Status: Updates at random

A Serpants Lullaby...

Year 4

The summer before this year had been different. I'd been walking down the streets of London with Zane. We'd gone out to a theater to watch a movie, and it was dark out as we were returning home and when we'd gone to walk down one of the normally busy streets; we’d happened to stumble upon a difficult situation. There was a muggle held at gun point by a crazed man. They'd been yelling obscurities, and before anything could be done to intervene, a deafen bang was let off. And the man against the wall died as the bullet pierced his forehead. I’d been frozen in spot as Zane pulled me back and called the police on his cell phone.

It had been the first time I’d ever witnessed someone being killed; muggle or wizard. So it had indeed been strange to think about, but I also wasn’t quite sure how to react to it either. Besides, I didn’t even know the muggle.

The beginning of school had proved to be busy. The Goblet of Fire happened to be stationed in the main hall, and Hogwarts would be playing host to two other schools; Durmstrang, and Beauxbatons. As expected the students of Hogwarts had taken to the new students like wild fire. The boys wanted to get with the superficial french girls of Beauxbatons, and the girls wanted to get with the masculine men of the northern Durmstrang. Not to mention, the Triwizard cup had suddenly turned into a ‘quad’-cup. I’ll never understand how Harry Potter seems to get sucked into just about everything.

I was interested in the idea of the competition, mostly because I do believe that I’d do quite a good job in it. But as it happens, I respect rules. So I didn’t even attempt the idea of trying to put my name in.

Now, the new Defense teacher was a strange one. Mr. Moody, gave the impression of being an eccentric. But I was most glad that he knew what he was doing. However, I did not agree with the idea of preforming the 3 unforgivable curses in front of a classroom of students. There happens to be a reason why they are called unforgivable.

However, this year was different for me. I felt uncomfortable with going to him as a teacher for extra help in learning. So I’d spent more time in the library than anything else; looking at old text books to 5th and 6th year students. I’d even been able to preform a working patronus charm, which produced a spirit of a peregrine falcon.

I’d begun to notice that Sara had gotten considerably close with Zane, and the same goes for Page and Jay. Both couples had gotten closer together, and I could see it in all their eyes. Then of course the time came for the Yule Ball. As I’d been right, Zane had gone with Sara, and Page with Jay. All of them had expressed their concern for me being alone, and that it wasn’t like they’d planned this. I hadn’t taken anything personally. But there happened to be a very urgent pressure around people to find a date.

After one of the quidditch games against Gryfindor, I’d been approached by a Durnstrang strudent named Gerard Folkins. He’d asked me to the Yule Ball, and as it was; I’d said yes. We’d gotten to know each other quickly and I would even now consider him a very close friend. He’d been able to make me laugh, the entire night he’d had me smiling. It was something different, and I liked it.

For the ball I’d dressed in a modest silver strapless dress, with various folds over the bodice. While Gerard had dressed in the very well known formal attire of his school, that incorporated a red shirt, brown shoulder cape, and black dress pants. He stood tall and proud, when he’d taken my arm and led me through the crowds of people to the ball room.

I wasn’t an exceptionably well known person in the school, but I’d still received a few looks, bother from males and females as I’d passed through the doorway to the dance hall.

“Charlotte you look wonderful.” spoke Gerard, his hand placed protectively on my lower back as we walked.

“I’ve mentioned before haven’t I?” I smiled slightly, “Now that we’re friends, please call me Charlie.”

He laughed slightly. “Yes, yes. But Charlotte is so much more.... you! Plus, please indulge me for tonight, won’t you?”

I looked to him and smiled. “I can do that.”

We reached the hoard of people dancing and twirling around in a fast paced waltz. Gerard bowed towards me, and I extended my leg in a curtsy. Then he took my hand and led me to a clear spot where he placed a hand on my waist and took my left hand in his.

He smiled brightly, as we came closer together to dance. “You’re not bad.” he smirked. “I’ve seen better, but you’re not bad.”

I blushed lightly. “I don’t really practice.”

He smiled at my reaction. “You happen to be a strange mix.” he paused, as I can him a questioning look. “But for some reason you’ve gotten my attention. There certainly is more to you than what people can see. I like it.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment then.”

The night progressed nicely, and when we’d both gotten tired of dancing Gerard led to an empty table and he’d gone off to get us some drinks. In the mean time, I’d removed my shoes and undone my hair. And a certain blonde haired boy walked by my table, with consequently no date on his arm.

