Status: In Progress

Set Fire to the Rain

Blinded In Chains

Exhausted, in pain, and missing my family more than I ever imagined humanly possible, I lay naked and tied to the posts of my current prison. Going on day 5, I have endured horrors that I don't know, I could ever repeat to another soul. I would never have imagined that David was capable of the atrocities he has committed. Feeling fresh tears fall over my cheeks; I couldn't help thinking about the endless list of things that he put my bruised and battered body through. It was, what he felt, a necessity in teaching me a lesson. The more I thought about things, the more my thoughts began to change directions, and I began to think about the life I had built with my children and had started with Shannon.

I felt myself becoming angry, and the tears stopped. I will be damned, if I will allow this arrogant prick, to steal away every last shred of self respect and happiness, I have managed to get back. David may be able to torture, beat, assault, and treat me how he deems fit, but I have other plans. Plans that I had set into motion days ago, without him ever realizing it. The plan was to slowly but surely, make David believe that he had broken me, and that I was beginning to believe the shit he was babbling constantly; about how I belonged with him, that we were meant to be, that I had made a mistake in leaving him; none of which I actually believed. But the thought was, that if he began to think that I had cracked, and was falling under his spell once again, maybe he would slip up and actually give me an inch of freedom. That was all I would need to make my move. I needed out of this place, and soon. I was terrified of the ramifications of what David had been doing to me, and though I had been saving my strength and not fighting back, my physical and mental strength was waning. I wouldn't last much longer in this hell. My eyes began to fall closed, and I welcomed it, wishing for dreams of my children and Shannon holding me safely in his arms sitting on a quiet beach somewhere, in the warm summer sun. I imagined Shannon whispering into my ear that he loves me and that we would always be together. It was music to my ears, finally falling into a restless sleep.

"Time for breakfast darling." I heard in the deep recesses of my mind.

"Ugh." I moaned.

"Come on now, I have a hot breakfast waiting for you Lizzy. I thought I would reward you for being such a good girl lately." As if on cue, my stomach rumbled very loudly, giving me away.

I opened my eyes slowly and saw David standing at the edge of the bed with a robe in his hands.

"Thank you David, that would be nice." I said softly, earning a sly smile from the man.

The restraints were untied and I was helped into a sitting position, so that David could help me slip into the waiting robe. This was an upgrade from the last couple days where he had made me sit at the table without a stitch of clothing on and my hands bound behind my back. I was completely at his mercy for everything, and he was enjoying every second of it. Though this was a step in the right direction, in my mind. David grabbed ahold of my upper arm, dragging me to my feet, then pulled me alongside him into the kitchen, where he sat me at the table where there was a waiting plate of hot, freshly made eggs, toast, and bacon. A feast compared to what he had been feeding me lately. My mouth instantly watered, at the sight of hot food. The smells overwhelming my senses, I may have actually moaned out loud.

When David leaned in close and nibbled on my neck, whispering, " I knew you would enjoy this. Maybe you will show me some real appreciation later instead of laying there like a dead fish. Hmmmmm. But that can wait, let's let you eat." He said, pulling the plate to sit directly in front of me.

My stomach dropped instantly at the thought of what he had in store for me later, but I immediately pushed that out of my mind and focused on getting the food in front of me, into my system , then, hopefully being able to put my plan into action. So for now, I sat picking up my eggs with my hands and placing them into my mouth, very, very slowly. As David sat and blabbered on, I only slightly paid him any attention, while allowing myself to try and finish formulating the plan to get myself out of this. Unfortunately, most of what I would do, depended solely on what David allowed me to do. That seemed to be the crux of my entire situation. Responding appropriately to something David asked of me, I nodded and looked up smiling softly, trying to be the woman he wanted me to be without overdoing it. Though when he looked away, my eyes glanced off towards the set of kitchen knives that still sat by the sink, unmoved since our arrival. Those utensils, were going to be my way out of here. I could feel it.

"All done?" David asked, as I looked down, at my now empty plate.

"Yes. It was very good. Thank you."

"I like doing nice things for you, Lizzy. As long as you behave, I will continue to do so."

"I understand." I said simply, and left it at that.

"It's so nice to see the woman I molded you into so long ago, coming back to me. I knew she wasn't far off."

With that, I kept my mouth shut, afraid I might rip him a new asshole. He was trying to push my buttons, and he knew exactly how to do it. Though I was not going to let him see, he was really pissing me off, after everything he had put me through these last 5 days.

We stood up from the table and I picked up my plate, looking at him, I asked, " May I please, wash my plate? It's the least I could do."

He looked back at me skeptically, thinking about it momentarily. He nodded and walked alongside me toward the sink, and stood there watching me with baited breath. Waiting for me to do something stupid. I wasn't going to do anything, I was simply earning his trust. The tension that always surrounded David seemed to be easing, and he was rather enjoying this new, compliant Lizzy on his hands. When I finished, we began to make our way back to my prison, or rather my hell. I would just keep telling myself that everything was going to be ok. I would be with my children soon, I would be with my family and the ones that really loved me before I knew it. Who knows, maybe if I was lucky, Jack might already be on his way here. A girl can always dream...
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally another update! I am sorry I haven't posted in ages, but I have been working on new chapters and the summer has been very busy. Plus I'm currently trying to find a job, so that's been a little time consuming. Anyway, I hope y'all enjoyed this, I know it's a bit filler-ish, but it's all leading to the big ending. Sending lots of love out to all my readers for staying with me and continuing to support this story. Remember to comment, recommend and subscribe. Thank you all again!
<3
mysoul4jimmy