Decadent Blood Scents

The Route

The man in the white hat rounded a corner and caught a doctor and guard having a smoke break. He pointed the pistol at the guard and fired off one shot. It hit him in the throat severing his voice box and spraying a poster with blood. The doctor turned to run but was to slow another shot hit him in the left cheek. His tongue was severed as the bullet lodged itself in his right jaw.

He fired another shot that impacted the doctor in his temple. Blood and brain spewed out the side of his head and covered the white linoleum floor. The man in the white hat continued his path to find the exit. A man in blue went to run past but he caught him and threw him against a wall.

He placed the smoking gun beneath the mans jaw and calmly said in a questionable manner "Exit?" and pulled the hammer back. The man in blue pointed behind the man in the white hat. He turned to look and as he did his finger slipped. The gun went off and the man in blue's head looked like a sprinkler of blood followed by bits of brain and skull.

He looked into the dead mans face and laughed. Dropping the dead man in blue to the ground he walked towards the exit. It was now cold outside, the rains had stopped leaving fog and cold in its place. His Buick sat next to a black van with tinted windows. He walked towards his vehicle gun in one hand, head bag in other.

He placed the gun in his pocket and opened the door. A smell of putrefied death hit his nose and he remembered the targets head in the back seat. He retrieved the freezer bag and looked closely at it. The head in side was deteriorating quickly. It was more skeletal now and some of the flesh had become more like a cherry jelly. The black tar settled to the bottom as the flesh jelly was on top and the head lay in between the layers.

He threw the head back into the car and the other bag of heads along with it. He put the keys in the ignition and cranked the car. It sputtered a bit and then backfired, echoing in the vacant lot. He pulled out and started down the street. He headed north as street lights danced of the green paint of his Buick. He pushed hard on the gas pedal wanting to get home quicker so he wouldn't have to smell the rotting head in the back seat.

He remembered his phone was somewhere on the floor of the passengers seat. He reached for it with his right hand and steered with his left. He found everything but what he was looking for. He found lighters, matches, a finger, an old fast food burger wrapper, part of the burger, an eye, and a baseball stained with blood. He leaned further and found his prize just as he hit something red and fleshy with antlers.

The impact destroyed the cars front and made his head eat the radio and ac vent. He was out cold as blood poured from his head. His left hand had been wrapped around the steering wheel and had shattered three of his fingers. Two ribs were broken by the gear shift and one slightly protruded from his skin. Outside something large and angry shrieked breaking the silence.