“No date Alaster?” he commented.

I rolled my eyes, and sat back in my chair to cross my arms over my chest. “First, why do you care? And second, I do happen to have a date.”

Draco was dressed in a black tuxedo, and his hair was strait and parted down the center of his head. He looked like he always did, too proud and cocky. But it wasn’t like I was just going to roll over and let him talk to me, like how he does the other girls and boys.

“I really have no reason in asking, other than the fact that you’re all dressed up, alone and not a friend in sight. And if I do say, you don’t look half bad.” he smirked.

“I haven’t known someone like you to give anyone a compliment. Especially someone not of pureblood decent.” I replied with a sting to my voice.

“I hope everyone is getting along here.” Gerard came walking down the isle with two drinks in hand, he then handed me one as he stood to face Draco.

“Yes, yes. But Draco here was just about to tell me what he has against Half-bloods.” I glared at him.

He stumbled for words, and his eyes widened. “N-nothing.” and he walked off quickly.

Gerard looked back to me, and sat down in a chair to my opposite. “I hope he didn’t bother you too much.”

“Not in the slightest.” I smiled at him as I took a sip from the cup he’d given me. “I just like to see his expression whenever I set him strait.”

“Well you are strong minded.” he took a sip as well. “Would you like to go for a walk with me?”

I nodded, so we finished our drinks and he led me out of the main hall, and into the snowy courtyard. I hadn’t a jacket, so he’d given me his cape to place over my shoulders as we walked. The setting was perfect, as the stars shown brightly and the snow fell in a graceful dance. He looked at me thoughtfully.

“I can see that you enjoy the snow.” he smiled.

“I quite do.” I nodded as well. “I prefer the cold, it more... refreshing.”

“Sort of like the north then?” he put an arm around my waist.

I smiled, as I looked at him. “Yeah, like the north.”

The way he looked at me made me blush in the cold, I could feel my cheeks heating up as his face came in closer to my own.

“Would it be alright for me to kiss you?” he asked me in a whisper.

I really did only think of our relationship as very close friends. But I also wasn’t about to say that I’m not attracted to him. So in response, I simply nodded my approval.

So he leaned in and lightly placed his lips upon mine. It was in no way a heated kiss, rather that of a innocent gesture. So when he pulled back, I hugged him tightly happy to be with him. He in turn protectively wrapped his arms around me.

“Was that weird?” he asked casually.

“Only if you want it to be.” I replied.

He chuckled warmly. “You’re a fantastic person Charlotte, I’m happy to be considered a friend of yours.”

After the dance, it had been made clear that although we were indeed attracted to each other, neither of us were looking to be in a relationship at the moment. So we did indulge ourselves in the odd kiss here and there, but things never went too far. Instead our friendship had grown immensely, so much so that I had started to consider him one of my very best friends.

As usual as the competition had progressed, Potter had done quite well and as to be expected, Voldamort had ended up killing a student by the name of Cedric Digory in the final challenge. As well as the fact that none other than Harry Potter had won the triwizard cup as well; therefore earning eternal glory.

I’d have to say that the most interesting of challenges would have been the maze. It proved to be a test of wits, and tactical intelligence. If the idea was that one who enters into the maze would face a range of dangerous beasts, spells and enchainments that could change and twist ones mind, and then of course there are your opponents. It would take someone with skill, knowledge, and enough strength of character to know the difference between your own mind and what’s been placed into it.

When it came time for the students of Durnstrang and Beauxbatons to return to their separate campuses Gerard and I had decided we wanted to keep in touch. So we would therefore begin writing letters to each other. And by the end of the year, Zane and Sara had expressed their relationship status as being a couple.

It had been an eventful year, new friends, a loss of a fellow student. But life goes on, and I’m more than curious as to what will happen next year.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Dress: http://img1.promgirl.com/_img/PGPRODUCTS/489927/1000/flirt-P1439-silver-dress.jpg

The Make-up: http://beautylish.tumblr.com/post/2804086910/master-the-perfect-smokey-eye-with-this-silver

The Hair: http://hairstylesweekly.com/images/2012/07/Ivanka-Trump-Long-Sleek-Blonde-Hairstyle.jpg

The shoes: http://www.bayareabags.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/pic1.jpg