‹ Prequel: Vital
Sequel: Different.

Times Are Changing

Opposite sex hang outs.

David stayed in his office all day, on his laptop. Dominic would go in there, and run out. As I cleaned the dishes, keeping an eye on Dominic occasionally, I decided David could handle it.

"Dominic, knock it off now, you little shit!" I heard David scream. I furrowed my brows and entered his office.

"What happened?" I question, as Dominic ran out. David was standing holding a pen.

"He keeps touching things, throwing them on the floor, and laughing," David explained.

"And that means you can call him a little shit?" I growl.

"Don't tell me how to discoplene my son," he snarls, standing up. "Now if you don't mind, I have work to do, keep an eye on our son." I was taken back as he lightly pushed me out of the room, and slammed the door. A small click was heard, indicating that he locked the door.

"Wow, David! No need to be a dick!" I screamed, slamming my fist on the door then walked away. I found Dominic on the couch, curled in his blanket, passed out. I hope he didn't cry himself to sleep.

...

Dominic played outside, as I sat out there watching, reading a book. I know, how old lady of me, right? At least we have a small gate that I wouldn't have to worry about David getting through immediately, so I glanced up and then back down at the book.

"Hey, neighbor!" That guy from the other day hollered, holding a boy in his arms.

"Oh hey!" I reply with a smile, watching as he came over.

"Mind if I join?" he suggests, at which I nod.

"Come on," I call. He opened the gate and placed his son down, at which Dominic was taken back.

"Weston, this is-" my neighbor paused for me to fill in the answer.

"Dominic, Dominic this is Weston," I finished at which the boys were smiling at each other.

"Wes!" Dominic made his own nickname, which was random but cute. Weston smiled at Dominic and the two ran around together. Well that was quick.

"Your son is pretty out going," he muttered and I nodded.

"Must get it from his Father," I scoff.

"I don't know, you seem pretty outgoing yourself," he mused at which I laughed.

"I suppose, if you knew me in Highschool though, noooo," I snorted. I felt my face flush because of my snorting as well. To the outside it seemed as though we were flirting, but to us we were just conversing.

"So, what's David doing?" he inquired, looking around.

"In his office," I muttered, staring at Dominic.

"You don't seem too happy," he commented.

"We should take them out back, we have actual play houses," I explain. My neighbor, of which I sadly forgot his name already, and part of me questioned if he even mentioned his name, nodded.

"That'd be fun!" he boasted, and we called the kids. I opened the door and Dominic lead the way, opening the back door.

"So, where is your oldest?" I question.

"My wife decided to take her out, and have a girls day, on my day off. So I can have a boys day," he chuckled with a grin.

"Well that's awesome," I smile. "Not much of a boys day anymore huh?"

"No, it still is. We just have one last hour to kill before they get home," he stated with a smile.

"Dominic looks happy, so I am glad you came," I thank.

"Not to be rude, but, you look a little pregnant," he noticed with a laugh. God he laughs a lot.

"Yeah, we're having twins," I reply, lightly rubbing my belly.

"That's exciting! Do you know the genders?" he asks, glancing at my stomach. "My wife is pregnant as well, we're having another boy."

"We're having girls," I bit my bottom lip.

"Nice," he nods.

"Hello?" The back door opened again and there stood David.

"Howdy neighbor!" Our neighbor hollered.

"Neighbor?" David replied, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Yeah, remember, Weston?" Our neighbor reminded. So his son is named after him, that's cool.

"Oh, Weston! Sorry about that, I noticed my girlfriend sitting outside with another man, made me question," David honestly spoke, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Yeah, I kind of randomly showed up with my son, and we came out back to watch them play," Weston excused. I furrowed my brows at David and glared.

"Besides, you were busy in your office," I reply. David narrowed his eyes again.

"Should have at least peeked your head in," he growled.

"How can I? The door is locked," I spat. Weston glanced from us both then looked over at his son, Wes.

"Well," Weston cleared his throat.

"Yeah, the kids look like they're having fun," I changed the subject, knowing Weston was going to leave. Weston glanced at me, his brows raised.

"Yeah, they do. The other neighbors have kids also, you should stop being a hermit and come out sometime," Weston invited, nudging me.

"Oh yes, let me just be outgoing and randomly knock on doors," I stuck my tongue out. "With a traditional cake or something."

"Cookies are bomb," he joked.

"Fine, cookies," I roll my eyes.

"This weekend we have our weekly get together, you should bring Dominic," he invited. David stood there a little sour, probably because Weston was only addressing me. "Oh and you too!" Weston looked over at David, whom just rose his brows.

"If I don't work," David rudely replied, glanced at Dominic then went inside.

"I figured that," Weston sighed, shifting his eyes to mine.

"Sorry, he's having a bad day today," I excuse David's behavior.

"It's alright," Weston nodded glancing at his phone.
"I should probably get going anyway."

"Okay," I stood up as well. The boys followed us, and I lifted Dominic in my arms.

"Say bye, bye, Wes," Weston told Wes.

"Bye bye!" Wes Jr waved.

"Bye!" Dominic hollered back, waving. I kissed Dominic's forehead and waved at the two as they walked off. I went back inside, setting Dominic on his feet. I locked the front door and walked in the kitchen, fixing a juice cup for him.

"So, did you have fun?" David growled, causing me to slightly jump.

"Are you seriously jealous of our neighbor?" I spat, glaring at him. Dominic came in and I handed him the sippy cup. "Honestly David, you were in your office and I am glad that Weston brought Wes over! Dominic needs a playmate!"

"It's not that, Monique! He is another guy! Ask me first! Damn!" David screamed, my mouth flew open and my eyes widened.

"Are you fucking kidding me right now?! I have to ask you to hang out with our neighbor?! I don't give a fuck if he's a guy or a girl, you are not my father!" I shrieked at the top of my lungs.

"Fine, then I am going to hang out with a ton of girls, bye," David immaturely spat.

"There is a difference!" I defend. "A neighbor is different! I didn't go out of the house, we were here! Damn it, David, we were here!" I cried out. David stopped and turned with a slight smirk.

"I just want you to tell me things, that's all. A male that is not me, or anyone I know, yeah I will be upset. Not jealous, but more questioning why you didn't at least tell me," he explains. I let out a deep breath. Having kids, and being with someone, makes everything different. I see where he is coming from, because I would be pissed if he hung out with females behind my back. But, I mean we were at our house. "End of discussion, Monique. I will talk to you later." He walked off, looking at his phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
What is wrong with me??? I feel like I am sucking big time. UGH UGH UGH! lol Anywho, thank you for the story comment! :D makes me want to write more. Thank you.