Status: meh

Angelic Demon

chapter 1- casting shadows

The razored edge pierced the skin. A cry sliced right through.

Gasping for air I re-emerged from the depths of insanity. My vision still somewhere between this world and the next. I saw the shadows before I saw the caster: tear stained, shaking, still staring at the recently closed door as he got his breathing under control.
I looked away for a brief second; I then felt the wind being forced from my/his lungs. I turned. His eyes met mine as he fell with no more life running through his veins. . . So how?

My eyes rolled back as my ears pounded with the faint drumming of my heart. Oh god I hate that, it freaks me out, like some people get freaked out by veins or spiders I get freaked out by my own heartbeat. Yeah, weird but I think it’s because I never know if it’s mine or a memory or someone else’s. Sounds strange, doesn't it? Then again not many people find themselves trapped in someone else’s form.
My memory was hazy. Automatically my hand went to my head where I assumed the most likely/ only injury would be, but pain struck my left shoulder instantly as my hand retreated from my head. That’s when my eyes caught a glimpse of the impossible scar. I’m no genius but . . . judging by the depth and width of the scar it must have struck a nerve or something like that. It should be bleeding as it looks new.
As my other hand
reached for the answers - were the cuts actually there or were my eyes playing the tricks they love to play? Ever heard of the expression “I think someone just walked over my grave”? Well that just happened to me. I jerked up quicker than I should have; lost all sense of direction and stumbled towards the nearest wall. Suddenly, I had the urge to run. To run outside. I forced myself off the wall and bolted to the nearest exit. Like you would if there was a fire, but there wasn't, just me.

I’d been running for a good ten minutes when I stopped. A mirage blocked my way. My eyes caught a glimpse of something above me. Shoes. Converses to be precise -red. My head gradually went back to see properly. As my mind slowly caught up, I wondered why my legs were stepping back and why my breathing was uneven. It was almost like I had another, sixth sense. Meanwhile I realised who was hanging from the great oak: Jackie, my guardian .
I looked down and saw that the mirage was in fact a crowd. As I looked more closely, I realised that this was no ordinary crowed. But one of the other. My vision started to blur and I collapsed just as the first one arrived.
♠ ♠ ♠
hay reader thank you for reading xxx
please leave a comment
thank you xxxxxxxx