Status: I'm not always OL, so i can't always update my story/stories. i'll try if i'm not busy.

Twin Melody

Chapter 2

No one’s POV

It was a dark stormy night, thunders dance at the dark sky. In a room of a hospital, ‘Sonobe, don’t die on me.’ Madoka thought, locking her eyes to the man who is lying on the hospital bed half conscious. ‘You’re the only link to Kiyotaka-san’s whereabouts.’

“Shino…” finally Sonobe spokes.

“Eh?” Madoka asks surprisingly.

“Shino Seijukan…” as he said it completely, a thunder passed on the window.

“Shi no… Seijukan” Madoka said repeatedly in a shocked expression.
______________________________________________________________________________

Mai’s POV

Madoka called me this morning about what Sonobe said.

*Flashback:

“Hey, Madoka how’s it going?” I said through the phone.

“Sonobe finally spoke.”

This makes me stand up from my chair, “Oh, what about it? Is it about the Blade Children?”
“I don’t know… he said “Shino Seijukan.” Maybe, it is.”

“Shino Seijukan? I don’t know about ‘Shino’ but isn’t ‘Seijukan’ is a house in sacred forest of death?”

“Yes, Mai… Wataya just called and there’s a murder in a house in sacred forest of death. And it turns out that the ‘Seijukan’ Sonobe mention is the home of Shiranagatani Sayoko. Can you come?”

“Of course… I will. I’ll be there in a jiffy.”*

And now, I’m here in the house where the murder happened. Listening to Wataya as he reports from his little notebook.

“The murder victim is the interpreter Adachi Takako-san. Last night, the victim came to this library to look at the books owned by Shiranagatani-san. The cause of death was internal bleeding resulting from a strike to the head. The victim had in one way or another hit her head against the corner of the chair, thus causing her death.”

“At the predicted time of death, 2am, you all stated that you were in your rooms?” Madoka asks.

The suspects are:
Maid – Hatsuyama Reiko
Niece of Shiranagatani – Kei
Granddaughter – Shiranagatani Sayoko
Owner – Shiranagatani Raizou

“I was fast asleep.” was the alibi of Kei.

“It might have been an accident death.” Wataya said quietly between me and Madoka.

“With such evidence left behind?” Madoka asks.

“There’s no way. This is a locked-room murder. Cause if this an accident the victim would not bother to write a dying message.” I said to both of them and point to the floor where a spiral is drawn.

Wataya follows my finger and said, “I see…”

“Who was the first witness?” Finally Madoka asks.

Kei raised her right hand. “Haii, it was me, Kei. But the very first person to arrive at the library this morning was Sayoko-chan, right?” she asks Sayoko who’s staring blankly at the floor.

“Hmm?” Madoka looks at her.

“What did you do when you got here, Sayoko-chan?” I ask her.

Sayoko looks away and said, “It was locked, so I was unable to get in.”

“Is that so…?” I said.

The maid spoke, “Miss Sayoko visits this library every morning before breakfast.”

“You as well?” Madoka asks Kei.

Kei turned to her and said, “I came here, by coincidence, to borrow a book for this morning’s class. Then, I found Sayoko in front of the door to the library, and she said the door was locked, so I peeped through the key hole. I realized that the key hole was blocked by the key from the inside, so
I poked it out with a pen. And then… I saw the body.” She explained.

“Thereafter, you two reported your finding to the maid Hatsuyama Reiko. And Hatsuyama-san opened the door with the master key, is that right?” Wataya asks.

“I have been given the responsibility for all the master keys.” The maid said.

“Are there any other master keys?” Madoka asks.

“No, there are only two.” She answered.

“Who confirmed the death of the victim?” Madoka asks again.

“Haii, it was me.” Kai raised her hand again to answer.

“Then, where were you during that time, Shiranagatani Raizou-san?” Madoka asks.

“I was in my room.” He answered emotionlessly.

‘He’s creepy!’ I thought as I stare at him.

“I reported the incident to the Master only after we were certain of what had happened, as to not cause any agitation to his health.” The maid explained.

“Is there a problem… with your health?” Madoka asks him.

“As you can see from my age…” he explained it to Madoka as I sneak out of the room and call Ayumu.

“Ayumu?” I ask.

“What is it? Do you have any trouble solving the case?” he asks in a teasing tone.

“No… Actually, I’m very close to solving it. I need you to research for me about the Blade Children.”

“What about it?” his tone turned to a serious one.

“Well, about Sonobe said “Shino Seijukan” the Seijukan he refers to is this house. Now, I have this feeling in my gut that Sayoko, well… is one of them. I’m still not sure and that’s what I want you to find out. ”

“I understand. Then, I have to go now.”

“Okay, thanks.”

I put my phone back in my pocket. And head back to the room. Then I saw Madoka holding a key.

“A Warded lock… it’s an additional headache. The metal is stainless steel. And with its complex structure, it’s impossible to copy it.” She said while Wataya is busy searching the box.

“However, the door could have be locked by the inside lever, so it’s strange that the key was ever used.” He said.

“The lever cannot be operated from the outside.” She says as she put the key into the keyhole and tried it. “And in fact, when the key is inserted, its design makes it hard to turn the lever. The perpetrator has successfully created a perfect mi’shitsu murder scene.”

“Mi’shitsu Satsujin.” I said. “A murder scene that is completely sealed, where no access is possible.”

“I see.” Wataya said staring at the key hole.

“And that “Dying Message”…” Madoka motions to the floor.

“What could it mean?” Wataya asks putting his hands on his chin.

“Its interpretation is the key point.” Madoka said answering the question.

“A spiral, huh?” ‘Spiral? Wait, where did I’ve seen this mark before?’ And I notice a book at the
table. “That is…?” I point. Madoka gets the book opened it.

