Status: In Progress

Set Fire to the Rain

Marry Me

Chaotic doesn't come close to what the atmosphere in Kyms apartment was. Excitement, crazed, nerves, all of it rolled into one. Surprisingly, Kym was the one who was most at ease. Her mom, Rose, and the rest of the bridal party were all running around like a bunch of lunatics trying to get hair and makeup done before the photographer showed up. I was trying to help out as much as possible, and stay out of the way. I had slept amazingly well. With Shannon, I always do.

He was having a late breakfast with Mags and Evan this morning and had dropped me off on the way to meet them. We would meet up at the Loft where the wedding was being held later on. I couldn't wait to see him all dressed up in a suit and tie. He looks incredible in jeans and a t-shirt, the man could make a burlap sack look amazing.

I sat down in the living room with the hair stylist and he started to play around with my hair and he decided that with my long hair he wanted it in an up-do. It was swept back and crossed over in the back and pulled up underneath. In the center he attached a crystal pin. I don't know how he did it, but he managed to make my hair look almost layered. It was gorgeous. The makeup artist did a very natural look, but with enough color, so I wouldn't be washed out in the pictures. The dresses the bridesmaids were wearing, were beautiful. They were full length, fit and flare, strapless gowns, in a deep fuchsia. Kym had given us all matching jewelry to wear with the dresses. Nice simple pieces.

Kyms hair and make up were finished, and we had a little down time before the photographer showed up and things were underway, and we had to head out. I was sitting down drinking a water when Kym came and sat next to me. W hadn't had a chance to talk since last night, so it would be great to catch up and see how my friend was doing.

"So how is the bride to be doing?"

"Really fucking excited! I can't believe it's finally here and I am marrying the man of my dreams."

"I'm so very happy for you. I know the two of you are going to be really happy together."

"Thank you chica. I'm so happy you are here with me. But down to business. How did your night go? Did you..."

"Oh for fucks sake Kym! No! But we did talk."

"Oh come on, really! You just talked! Ughh, El." She whispered, shaking her head.

"It's not like I didn't want to, ok. It's just that we decided that it wasn't the right time. And I told him I love him." Dropping my head.

"Oh, my, god!! You did what!? And????"

"Annddd.... He told me he is in love with me too." I started to blush.

"Holy shit! I knew it! Didn't I tell you!? I'm so happy for you honey! You must be over the moon." She said throwing her arms around me.

"I've never been happier. Giving him a chance was the best decision I ever made."

Kyms mom came in and told us the photographer and limo had both arrived and we all went to finish getting our dresses and shoes on. The photos were taken and we piled into the limo making our way to The Midtown Loft and Terrace. Things were a whirlwind from the moment we dressed until we were at The Loft. Shannon had texted me earlier today and said...

S--had a great time with Mags and Evan this morning. But I missed you all day. I'm dressed and on my way to the wedding. I'll be watching for you. Save me a dance beautiful. I LOVE YOU!

E--been crazy busy here. I'll b watching for you too. Miss you like crazy. I'm saving you every dance baby. Oh, and I LOVE YOU MORE! Xoxoxo

When it was finally time for the ceremony, we were all lined up, just inside the door that led to the rooftop terrace overlooking Manhattan, with the most spectacular view of the Empire State Building imaginable. The sun was starting to set, and the scene was breathtaking. Kym looked incredible in her gown, with her hair pulled back into an beautiful half up, half down style, that suited her perfectly.

I scanned the guests, trying to find Shannon from inside while we were waiting for the guys to get ready outside at the end of the aisle. They were running late. I found that funny. Finally finding him, I smiled and felt my heart rate go crazy, and my stomach do flip flops. He turned around briefly and scanned around toward the doorway through which we would be exiting. I wasn't at the door yet. I was peeking through a window along the side, and unless he knew where to look, Shannon wouldn't see me. There was a gorgeous blonde woman sitting next to him staring him up and down. And when Shannon turned back to face forward, she immediately started to smile and bat her lashes at him. My stomach dropped and all my self doubt started to creep back to the forefront of my mind. Then something happened as I watched Shannon turn and say something to her. The woman's smile fell and her shoulders slumped. Then she faced forward and didn't say another word. I'll have to find out about that later.

It was then that the men made their way to the end of the terrace along with the Officiant, to wait for all of us to make our way out and down the aisle. I went back to my place in line and waited. The music began to play, the doors were pulled open, and the procession began. When it was my turn, I stepped out and glanced around; smiling when I saw Shannon, our eyes connected and I couldn't look away. He looked perfect. There was a devilish look on his face and a gleam in his eyes. I liked it. Walking forward down the aisle, I held the bouquet of flowers in my hand and walked slowly but keeping pace with the music playing in the background; my heart fluttered with every flirtatious glance I made in Shannon's direction. I felt the blush creep up my neck and over my cheeks. As I reached the front, I took my place along with the 4 other bridesmaids, as we waited for Kym to make her grande entrance. Errik began to cry as Kym stepped out onto the terrace and began her walk down the aisle alongside her dad, crying softly behind her veil. I looked up at Shannon once again. Even among a small crowd of people in the setting sun, he managed to stand out, above all others. Tonight he was wearing a black 3 piece suite, a bright blue shirt and thin black tie. He looked amazing.

