‹ Prequel: Vital
Sequel: Different.

Times Are Changing

The end.

Monique still felt heart broken by not passing my test, but little did she realize that she has. I just came back from her parents house, and quickly went home.

"Thought you had work?" she quietly asks, glancing at me with those beautiful eyes.

"I did," I answer. "Want to go out for dinner?"

"With all these kids and their energy?" she laughs, watching as our girls raced around the house to attack the "monster" Dominic.

"Vivian said she'd watch them," I remind, at which she frowns. I noticed her chewing the insides of her lips, which meant she was considering the idea. "I kind of already asked her," I sheepishly admit. At that instant her facial expression dropped, she had an idea of why I wanted to talk to her and a big part of me was saddened as well. "Please, Monique. It needs to be done."

"Oh," her breath caught in her throat as she stood. I chewed the inside of my lip as she went up stairs to get dressed. Our kids ran into me, and my heart filled with joy.

"I love you," I tell them with a smile.

"Lah you too!" they all squeal in unison as they rush away to continue their games. Okay, so I may have lied about asking Vivian. I guess I just wanted her to see the severity in everything going on. I grabbed my lighter and flicked it on, shutting the lights off. I quickly set up the camera and knelt at the end of the stair case.

"Are you sure, Vivian is okay with this? We can always re-" Monique was panicking now, letting her mind race to all the negatives that could possibly be the reason for this. Once she glanced up front the top of the stairs, her mouth went agape. "David?"

"Shh," I hushed, my palms becoming sweaty. "In high school, we had this amazing love hate relationship. We didn't let anyone know we talked, we stayed a secret, and at the same time as much we hated each other, we secretly loved each other. I looked after you, even when you didn't notice it. I have loved you, since we were even in diapers. I hated our parents for trying to force feelings that were already there, and instead of just being open about them, I rebelled against our parental force. I lost time that I could have had with you, because of my own insecurities and issues with dealing with what's meant to be. Monique, you are what's meant to be with me. Yes, we have our differences, yes we argue like bitches. We have three amazing children, that were born in woodlock unfortunately. Because a part of me dies inside, for I am afraid. I am not afraid of that whole stupid, I am off the market, one pussy for the rest of my life bullshit. I am afraid that you wont love me anymore, that something will change and I am afraid of being vulnerable. Monique, I am afraid to love you as much as I do, but damn it, I do." With that I opened my jacket, and she slowly came down the stairs. The beautiful dress she put on for dinner, lightly cascading down her body, and slightly brushing against her ankles.

"David," she whispers again, her eyes watering.

"I love you, Monique. Til even after death, you will be mine. I will do anything for you, and our children. I can never, and will never see myself with anyone else but you. I want our souls to reunite after life, because living eternity would be hell without you by myside. Monique, will you do me the honor, of marrying a sadistic sarcastic bastard, like myself?"

"Yes," at this point tears were falling down her cheeks. I slid the ring on her finger, stood and lifted her up. She was laughing at this point, and even tears were falling down my cheeks. I could not believe that I finally sucked it up, and just did it. The moment I know Monique has been patiently, or impatiently, either way, waiting for has finally come.

"I love you," I whisper, kissing her.

"I love you too," she replies and kissed me back. I turned to the camera with a smile, and suddenly her face got red. "David, you didn't!" she squeals, pushing out of my embrace.

"I did," I laugh, going to the camera and smiling wide. "She said yes!"

With that, I shut the camera off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww... :D YES THE ENDING HAS COME! DUN DUN DUN. So rapidly, so oddly positive. >>
Usually my endings are quite, ummm... depressing if you will? <<
Maybe happy endings are real? O.O WHO AM I KIDDING HAHAHA ^-^ this is a story after all. c(:

Next chapter will be a certain sneak peak. ;]

Yes this one left a cliff hanger. Bahaha.