just get away for a while. Sometimes he would ride his bike along the path here, it is a great ride according to him. I loved listening to him talk. I could do it all day. My head leaning on his shoulder, holding each others hands, I closed my eyes, totally and completely at ease and content. Happy.

"Excuse me, are you Shannon Leto?" I opened my eyes looking upon a young woman of about 19, looking from Shannon to me then at our hands; a frown passing quickly over her pretty features. I went to pull my hand from his, but he held fast and wouldn't let go, squeezing even tighter.

"I am, can I help you?"

"I am sorry to bother you, but could I get an autograph and maybe a picture? I am a huge fan of your band."

"Thank you. And sure, do you have a pen?"

Shannon got up and signed the girls arm, as requested, and took a picture with her cell phone. She hugged him and said thanks, then ran off squealing like a schoolgirl. It was adorable, because I knew exactly how she felt. I am crazy about this man. Difference is, that he is mine. For now anyway, until he leaves.

"Is it always like this for you?"

"Yeah, basically." He chuckled sitting back down and pulling me close again.

"Do you ever get annoyed with it, or wish you could have a normal life?"

"Hmm. More privacy sometimes would be nice. But would I change anything about my life? No. Because if I did, then I would never have met you. And I would never wish that. Not for anything."

"It's got to be hard on you sometimes though. I mean, to be hounded and to never have a moments peace like a normal joe. I can't imagine how that must be for you."

"I guess you just get used to it. You don't really have a choice ,doing what we do. And I love what I do. Quite honestly, I really do love the fans. If not for them we would be nothing. They make us who we are. So I look at doing these small things as a thank you."

"Part of why you have their pictures on your drums. And I love what you do. I wouldn't change a thing." I said, poking him in the ribs.

"Oh do you now?"

"Mmhmm. I happen to think you are amazing to watch, and one of the most talented drummers, artists out there. Oh, and not to mention your photography. You are really a very talented, amazing, beautiful, sexy, wonderful, funny and an incredible boyfriend." Looking deep into his eyes, he inched closer and I closed the distance between us touching his warm, full lips to mine, then we began to have a very lovely make out session sitting beside the river. When we finished kissing, I pulled away and said, "You know what I would love?"

"Hmm?" Running a hand along my jaw then my neck and into my hair he continued to play with the ends of my hair.

"I would love for you to take a couple of pictures of us here by the river. It's so beautiful, and its one of your favorite places. I want a picture to remember this amazing day together, before you..."

"Shhh. Lets not talk about that yet. We still have a little time before that needs to happen. I am not ready to go there yet. Ok? It's bad enough that we need to start making our way back to your place. And to answer your question, yes, I think a taking a picture is the perfect idea."

Grabbing his phone from his pocket, he stood up and helped me stand, then we made our way to the railing by the water. He took a a bunch of beautiful pictures and sent them to me right away. Sadly, after that, we went back to the car and made our way out of NY, and back into NJ towards my house. I texted Jack and the rest of the crew to let them know I was great, and I was on my way back home. It was late afternoon, around 4:00, so we should be back home by 5/5:30. Fingers laced together, watching Shannon as he drove, I sat thinking about how incredibly lucky I had been the day this man walked into my life. I must have fallen asleep for the last half hour, because the next thing I knew everything went dark.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Update! Hope you enjoy. Love to all my readers!!

<3
mysoul4jimmy