The Kidnapping of Two Sisters

The Kidnapping of Two Sisters Chapter one

Amelia sat down on the couch after coming home from school. She reached out and grabbed the remote from its place on the coffee table in front of her. She pushed the red button at the top of the remote and the TV flickered on. Amelia looked at the colorful screen with her hazel eyes and sighed when she saw that the news was on, talking about the same thing as it has been for five months, “The Child Taker.”
Ever since this crazy guy started kidnapping young teens and children for almost six months, it's all everyone has been talking about. He has a record of kidnapping about twenty teens and kids each month. The police and everyone else working on the case thinks that he kills the kids he kidnaps, because of the fact that whenever a kid goes missing they are never seen again.
No one knows exactly who the child taker is, all we know about him is that he's a guy and that he is in his early thirties. Somethings about him are really puzzling, like the fact that he kidnaps kids from all over the United States and there is barely any information about him.
But Amelia doesn't care, she thinks that only the “unfortunate kids” get involved in stuff like being kidnapped, and that she's completely safe just because she lives on a Naval Base. She's always thought this, and she probably always will.
Amelia stared blankly at the TV as the news woman kept going on and on about how last night the child taker kidnapped a 16 year old girl named Mary Sofile and her 7 year old brother Anthony. Amelia got aggravated and annoyed with all that kidnapping non-sense on the news and she shut off the television. She then glanced up at the clock above the TV, and she noticed that it was time for her to go pick up her little sister, Katelyn from school. Amelia huffed and trudged over to the coat closet next to the front door.
She turned the knob of the closet door and she pulled the door open, revealing a mess of cluttered shoes on the floor, and horribly hung jackets on the hangers. Amelia yanked a thick, heavy, dark purple jacket off of one of the hangers. Then she put the jacket on, and walked out the front door.
“Crap it's cold!” Amelia thought as she shut her front door behind her as a small gust of wind blew against her. Amelia Started walking towards the wooden gate that lead out to the front yard. Once she reached the gate, she opened it and walked out onto the lawn and she kept walking until she was on the side walk, walking to pick up her little sister from school.