“Oh, that book. It seems to be the last thing the victim was reading. The fingerprint matches the victim.” Wataya suddenly said.

I stand beside Madoka to look over at the book as she flips every page.

“Madoka stop!” I said and point at a mark in the book. “It matches the dying message.”

“You’re right! This is…?” Madoka asks in a shocked face.

“Wataya, gather everyone in the room.” I ordered.

“Yes.” He said leaving the room.

Everyone entered and sit on the couch.

Madoka began to speak, “It’s difficult to state this, but with the flawless security system, the work of an outsider can be ruled out. Hence, the master of this house, Shiranagatani Raizou-san, the granddaughter, Sayoko-san, the cousin, Kei, and the maid, Hatsuyama Reiko-san. This investigation will include each of you as a suspect. Wataya.” She called.

“Yes.” He answers. “The results from the autopsy showed that there was nothing taken from the victim thus theft as the prime reason can be ruled out. In addition, there was no evidence of resistance, hence it could mean that the perpetrator was well known to the victim.” He explained.

“Are you all familiar with the victim’s “Dying Message”?” Madoka asks them. “Just before dying, the victim had left a mark that may help us identify the perpetrator. The spiral mark on the floor near the victim. And this is the last book that was read by the victim. This book contains a mark very similar to the one left by the victim.” Madoka showed them the mark in the book. “this mark translates as “Lightning Gate” and is read as “Rai-Mon”. What do you think?” she closes the book and turns it over so everyone can see the name Collection of Shiranagatani Raizou at the back cover.

“Shiranagatani “Rai-zou” san?” she asks. The old man remains silent.

‘Ayumu, where are you? Please hurry.’

Suddenly, I hear the door opens and seeing Ayumu standing there.

“It’s not a coincidence.” He said.

“Eh?” Madoka asks turning to him.

“It’s the same mark as the one in the book.” He smiled.

“Finally,” I said standing up from the chair and head to him. “What took you so long?” I whisper.

“Sorry.” He said glancing at me.

“Ayumu.” Madoka yelled confused of how he got here.

“You again!” Wataya said surprised.

Then Hiyono popped behind Ayumu and wave her hand, “Sorry for eavesdropping.”

“You again!” Wataya said again.

“This is an official police investigation. You should remain outside.” Madoka said with her stern voice.

“Calm down, Madoka.” I said. “I’m the one who ask him to come here. Now, Ayumu, you were
saying?” I smirk.

“Blade Children…” he said, surprising the old man and Sayoko.

‘Just, like I thought!’

“What are you saying?” Madoka asks.

Ayumu step inside and asks her, “You were concerned about it too, right?”

“Hey, Mai…” she was about to ask me but I cut her off.

“Just listen to him, Madoka. And yes, it’s about it why I called him here.” I said to her.

“You…” Ayumu starts talking to Shiranagatani-san. “…know something, don’t you? Shiranagatani
Raizou, former CEO. Who built up an empire single handedly. Causing quite a stir in the industry when you removed yourself from the public eye, after adopting your granddaughter. Correct?”

“Where did you obtain such information?” Madoka asks Ayumu.

“It was me!” Hiyono exclaim happily which made Madoka to look at her.
Ayumu continue his speech, “And, the previous attempt at Sayoko’s life… and Blade Children… They are not unrelated, are they?”

Shiranagatani-san suddenly stomps his cane, making Kai and Sayoko gasp. “What a disrespectful kid.” He said in an angry tone.

Ayumu just stares at him and walk out of the house.

“Ayumu, thank you.” I smiled. He smiled back.
______________________________________________________________________________

“About the victim, Adachi Takako.” Wataya exclaims. We are at the police station where Madoka works. “She had revealed to her doctor that she would soon obtain a large sum of money.”

“To a doctor?” Madoka asks looking up from her writing.

“She has a heart condition, and regularly suffers from seizures at the slightest thing.” Wataya answered.

“A large sum of money…” Madoka said.

“But where?” I ask.

“Possibly from blackmail.” She answers.

“Could it be from Shiranagatani Raizou?” Wataya asks.

I sigh. ‘There‘s something amiss.’ I walk out and picked up my phone then call Ayumu.

“Hello, Mai.”

“Have you got any leads?”

“Yeah, Sayoko-san came here a few moments ago and told me about her life. I can’t tell you
everything because we’re short of time. She said, “Without my memories, I feel as if I am in a surreal world. As if everything around me is fake.” That’s the last sentence she said.”

“Fake?”

“Yeah. I too felt it. And there’s this unsettling feeling.”

“I have that too. Like there’s something missing. Have you solved it already?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay, where are you?”

“At school.”

“Go to Sayoko’s house and correct Madoka, I think she has the wrong person.”

“Why? Are you not coming?”

“You already figure it out, right? So, you don’t need me, I’ll take a rest for a while.”

“Okay… I'll talk to you later.”

“Yeah, bye!”

I sigh again. I walk back to my penthouse and enter my room. I grab my robe and head to the shower. ‘There is only one truth. That maid, she must have a good reason why she did it. And Ayumu, you’re starting to be like Kiyotaka.’ I smiled.
Once I came out, the doorbell rang. ‘I wonder who…’ I hurry change and I open the door but I found no one only an envelope. I pick it up and confusedly stare at the envelope. I close the door and head for the bed. I open the envelope and there’s a ticket inside. ‘From Eyes Rutherford…huh, he’s only second world class pianist to Kiyotaka… and to think that… ever since he showed up, I became third.' I sigh at the thought. 'Well, “come what may”, tomorrow.’
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally! I just finished it. So, here's chapter 2, enjoy!
DISCLAIMER: i do not own Spiral:Bonds of Reasoning or the other characters but i own my OC(s). Please comment... ^_^