Status: In Progress

Set Fire to the Rain

The Best Part of Me

The night had been long, but never the less fun. No, the male revue had not been my cup of tea, so to speak; but going out with the girls afterwards for drinks and dancing was actually, exactly what I needed. I tried to keep my drinking to a minimum, hahahahaha! Tried being the key word there, especially since Kym was in charge of this whole night. At least I was only slightly buzzed at the end of the night. It was nearing 2am, when we had finished at the last bar. Kym didn't want to be out too late, because we all had to be up early the next day to get ready for the wedding. So, we were making our way around the city, dropping her friends off at their apartments. Kym leaned forward to whisper something to the driver of the limo and he nodded in acknowledgement. We started moving through the city, and I felt my eyes close, I was exhausted.

At some point, I felt my shoulder being nudged, and I came awake slowly. "I'm sorry El, but we are here. You need to get up." Kym said. I took a look around, and saw most of the girls were sleeping and only a few were still awake, making no move to get out of the limo. I was very confused. My face must have conveyed my thoughts, because Kym answered before I could ask. "You aren't staying with me tonight. I have a little surprise for you." And she pointed out the window.

We were parked outside of Shannon's apartment building. "What? Why? And how did you know where he lives?" My mouth hung open.

" I have my ways. Now lets get you inside to your sexy boyfriend."

"But my things are at your place. And I'm supposed to stay with all of you tonight. It doesn't feel right. Kym, I can't do this."

"Get out now, before I start screaming bloody murder." She started tapping her foot and crossed her arms. I was not going to win this fight, and I was too tired to argue. So I slid over to the door and climbed out of the limo with the assistance of Brian the limo driver. He tipped his head and after helping Kym out of the car he walked around to the back and grabbed my bag from the trunk, walking into the lobby of the apartment building. Kym stood beside me at the door, and we walked inside together.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked her, and Kym nodded with a huge smile.

"Good evening Ms. Cahrter. Should I buzz him to let him know you are here?" One of the men behind the reception desk asked. I remember meeting him on a few occasions, when I had come in to visit Shannon.

Before I could answer, Kym spoke, "Yes, you should right now. And may I please speak with Mr. Leto before you hang up?"

"Certainly, ma'am." He nodded politely.

"Good evening, sir. Yes, we have Ms. Cahrter here in the lobby for you. But someone would like to speak with you. Yes sir." He then handed the phone over to Kym.

"Hey there sexy drummer man. It's the crazy bride from hell. Yeah, listen. I've brought you a little present for the night. I'm leaving her down here in the lobby. Don't you keep her waiting, got it! I will hunt you down and hurt your fine ass if you do. Alrighty, gotta jam. My girls are all passed out in the limo outside. It's going to take me forever, to get them into my apartment. Fucking lightweights! See you tomorrow night." And she handed the phone back to the gaping bellman. He put the phone to his ear, listened a moment, but hung it up. Shannon must already be on his way down.

Kym hugged me tightly and kissed me on the cheek. "I love you so fucking much, Eliza Cahrter. Now go spend the night with the man you love, and tell him how you feel. Remember what we talked about tonight. It could all be over in a heartbeat, and he would never know. That would be a tragedy. You know that better than anyone. I will see you in the morning." Leaning in closer to whisper in my ear, she said,"And for the love of god, fuck him already." Then she was running out the lobby door and climbing into the limo. I stood there dumbfounded. I hadn't been able to say a single word to her.

I thought over what she had said to me. There had been a time tonight when we were all sitting around talking about what if's. A sort of truth or dare without the dare part. The question had been, if you had only one opportunity to tell someone you cared about them, would you? Kym had asked it of course, and I knew why. So we all had to give an answer, I wasn't sure and said as much. It ended up being a huge discussion.

The elevator doors opened, and Shannon stepped out wearing basketball shorts, a Pink Floyd t-shirt and slippers. He looked really fucking hot. I wanted to devour him on the spot. The smile that spread across his face when he saw me, I know reflected my own. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug.

"This is the best surprise I've ever had. Remind me to do something extra nice for Kym when she gets back from her honeymoon." He pulled back giving me a kiss. Then looking out the front, he made a face. "A bright pink, stretch limo? Really?" As we watched the limo pulled away from the curb.

"This is Kym we are talking about remember." I laughed.

Shannon picked up my black duffle bag, and hefted it over his shoulder as we said goodnight to the guys behind the desk and pressed the button for the elevator. We stepped on and I pressed the button for his floor, then turned to look at him.

