Status: I update maybe a little too much =)

Nicotine and Faded Dreams

I couldn't wait for the summer and the Warped Tour

I don’t quite know where to begin here. Well, the names Leila. Strange name, I know. I was born and raised in the smallest Connecticut suburb in existence. I’m an only child, and before you ask NO I’m not a spoiled little brat and YES I do wish I had brothers and sisters.

I moved to Boston when I was 18 years old to attend Berklee College. Years later I graduated with a major in music management. I worked for a record label in a stuffy office, acquired contacts, after a while opportunities presented themselves and BAM! I became a merch girl. It had always been my dream to tour the world but I never quite possessed enough musical ability myself, so this was my solution. Seven tours and four years later, here I am.

My next tour will begin in T-minus 30 minutes, and this one was big. Two words: Warped Tour. I would be the merch gal for the main stage band We the Kings. I had never really heard of them before this, but their music was downloaded onto my I-pod now and ready to be listened to, and meeting new people was always on my to-do list. Needless to say I’m pretty freaking psyched for this.

I ran around my room throwing clothes haphazardly into my duffel bag and backpack. I suppose I should have begun to pack a few days earlier, but procrastination is my middle name. Once I finally collected everything I would need for the 3 month tour, I zipped up my bags, threw them over my shoulder, and ran downstairs, already 15 minutes late. Did I mention I’m always late as well?

I got into my car and sped to the airport as stealthily as possible, so as not to get pulled over by any creeping police vehicles. Once I parked my car in what I hoped to be a safe spot at the airport’s parking lot, seeing as it would be stationed there for 3 months, I got my tickets, went through security, and boarded my plane just in the nick of time.

I found that my seat was not even a window seat, and I had to sit in the middle row. To my right was an older woman who reminded me a lot of my own grandmother. To my left was a teenage girl, probably about 17, who looked completely terrified. I smiled a little to myself, remembering my first flight I had taken alone.

I popped in my headphones and turned my I-pod on shuffle, preparing myself for the 4 and ½ hour flight from Connecticut to Salt Lake City, Utah. Once I got there it would be chaos, constantly I’m sure, and I would be living on a bus with a bunch of smelly men. I enjoyed this moment and let my eyes drift closed as an unfamiliar song began playing on my I-pod. I can only assume the beautiful music I was hearing was none other than We the Kings, as I slowly drifted into unconsciousness.
♠ ♠ ♠
First story ever
Please let me know what you think
I enjoy comments <3