Status: In Progress

Set Fire to the Rain

1000 Miles

David's POV

Things are very different between Lizzy and her fucking boyfriend. I know they have fucked. You can tell by the way they interact with one another. It's so blatantly obvious. When I saw her drop the bastard at the airport, it was in how they touched one another; the dynamic between them had changed. It was much more intimate. I was furious, and all I wanted to do was rip the prick limb from limb and tear his heart out. However, there was one thing I wanted more than that, and that was to have my beloved Lizzy back. My plan was being set into motion. She didn't know it yet, but she was going to be mine again, and I couldn't wait to have her in every way.

_________________________________________________

Eliza's POV

Two weeks had dragged by and felt like an eternity. Kym had finally come back from her honeymoon and I was thrilled to have my best friend back at work. But I was so excited to be going to California to see Shannon. We had also made plans to go see my friend , Craig Easton, while I was there. I really wanted Shannon and Craig to meet each other, I had a feeling they would get along famously. It was Saturday morning, the day I was leaving for California, and I was currently alone at home. Jake had been out at a friends since yesterday, MJ was in the city as far as I knew, and I had just finished packing my bag for my trip. I had already said goodbye to everyone, and was waiting for the car service to show up. I didn't think it was necessary, but Shannon had arranged it for me, and I gave in to make him happy. I was beyond excited about the trip out West. I couldn't wait to see Shannon and have him show me around the city that he called home. He was going to show me all the things that he loved about LA. I wanted to experience California through his eyes. One of the things I was really excited about doing, was taking a motorcycle trip up the coast. I've never been on a motorcycle before, and to do that with Shannon, in such a beautiful place, would be magical. I felt like a kid, I was that excited. We had so many plans. Shannon had also mentioned the possibility of introducing me to his mom and maybe some of his other family members. I had told him that I wanted to start slow, with his mom and we could go from there. Then we were going to take a short trip into Mexico, and we were going to go camping on the beach there. He knew of a secluded place that he frequently spent time on, and wanted to give me a taste of the area. Something else I've never experienced. I wanted to make love to him on that beach at night under the stars, and swim naked in the water with him at night. I smiled at the thought, and picked up my phone.

I decided to call him while I waited for the car. Dialing his number, I waited for him to pick up. "Well hello there beautiful. Is the car there yet?"

"No, I'm still waiting. My bags are packed and I had this overwhelming urge to hear your voice."

"You did, did you? Why is that?" I heard the chuckle in his voice.

"Hmmmm, I don't know. Maybe because I love you, and miss you like crazy. And waiting another 7 hours before I see you and hold you feels like a fucking eternity."

"I know, but you will be here before you know it, and it will be amazing. I can't wait."

"Me either. How is Jared doing?"

"He's good. He and Zoe are talking about a trying to get together soon. Jared mentioned maybe surprising her with a trip to India or something. So shhhh, it's a secret. I may make the trip out when he comes out to get her, what do you think of that?"

"I'd love that. And don't worry, I won't say a thing to her. You are terrible at keeping secrets aren't you?" I joked.

"I'd never keep anything from you, sweetheart." Shannon was totally serious, I realized.

"Not even a surprise for my best friend, who happens to be your brothers girlfriend?" I laughed, trying to lighten the seriousness of his mood.

"Nope. Not even that." He said popping the p. " Of course if the surprise were for you, I wouldn't say a fucking word." He laughed, mission accomplished.
"I love you." He said, softly. Just then the doorbell rang.

"Baby, I think the car service is here. I have to go. I love you Shannon Leto. And I cannot wait to see you."

"Alright, remember to either call or text me the second you are at the airport and then when you are on the plane. Ok? Promise?" He was really worried.

"Yes, I promise. And I will see you soon."

"Bet your sweet ass you will. Love you sweetheart, be safe." And he was gone.