"Did we wake you?"

"Nope. I was sitting up working on some new music, and hanging out waiting to hear from you." He said smiling.

"Would you rather I stay at Kyms, because I can call a taxi and go back to her place."

He stepped closer to me, pushing me up against the wall of the elevator,"Don't you dare." Then Shannon leaned in and kissed me, nipping at my bottom lip, and making me moan.

The elevator dinged telling us we had arrived at his floor. Shannon stepped back and waved his arm to allow me off first. I walked towards his apartment and waited for him to unlock the door. We made our way in, and he brought my bag to his room. I was tired and honestly I wanted to change and crash, only because tomorrow was going to be a really long day. But then the thought of being in Shannon's bed, feeling him laying next to me and having been away from him for so long, began to consume my thoughts. That and the fact that he will be leaving me again on Monday morning. Oh boy...

"So, sweetheart, what is it, you would like to do now that you are here?" He was joking with me, but with the alcohol still in my system, and being in the same room as Shannon was making me think all sorts of inappropriate things. My resistance was at an all time low, and it had been cracking under normal circumstances, so maybe Kym was right. The thought of finally sleeping with Shannon became overwhelmingly appealing to me.

I stepped towards him and I looked up into his eyes. My right hand reached up to cup his cheek and trace a gentle line down his jaw to his neck,while my other hand reached around his waist and pulled him close to me. He reached his hands around my waist and pulled me to him. "You have no idea how much I care about you Shannon Leto." I said kissing him softly and pulling back.

He looked at me and said "Then why don't you tell me sweetheart."

"Because, I'm terrified that if I do, you will run for the hills and I will lose you forever." Looking down at the floor, I couldn't bare to look at the response on his face.

"Baby, I promise you I am not going anywhere. No matter what, you are stuck with my sorry ass." He lifted my chin to look him in the eyes once again.

"That's not a promise anyone can make, Shan. Are you sure you really want to know?"

"I am. Come on let's go sit down and talk." Taking my hand in his, Shannon led me into the living room and to the couch, sitting down facing me with his arm draped over the top of the couch, waiting patiently for me to start talking.

Taking a deep breath I looked up at the man I love. "The day you walked into my office, not only did you change my life but you saved my life. I haven't been the same since then. I've been a better person, a better friend, sister and a better mom. I'm happy for the first time in my adult life. And that is no small feat. You have shown me what it's like to have fun again, that its ok to live life and enjoy things, and to be myself. I never thought it would be possible again, I didn't want it. Not after all I have been through. You chipped away at the wall I built around my heart. No matter what I did to stop you, you fucking kept at it and broke it down, exposing me. You are the best part of me , Shannon." I was crying softly now, with tears falling slowly down my cheeks and Shannon gently wiped away each one. With a soft smile on his full lips. "Shannon Leto, I am totally and completely in love with you. And if you don" I was cut off with a hot searing kiss. His mouth was devouring mine, our tongues were engaged in a beautifully coriagraphed dance. The scruff of his short beard rubbing against my face. I moaned as he kissed me. His hands were in my hair, then moving to my back, pulling me close. I had my arms wrapped around his back and was holding on for dear life.

We pulled back briefly for air,"I love you so much Eliza Cahrter."

I was stunned. "You, what?" This was definitely not the response I expected from him.

"I. Love. You. Eliza. I have been since the first day we met." He said kissing me between each word.

"You love me? Me???"

"Yes, you. Only you, sweetheart. I have never been happier and never wanted to be with someone more, than I do you. Why do you seem so shocked by the fact that I love you?"

"Because! Ugh. I'm just, well, me. And you're you!"

"I thought we got past this self doubt thing, you have going on baby."

"It's not as bad, but apparently it's still there. I'm sorry."

"So it's ok for you to be in love with me, but I can't be in love with you. Is that what you are saying?"

"No. It's just sometimes very hard for me to believe that this is all real. And it's all happening so fast, I never expected to fall in love with you. I tried to fight it, but you are well, you. Crazy, amazing, sexy as hell, and mine."

"Yes I am. And I don't want you to fight it. Just feel it Eliza. We both deserve to be happy for a change, don't you think? All I want, is to be happy and crazy in love with you." He said leaning in and running a hand along my jaw that sent a thrill through me.

