A Mouse's Tale

Chapter Four

"I'm sorry," Vyron broken away from her suddenly, standing up and moving away. "That was very forward of me. It just felt so..." He ran his fingers through his hair as he tried to think of what to say.

"Right?" Mouse supplied, standing as well. "Trust me, this was the last thing that I was expecting to happen tonight." She drew closer to him. "But it did feel so right, like something just clicked between us."

"Ever heard of love at first sight?" Vyron smiled, cupping her face with his hand.

"Never believed it until now," she smiled as well. Mouse could not explain the sudden, intense feelings that she felt for Vyron. Sure she had found him attractive before, but now, after sharing such an intimate moment with him, she felt so much more strongly for him that she had before. She placed her hand on his chest and felt the quick thrumming of his heart and knew that he felt the same. No man had ever made her feel this way before, not this quickly and with this much intensity.

"I don't understand it," Vyron shook his head. "How could I have such sudden feelings for someone that I hardly know, especially when only moments earlier I was feeling heartbroken and alone."

"I'm not a rebound, am I?" Mouse asked defensively, taking a slight step back. "I'm not the girl that you're going to use to make yourself feel better until you find something better, am I?"

"No!" Vyron cried, closing the gap between them. "I would never do that to you! What we have here, it's real. It may be sudden and unexpected, but it's real. I have never felt this way before, not with anyone!"

"Not even the last woman?" Mouse asked softly.

"Victoria?" Vyron asked, raising his eyebrows. "No, not even with her. And to be honest, I think that I knew that our relationship was going downhill. We fought all the time and I could hardly ever please her. I think that I was more in denial of it until she actually broke it off with me and made it real. But you," he gently brushed a piece of hair away from her face, his hand again cupped her face. "You make me feel things that she never did and never could. I don't understand what we have, but I look forward to finding out, and I hope that you feel the same." To answer him, Mouse reached up and pulled his head down to hers and kissed him. She felt alive as his lips pressed against hers.

The chime of midnight from the Clock Tower startled Mouse out of their embrace.

"The Queen!" she gasped, flustered. "I'm so sorry, but I must get back to her!" She turned to leave, but was stopped as Vyron lightly grabbed her arm and pulled her back to him.

"Until we meet again," his voice was soft and understanding as he lightly kissed her again. "My Lady." He released her and gave her a formal bow, causing her to blush slightly.

"Until then, my Lord," she smiled, using the long ends of her tunic to attempt a curtsy for him. With that, she turned and hurried away back to Arya, pausing slightly only a couple of times to look back at Vyron who remained where she left him, watching her go.

Until then, my love.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is kind of short, but I felt it necessary to provide a reasoning behind the quick relationship between Mouse and Vyron.