I went to the door and let the driver in so he could come up and get my suitcase. His name was Rick, and he carried it swiftly down to the car. I grabbed my light leather jacket, my purse, my keys, cell phone and left home locking the door behind me. I slid into the back seat of the Town Car, and Rick started the engine making his way out of the driveway. We had been on the road for approximately 10 minutes when I heard a very loud and unfamiliar ringtone going off in my bag. I opened the bag and pulled my cell out, looking at it. It wasn't my cell phone ringing. But there was a phone ringing in my bag. It stopped momentarily then it began to go off again. I searched the inside of my bag again, finding a cell phone that didn't belong to me at the very bottom. I looked at it seeing it was a private number. Hesitantly I flipped open the cell.

"Hello?" I asked, confused.

"Hello, darling Lizzy. I've missed you. Now don't hang up or the consequences will cost you, dearly."

"David. What do you want?"

"What I've always wanted. You."

"You can't have me, David. I'm not yours anymore."

"Oh I think that's debatable, darling. Now, listen. We don't have much time. You are going to follow my instructions, or someone you love will pay the price."

A chill ran through me. "What have you done?" I croaked.

"You are going to have your driver take a detour to the following address, where I will pick you up. You will not contact anyone. Not your brother, your pathetic boyfriend, or our kids. Because you won't be able to reach either of them. They are rather indisposed, at the moment. It's been too long since I've had some quality time with my children, Lizzy. I've missed them. And if you even think about deviating from what I tell you, I will treat the kids to a taste of how I've treated you over the years. How does that sound?"

"You touch our kids, I swear, I will kill you."

"Well, then as long as you keep your fucking mouth shut, and show up at the address I give you, there will be no reason for me to do so." He proceeded to give me the address, and I wrote it down on a piece of paper that I had in my bag.

"You know people will be looking for me, right? When I don't show up, they will worry and look for me." I whispered.

"Darling, they will think you changed your mind is all. I'm not worried. You belong with me. Now tell the driver the address, and I will see you soon. It will be a family reunion." He laughed evilly. "I will call you back soon." Then hung up.

I closed the phone, and wiped the tears that were falling down my face. "Excuse me, Rick? I need you to take me to a new destination. I'm no longer going to the airport."

"I'm sorry ma'am? But I was instructed to bring you straight to the airport."

"I know you were, but an emergency came up, and I need to go to the following address. I'm sorry, I don't mean to cause you any trouble." I told him the address, and he pulled over so that he could plug it into his GPS system. Rick turned around and looked at me with genuine concern and asked if this was really what I wanted him to do.

"Rick, it's not about me or what I want anymore. Please, just take me to the address." I whispered and wiped the tears from my eyes. He nodded and faced forward once again.

Once it was programmed, we were back on the road. Every so often Rick would glance at me in the rear view mirror, concern still etched on his older face, but not saying anything. I know he had heard the one sided conversation. I could only imagine what he must be thinking. It took about 45 minutes before we pulled into a strip mall parking lot. Rick found a parking spot, and turned to look at me, as I sat and smiled as convincingly as I could, which wasn't much. I was terrified for my kids, and sick to my stomach.

The cell phone in my hands began to ring, and I answered it. "What?"

"What's wrong? Not happy to hear from me Lizzy?"

"Fuck you. Now what do you want me to do?"

"Get out of the car so the driver won't hear the conversation, and leave your bag inside." I opened the door and stepped out closing the door behind me. "Now, have him leave, and once he is gone, I will pick you up."

"You are a douchebag. You know that. I really fucking hate you."

"Now, now, Lizzy, lets not be hasty. No need to be mean. I know you don't really mean that deep down." I walked around to the drivers side door, and knocked on the window. Rick rolled the window down, looking at me with curiosity.

"Is everything ok ?"

"Not a word Lizzy." I heard in my ear.

"Um, yeah. You can go now. I have a ride coming to get me from here." He looked up at me skeptically. I know he didn't like how this was playing out.

"What about your things ma'am?"

"Uh, please take them back to my apartment, and leave them at my door. I'll see to them later." I said quietly, my voice shaking.

"Are you alright?" He asked me.

"Perfect. I need to go now. Thank you for your help Rick. You are very kind." My heart was breaking. Because I knew that Shannon would panic the second he realized I wasn't on my plane, and Jack would do the same when he heard from Shannon. I didn't know if the kids were ok or not, and I was the key to keeping them safe. Rick shook his head, clearly unhappy, and rolled his window up and put the car into drive, pulling away.