The ceremony was beautiful. It was kept on the shorter side, but not so short that you wondered where it went. The Officiant was a female, and she was wonderful. There were both laughter and tears when Errik and Kym exchanged their vows. They had decided to write their own, and from the first sentence Errik spoke about how they had met and how he had known she was the one, he had started to cry like a baby; and just didn't care. Kym wiped his tears and cried with him. While they exchanged their vows, Shannon and I exchanged knowing looks. Lord, how I loved this man. I caught a glimpse of the woman next to him, as she tried yet again, to make a move on him, and I just tried to ignore it. I was only focused on his beautiful face. The ceremony ended as the sun set behind them, with the Empire State Building shining in the background. It had been perfect, as we all made our way back down the isle towards the evenings festivities. As I passed Shannon standing at the end of the row, he reached out to take my hand very briefly and winked. I winked and smiled back, continuing on my way, with the groomsman I had been paired with. Russell was his name. He was very polite, and a nice enough guy. He was there with his girlfriend, who was a very sweet girl. We got along nicely.

After the formal introductions were made, of the new Mr. and Mrs., and the first dance was taken care of, the party was officially in full swing. The Loft itself, wasn't a large place, but it was beautiful, and the food was to die for. Kym and Errik had hired a fantastic DJ for the night, gotten a photo booth and they had ordered an amazing wedding cake. They were both huge Tim Burton fans, and decided to go in a completely different direction on this, and do a Tim Burton themed cake. On it, there would be his most famous characters, in 3D form. Each tier would be made in bright, bold colors. Then Kym and Errik chose Sally and Jack from Nightmare Before Christmas, to be the bride and groom, and they would sit on top of the cake itself. The cake had turned out beautifully. It was going to be a travesty to eat this work of art. Then there was the music. The DJ was great, and spinning killer music. Shannon and I had been dancing all night long, never being more than a foot away from each other, except for bridesmaids duties or pictures. Even then, he was never far from where I was. Errik and Kym were beyond happy and having the time of their lives. That was all that mattered, at the end of the day.

It was close to 5 hours later, and things were winding down finally. Shannon and I were slow dancing to Nora Jones' Come Away With Me, when he said, "Have I told you how stunning you look tonight? I haven't been able to keep my eyes off of you."

I began to blush. "Yes, you have. Flatterer." I joked holding him close and kissing him softly, running my hand through his short hair. "And have I told you, how incredibly sexy you look tonight? I can't stop looking at you, my love. Just like miss busty blonde."

"I'm sorry, who?" He said, bewildered.

"The blonde that was hitting on you before, and after the ceremony. Oh, and if I'm not mistaken when I had to help Kym in the bathroom too."

"Oh, her!" He chuckled.

"Um yeah. She was ready to tear your clothes off and go at it right there." I groaned.

"Are you jealous, sweetheart?"

"Maybe. Ok, yes. I can't help it. Look at her. She's beautiful." I nodded in her general direction.

"You are exquisite El. She's nowhere near, being in your league. Besides, I told her I wasn't interested. That I have a serious girlfriend, I'm very much in love with her, and not to bother."

"You didn't!"

"Oh, but I did. Twice actually, when she didn't seem to get the hint the first time around. Then I laughed at her the third time."

"I can't believe you did that. And at a wedding. I love you."

"Hahahahaha! Well, why wouldn't I. It's the truth. And, I would say it if I were in a public library, or in a Buddhist Temple. I don't care where I get to say it, as long as I do. You are mine, and I'm damned proud of that. I am in love you woman. "

"First of all, I don't think you would have any issues in a Buddhist Temple, so no worries there. But I appreciate what you are trying to say, because I feel the same way about you. I am yours, and you are mine. And I am so very much in love with you."

I leaned into him, inhaling his scent and feeling the hardness of his body under mine. Holding him tightly as we swayed to the music together. Leaning our foreheads together I leaned a bit closer to kiss his lips. Running my hand through his hair and down along his neck then tracing his triad tattoo with my finger absently, I gazed into his hazel eyes. "So, when is it ok for us to get out of here, and head home?"He asked, gruffly.

Shannon's hand was tracing slow circles on the exposed skin of my back, and it was sending shivers of pleasure everywhere. "It's pretty much over I think, seeing as there are only a handful of people left. I think we can say goodbye."

He was nuzzling my neck and giving me soft wet kisses along my shoulder. "Good. its time to leave, I think." He said.

Yep, it was definitely time to go. Oh boy. The song finished and we kissed each other slow and long as he cupped my face, my hands now on his chest clutching onto his shirt tightly, as if afraid we might be torn away from one another. Pulling back, we looked at each other and smiled slowly. Nothing needed to be said. He took my hand, our fingers intertwined, and we went to find our friends so we could wish them well and a very safe and enjoyable honeymoon. Then, we finally began to make our way home.
♠ ♠ ♠
An update! Wedding time for Kym. I hope y'all enjoyed. I'm adding links so you can see what things look like. It's my first attempt at this, so please be patient. :)

If you want to see what the venue looks like follow this link...

http://www.midtownloft.net/wedding-space.html
( The 3rd picture in, is what I see for the evening wedding overlooking the NY skyline.)

The bridesmaids dresses look like this, but in fusia...

http://www.goweddingdress.com/aline-strapless-floorlength-satinfaced-taffeta-beading-bridesmaid-dress-style-lz3041_s5513.html

Kyms wedding dress looks like this...

http://davidtuteraformoncheri.com/wedding-dresses/213251/?fc=

As always, thank you for reading and please let me know what you think. Love y'all!!

<3
mysoul4jimmy