Leaning in to each other, our lips touched and I was on fire. His hands went to the back of my head and pulled me closer to him, tugging on my hair. I started to kiss my way along the edge of his mouth, along his jaw line then to his ear and bit at his earlobe. Shannon moaned deep in his throat when I did, and tugged at my hair again, then moved his other hand to one of my breasts and began to knead it mercilessly. I started to kiss down his his neck, and sucked gently at his skin, then I kissed him with soft open mouth kisses down along his collar bone. I grabbed at his shirt and began to pull it over his head. I wanted him so badly, it was driving me crazy. Shannon lifted his arms and I tossed his shirt to the floor then my hands went to feeling the hard planes of his chest.

"Holy shit, El." He groaned.

"You are so beautiful Shannon."

Suddenly he was pulling my shirt over my my head and tossing it to the floor. He began to torture me by kissing me along my neck and collar bone and running his hands all over my skin. We couldn't keep our hands off of each other. He leaned in to kiss me again in a passionate kiss. Showing me all that he felt at that very moment. It was breathtaking. I was literally on fire. I reached down to the waistband of his shorts. But I was shocked when he grabbed my wrists, pulling them away.

"Wait." Shannon said, breathlessly.

"What? What did I do wrong?" I was panting with need and desire for this man, and now I was completely confused.

"Sweetheart, you didn't do anything wrong. But I think we should slow things way down, before it goes too far."

"But what if I want it to go too far?" He chuckled at me. "Don't laugh at me, ass."

"I'm not. I just think you are really fucking adorable. El, I know you've been drinking tonight , I can taste the alcohol, so I don't want anything to happen that you might regret in the morning. I would rather wait until we are both sober and in our right minds when this happens between us. Because it will happen. But most importantly, I want it to be special. We've waited so long already for the right moment, I just don't think this is it." He said softly, caressing my hand slowly.

"I'm sorry. It's just kind of hard to stay in control around you." I said trying to slow my racing heart.

"Believe me, I completely understand the problem." We sat across from one another just breathing slowly, trying to calm down. He bent down and picked up our shirts from the floor and handed mine over to me. I took it, suddenly feeling embarrassed and very exposed, blushing profusely.

"Actually, El, would you want to wear my t-shirt to bed tonight?"

"Yes, I'd love too. thank you." Taking it from his offered hand , smiling and feeling the blush getting worse for some reason. I pulled the shirt closer to my body, then decided to just put it on. That way I would be surrounded by him.

I slipped his shirt over my head and put my arms through the arm holes. I inhaled his scent as it passed over my face. God, he smelled divine. "I'm really tired all of a sudden, and I have to be up early in the morning. hat do you say we go to sleep?" A yawn escaping me.

"I think that's a great idea. If you promise to behave yourself." Shannon winked at me and smirked.

"Heeeey! I will be a good a good girl, I promise!" I poked at his arm.

"Come on sweetheart, lets hit the sack." He stood up and reached for my hands and helped me stand.

We made our way to his room hand in hand, and I went into the bathroom to get changed and freshen up. I left his shirt on but removed my bra, and put on a pair of pajama shorts, and brushed my hair back into a pony tail. When I was finished, I walked into his bedroom and found him changed into a different pair of shorts and no shirt, laying in his bed, with the covers pulled back for me on the same side I had slept in before. I walked over and climbed in beside him. I pulled the covers over me and snuggled in with my back facing Shannon, as he came up behind me and wrapped his arm around me pulling me close. His face was settled into the crook of my neck and I could feel his warm breath on my skin. I draped my arm over his and laced my fingers with his own. He sighed in contentment.

"Goodnight baby. I love you. You know, it feels great, to finally be able to say that to you." He whispered into my neck.

"Yeah, it really does. Goodnight, love of my life." Saying it, and meaning it.

He lifted up on an elbow and looked down at me, and leaned in to kiss me, then he lay back down, pulling me tight against his chest once more. After a short while his breathing became slow and even, so I knew he had fallen asleep. I went to move, but Shannon groaned and only pulled me tighter against him. Admittedly, that made me grin like a fool. Not long after Shannon drifted off, my eyelids became heavy and I fell asleep completely and totally at peace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Update! Please, please! Tell me what y'all think so far! Sending some love to my wonderful and amazing readers. Thank you for staying with me this last year. Means more than you could ever know. I truly hope you are enjoying the story as much as I'm enjoying writing it for you. Love you all! Comment, recommend, subscribe.

<3
mysoul4jimmy