I stood in the parking lot for approximately 2 minutes, looking around to see if I could spot anything like a security camera, that I might be able to send a sign to Jack and Shannon. I felt my bracelet dangle on my wrist, and thinking quickly, I unclasped it, holding it in my hand as I walked over to the small grassy island where a young tree was planted. Placing a small kiss on top of the charm bracelet, I lifted it and gently lay it at the inner most point of the lowest branch looking directly across to the security camera I had spotted. I only prayed that it was in working order and Jack paid enough attention to what I had done. Sitting down under the tree, it was only a few minutes or later, when an unfamiliar car pulled up in front of me and stopped. The passenger window rolled down and David smiled at me. "Get in darling. Times wasting, and the kids are waiting." He said pointing a gun in my direction. My hand instantly went to my heart, and my breathing stopped momentarily.

"Is the gun really necessary? I swear to god, if you hurt a single hair on either of their heads I will destroy you." I said opening the car door, I leaned onto the car slightly steadying myself, and with my right hand above the car and in full view of the camera, I made a gun sign as subtly as I could. I wanted to do as much as I could before I wouldn't be able to do anything. Sliding down into the car, I felt the weight of the world upon me, David placed the gun on the left side of him, out of my reach. I was in way over my head and could only imagine the terror my children must be feeling at this moment, wherever they were.

"As long as you cooperate, they will be fine. You start to mess with me, and all bets are off."

"Where are they, David?"

"They are waiting for us."

"Where are we going?"

"Oh, I think I will keep that information to myself. Now, be a good girl, and put this over your eyes." Handing me a blindfold, he watched as I put it on, and then checked to make sure that it was secure.

"What's wrong, you don't trust me?"

"Nothing personal Lizzy, but no. I don't want you trying to take off with the little brats at some point. Better to be safe than sorry." Then he asked for my hands and proceeded to zip tie my hands together. I wasn't going anywhere. Suddenly, there was a rag covering my nose and mouth with a horrid odor, and I could do nothing but breath it in, hearing David say,"Nighty, night Darling." Just then everything went dark.

At some point I started to wake up, but tried to keep my breathing slow and even. I wanted David to continue to believe I was unconscious for as long as possible. I knew that any hope of someone seeing us driving by and being concerned with a woman in a blindfold was literally out the window, due to the fact that I had noticed all the car windows were heavily tinted. The bastard had thought of every detail. As usual. I don't know how long we had been in the car. I couldn't tell if it was dark or light out because of the blindfold. My body had become stiff from sitting in the same position for so long, but I resisted the urge to move. I noticed a difference in the feel of the road surface. Then the car began to slow and after a few twists and turns we finally came to a stop.

"Ahhh, home sweet home. Finally. I think you're going to like it here Lizzy. Come on now, I know you're awake. I don't know how long you've been up, but I know you are." He said then I heard him open and close the car door. Shit.

My door was opened, and I was lifted up by my arm into a standing position. There was gravel under my feet, and I heard nothing around us, pure silence. This couldn't be good. Knowing David we were probably out in the middle of nowhere. The woods maybe, or possibly out in the country. Who the hell knows. No one would ever find us. David grabbed my arm and yanked me forward and I stumbled in the direction he was pulling me.

"Take three steps up."

"Why not just take the blindfold off."

"Nice try, but not until we are inside."

"Thanks a lot."

Just as my feet hit the top step, I felt the first hit to my face, almost sending me over backwards.

"Such a wise mouth on you. I think I need to teach you a lesson, Lizzy. There are so many other things you could be doing with that smart mouth of yours." I felt the bile rising in my throat, but steadied myself. I had to be strong for the kids. Once we were together, we would figure a way out of this, and hopefully Jack would figure out where we were before it was too late for us all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun,dun,dun,dunnnnnnnnn!!!!! David's back, and with a vengeance! Things are going to get very, interesting from here on out. So hold on to your hats!!!! Hope y'all enjoyed. Please comment, recommend and subscribe. Love to all my readers, <3

<3
mysoul4jimmy