Status: I update maybe a little too much =)

Nicotine and Faded Dreams

You'll be the reason I'll be uneven

Today we were in the guy’s home state, Florida. St. Petersburg to be exact. This was our 3rd day in Florida but today was different; today we were only a half hour away from Bradenton, which was where Travis, Danny, Hunter, and Charles lived.

From the moment I woke up, I could tell Travis was bursting with excitement. Mostly because I usually wake up to a still sleeping red-head next to me but today I was shaken awake by that same red-head at an un-godly hour of the morning.

“We’re going home today, we’re going home today!!” Travis shouted while still shaking me repeatedly.

I laughed and rubbed my eyes, “I know! YAY!”

I tried my best to sound as enthusiastic as I could after just being assaulted into consciousness. I really was excited that the guys were going to get to go home though. They all missed it, I could tell. I think it affected Travis the most, and I’m not just saying that because he’s my boyfriend. When we passed the “Welcome to Florida” sign 2 days ago, Travis became very emotional. He was seconds from tears with a huge smile plastered to his face. I held his hand and his smile grew wider. He only said one word for the rest of that bus ride and it was simply “Home”.

Travis catapulted himself over me in order to get out of his bunk. In the process his leg got caught in a phone charger wire and he ended up landing face first on the bus floor. I immediately burst out laughing after Travis quickly sprang to his feet.

“I’m good, I’m good,” Travis said blushing. I just laughed even more
____

Thankfully We The Kings had a very early set time, so we were able to leave the venue at around 2pm to head to Bradenton. Scooter agreed to cover the merch tent while we were gone. The bus was going to pick us up sometime later that night since we needed to head to North Carolina for the next morning.

Charles’ wife Alli picked Charles, Travis, Danny, Hunter, and myself up from the venue. I ended up sitting on Travis’ lap for the half hour car ride, not that I minded. He had his arms securely fastened around me the entire time and every once and a while he would kiss the top of my head.

After everybody was dropped off at their own houses, we pulled up to a beautiful house surrounded by palm trees. Travis nearly threw me out of the car but thankfully I landed on my feet outside. I turned around to give Travis a playful dirty look but I was thrown over his shoulder in one swoop as soon as his feet hit the pavement. I looked back at the car, waved to a laughing Charles and Alli, and yelled “Nice to meet you Alli” as Travis walked us happily into his house.

He placed me down gently and I looked around. His house was not what I would have expected a rock star’s house to look like. It was very neat and tidy, not to mention beautifully decorated, but I did see musical instruments all over his living room and a huge grand piano that made me smile from ear to ear.

Travis looked like he was a kid in a candy store. He grabbed my hand and showed me every inch of the house.

“Trav, your house is beautiful!” I was actually in awe of it to be honest. It made me want to move out of my shitty old apartment.

“You’re beautiful.” Travis said walking up to me and placing his hand on my cheek.

“And you sir are corny,” I laughed but gave Travis a kiss none-the-less.

“So,” I began, “Big house all to ourselves. What ever shall we do?”

Travis just looked at me dumbfounded and immediately kissed me, almost knocking me into the wall. I laughed into the kiss and Travis did too.

----

After, shall I call it, taking advantage of our alone time, Travis was adamant about taking me to the beach. While Travis went into the other room to change I yelled to him, feeling my stomach grumble.

“Trav, you want to bring some food?” I yelled looking around his kitchen.

In a matter of seconds Travis re-appeared with his head stuck in his shirt, “What?” his voice was muffled through the shirt.

I giggled and repeated myself, “Umm do you want me to make some food for the beach? And also do you need help there?” I couldn’t help but laugh. Travis was trying so hard to get his head through the hole in the shirt, but eventually he gave up and just answered.

“Sure, but I don’t think I have very much food in the kitchen. And I’ll be fine…eventually.” The headless Travis said laughing.

“Permission to try and find peanut butter and jelly in your kitchen, captain Travis?” I asked like the weirdo that I was.

“Permission granted!” Travis said saluting through his shirt where his head was.

I laughed at how weird we were as Travis stumbled back towards his room. Soon enough I found the necessary ingredients to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. As I was finishing up the sandwiches, Travis finally emerged with his shirt on and his head free.

“Yay, no more headless Travis!” I cheered ruffling Travis’ hair. He ruffled mine and laughed in response.

“Let’s go!” He said excitedly grabbing my hand and leading me out the front door.

---

The beach Travis took me to was about a half hour walk from Travis’ house. By the time we got there the sun was just going down and the beach was nearly deserted.

After lying down on a blanket and devouring our delicious food, Travis and I just sat watching the sun set in the distance. It was wonderful to just sit there and relax, especially with Travis. I watched contentedly as the sun slowly faded below the clouds, leaving the sky a beautiful pinkish orange color.

I looked from the sunset to Travis. He must have sensed that I was staring at him because he grabbed my hand and turned his head towards me.

“Hey you.” He said smiling, squeezing my hand a little tighter.

“Hey yourself.” I smiled back.

“So you know what?” Travis asked somewhat nervously.

“What?” I asked somewhat worried. Why would he be so nervous?

“I…” he began but instead of continuing he stopped and kissed me.

I smiled and kissed him back happily, “What is it?” I asked pulling away, still wondering what was on his mind, “Is something wrong?”

“No nothing’s wrong at all.” He said but then he was silent.

“Seriously Trav, you can talk to me about anything. I’m a good listener.” I said sitting up, Travis sat up with me but still held onto my hand.

“Alright,” He began again, “Leila, what happens when Warped Tour is over?”

I cringed at the question, I knew it was going to come up eventually, but I just didn’t want to think about it. What happened when Travis stayed here in Florida and I went back to my shitty apartment in Connecticut?

“I…I don’t know.” I didn’t know what else to say. I wanted to keep this going, God knows I did, but how was it going to work.

“Oh…” Travis looked sad.

“No I didn’t mean I want to stop seeing you. I want to keep seeing you…I mean if you want to that is. I just was trying not to think about it right now.” I tried to explain myself.

Travis looked a little more relieved, “I know what you mean. I was trying not to think about it too. But it’s hard because I really love you and I all I want is to just be with you but when we’re that far away from each other it’s gonna suck.”

My jaw dropped, “You…love me?”

Travis looked surprised, “Shit, Leila. I didn’t mean to just say it like that in the middle of the sentence. Let me try again.”

Travis grabbed my other hand and looked me in the eye. He placed a kiss on my lips and then one on my forehead, “I love you.”

My heart skipped a beat and the only thing I could do was immediately kiss Travis, hard. I felt him smile and when I finally pulled away I smiled as well, breathing hard, “I love you too.”

“We’ll talk about this later?” Travis asked smiling.

“Definitely” I said before diving onto Travis and attacking his lips with my own.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow 2 months later and here's the next chapter!
I'm so sorry it took so long!!!
Thanks so much for sticking with me, I was having major writing problems.
Being side stage for We The Kings on Warped tour, meeting Charles Trippy for the first time, and Danny Duncan telling me I was beautiful inspired me to write about them again. I love every single one of those boys to death!! =)
Thank you megsyxo3, Born_For_Th!s, PhoebeAnna, TrueBeliever831, rivals are insane, idreamofdanny, Sjac016, and weeezer100 for all your comments, for reading, and for reminding me that I should be writing more!
Love you guys! <3