It's in Your Face But You Can't Grab It

Does She Ever Get A Break?

Rachel's P.O.V.
"Brian!" I screeched over the screaming twins when Raven fell.

Brian rushed in from the living room. "What the--" He looked down at Raven, Vivica, and Damion, then said, "Holy shit."

I picked up Vivica and Damion and handed them to Brian. "Help me take her to the couch. Then, take these two upstairs with the boys and call Zacky," I ordered him. I'm sure he didn't like taking orders from a girl he just met yesterday, but he agreed anyway.

Brian picked Raven up and I follwed him to the living room. He laid her on the couch and I handed the kids to him and he left the room.

"Oh, Raven. What happened now?" I whispered as I kneeled down next to her. I moved her hair out of her face and saw she had a black eye.

I decided to check for any other injuries and found a large cut across the top of her back. I gasped and ran to the bathroom to grab a rag and some peroxide. When I returned, I wiped the blood from the cut. Cerberus walked over to me with a sad look on his face. I pet him with my free hand. "You're such a faithful dog Cerberus."

A few seconds after I started applying peroxide to the cut, Raven twitched and hissed in pain. Oh thank God she's awake. "Ra?" I asked to make sure I hadn't just imagined it.

She turned around. "Rachel?" Suddenly her eyes became fearful. "Where's Vivica and Damion?"

"Upstairs with--" I didn't get time to finish because Raven shot up and ran up the stairs.

Brian's P.O.V.
I had just finished calling Zacky and told him what happened. He said he'd be over as fast as he could. I looked over at Raven's kids. They were both still crying. I couldn't help but wonder what could have happened.

The door busted open and Raven ran in. She looked absolutely terrible. She had a painful looking black eye and when she passed me I saw there was a long gash on her back. So many questions I wanted to ask but decided to wait.

She embraced the two kids and they cried into her chest. Rachel's boys, who were four and six, were watching from one of their beds on the other side of the room with questioning looks. I told them to go downstairs with their mom for a little bit.

Once they were gone I walked over to Raven. When I got close enough, I saw that she was crying too. Did this girl ever get a break?

"What happened?" I aksed as I knelt beside her.

She just shook her head. "I don't want to talk about it right now."

I placed my arm around her shoulders, being careful to avoid the cut. "So how old are these two?" I questioned to change the subject.

"Two." She stroked the girl's hair. They had calmed down but were still clinging to Raven. Whatever happened must have scared the shit out of them.

I heard the front door open and Rachel tell Zacky Raven was upstairs. I got up just as Zacky came in. The two kids looked around Raven's shoulders and shouted, "Daddy!"

Daddy? I decided I'll just talk to Zacky later about it and left the room.

Zacky's P.O.V.
I knew Brian would probably be wondering why they were calling me daddy as he walked passed, but right now it didn't matter. I wanted to make sure they were okay.

Raven's back was to me and I felt sick to my stomach when I saw the huge cut on her back. The kids started squirming to get out of Raven's arms. She let them go and I picked them up. Both of them were untouched thankfully.

I walked over to Raven and sat on the floor next to her. She looked over at me then looked away, probably hoping I hadn't seen the black eye.

Before I could ask what happened, Damion said, "Lance made mommy cry."

"Really?" I looked over at Raven and she nodded. That fucking bastard!

I pulled Raven into a hug and she cried into my chest. The twins both hugged her as well. The four of us stayed like this for a long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the wait and the length on this one. I'm trying to decide what to do with it. If anyone has ideas, feel free to tell me either in a comment or a PM.

M. Vengeance