Status: REWRITE. DON'T BE MAD. JUST READ. IT'S BASICALLY THE SAME JUST BETTER.

Somebody That I Used to Know

Only Thing I Know

Daryl immediately recognized Weaver Creek Road as they finally came out of the thick bushes. He couldn’t help but smile proudly to himself. This was now his third successful ‘survival man’ trip and this time he had gotten out of the woods nearby his house.

He turned on his heel and caused Pixie to run into him. She blushed and muttered, “Sorry,” as she quickly took a step back.

“So, Pixie… where do ya live?” Daryl asked.

She looked at him for a moment or two before finally answering. “1-2-3 Bluebird Lane.”

His eyes shot up and he couldn’t stop himself from saying, “Son of a gun! That’s over four miles away!”

Pixie’s teeth sunk into her bottom lip and Daryl saw the intimidation in her hazel eyes as she sunk back, trying to make herself appear smaller. He immediately regretted the outburst because it seemed to have broken the trust Pixie had gathered towards him.

“Err, sorry ya? I – I’m just hungry for dinner…” He said while reaching up to rub the back of his sunburnt neck. Daryl sighed wishing he hadn’t helped but she’s so small and defenseless, he almost felt like it was his responsibility to take care of her. He heaved a sigh.

“Well. We better get moving or we’ll never - ” A car was driving up to them, honking. It parked right beside them on the road, and out jumped a young lady who scooped up Pixie into her arms, and hugged her tightly. The sight of the happy reunion made Daryl’s inside twist and turn with jealousy so he quickly looked away, distracting himself with the way a leaf looked.

“Daisy! I am so happy you’re okay.”

Daryl looked back over and saw that the young lady was staring at him. Her eyes wanted to accuse him of something so he spoke up.

“I, err, found her in the woods, back there -” Daryl pointed in the direction they had just come out of. “While I was lookin’ for frogs.”

“Well thank you very much young man. I can take it from here.”

With that, the young lady put Pixie in the front seat and buckled her up. The Pixie stared at Daryl the entire time and he could still feel her hazel eyes watching him as they drove away, down the road. He stood there, staring at where they had turned off and wondered if he’d ever see the little Pixie again.


___________________________

Right now. Outside of Atlanta, Georgia.


A jolt is sent down my back and I suddenly wake up, eyes wide and ears perked to the sound of people shouting. I’m able to register within a few seconds that the car is still parked behind the RV and that the Holden sisters aren’t back yet.

I open the door and step out, stretching my body out like a cat. Dusk is now upon us and everyone is getting fed up with being forced to sit in their hot cars on the freeway all afternoon. My heartstrings pull as I think about my sister being stuck like me but I quickly push her out of my head as my eyes spot Amy and Andrea heading towards the car.

“It’s crazy up there!” Amy immediately tells me as she climbs into the car and grabs the first thing she sees to chow down on.

“She’s right. It’s absolutely crazy – there’s at least a good forty miles of vehicles and people trying to enter Atlanta right now.” Andrea continues on for her sister.

My eyebrows shoot up in surprise and I ask, “Is there a really bad accident or something?”

Andrea shrugs, “I don’t know! We only got about five miles or so in before an army officer told us to start getting back in our cars.”

“An army officer! That’s crazy. Do you think there’s a terrorist attack on us?”

“Could be.” Amy finally butts in with her mouth full of dill pickle chips.

Andrea isn’t so quick to agree with her sister. “I don’t think that’s quite it, Amy – don’t get me wrong, it’s something big... but a terrorist attack?”

“Andrea they shut down international and domestic flights! They haven’t done that since 9/11.” Amy says.

Andrea looks at the younger blonde, surprised. She retorts back, “And since when do you know anything about 9/11? You were just a kid.”

Amy is about to reply when an army truck drifts by the massive traffic jam with an alarm sounding from the speakers. It does not stop as the alarm stops and announces, “Please get back into your cars and remain inside until further notice.”

The voice repeats itself several times and continues on as the alarm starts again. Andrea and I glance at each other apprehensively, worry etched upon both our faces. In that single look we both hastily climb back into the car and lock the doors as soon as they are shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I had this written up on like Monday but my Microsoft Word disappeared from my macbook and now I have to reinstall because I accidentally deleted something, blah blah blaahhhh. So I used google docs so there might be mistakes here and there but I reread it so hopefully its not that bad! Anywhooooo... leave me some comments? recommend it maybe?! yes please!