Stole My Heart

01

"Simone! Hurry up girl, we're going to be late for the concert."

I stood in my bathroom, staring into the mirror at my reflection. The tap was leaky, and the only noise, other than my best friend Casey's persistent hollering, was the water dripping into the basin below it. It was nearing four in the afternoon, and the concert that I was certain would change my life was starting in a mere three hours.

"Simone!"

"I'm coming!" I shouted back. I heard Casey grumbling, and then her stomping heavily down the stairs.

"I'll be in the car. Hurry!" She called, and I heard the door open and close. I took another once over at my reflection; dirty blond hair, hanging just below my shoulder and hazel eyes. My hair didn't hang perfectly straight, and had some random curls here and there. I puffed it up with my hands, touched up my lipstick and deemed myself ready.

When I got outside, Casey was sitting behind the wheel of her Jeep Wrangler, tapping the steering wheel and banging her head to her favourite song, I Want by One Direction. The band we just so happened to be heading off to see. I slid into the car next to her and she put it into drive.

"What took you so long?" She asked as we pulled onto the street outside my house. I shrugged.

"I have to look good." I said, grinning at her. She rolled her eyes. Casey wasn't one to care about what she looked like; her black hair was up in a ponytail and she had barely any make up on.

"Sim, it's not like we're going to meet them." She said, focusing her eyes on the road.

"Don't jinx it!" I exclaimed. She laughed and nodded, her ponytail bobbing.

"Right. Sorry. Anything could happen." She said. I nodded.

"Exactly. Anything could happen."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our seats weren't bad; we had failed to get floor seats, but Casey's mother secured us with the next section up in the third row. We sat down in seats five and six, and my legs bobbed up and down in excitement.

"I'm so excited." I said grinning. Casey was just as excited as I was.

"So am I! I'll be able to see my baby Niall in person." She said, clapping her hands together. I laughed at her happiness.

"And just think, after the concert we're driving straight to my moms beach house." I said. Casey clapped again.

"I honestly am the most excited person ever. This concert is the start of the best week of my life, I guarantee it." She said. I nodded my agreement.

"I just really wish we could meet them." I said, frowning. She pushed the edges of my mouth upwards.

"Turn that frown upside down! We're at a freaking One Direction concert, for goodness sake, smile a bit!" Casey said. I smiled weakly and nodded. I looked at the clock on my phone at the exact same time that the lights went out. Casey squealed and jumped up, myself following suit as the crowd began to chant.

"One Direction! One Direction! One Direction!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That was the most amazing night of my life!" Casey said, spinning in circles as we walked towards the car. The concert had been incredible; the boys performed just as well as we had expected them to. Unfortunately, they came and went faster than I would have liked and, although my eyes were scouring through the darkness for a glimpse of Louis' stripes or Harry's curls, the boys were no where to be found. We would not be meeting them tonight.

"I'm starving." Casey said as we got into her car. I laughed.

"When aren't you starving?" I said. She shrugged, smiling at me.

"That's why Niall and I are perfect for each other." She said. I laughed and nodded my head.

"Let's stop at a McDonald's then, shall we?" I said. She agreed and started off towards the nearest burger joint. The drive through was almost out onto the road, and neither of us wanted to wait in that, so Casey pulled into a parking spot just outside. I went to unbuckle my seat belt when Casey swore loudly.

"What?" I asked, looking at her. She was staring into the building intently. I followed her eyes, and my stomach flipped. Sitting in a booth, chewing on burgers and ignoring the clicking of cameras, was Niall Horan, Zayn Malik and Liam Payne.

"I'm dreaming." Casey said. "Don't pinch me." She got out of the car, and I followed suit.

"Act cool." I muttered under my breath. She nodded weakly, and we walked inside. The three boys heads turned towards the door as it opened, and my breath caught in my throat as my eyes connected with Liam's. He smiled faintly and turned away. I started to keep walking, but bumped right into Casey.

"What-" I looked to where she was staring, and found Niall staring just as intently back at her. I nudged her slightly. She snapped out of it, sending a flirty smile to Niall and then leading me towards the counter.

"You just had eye sex with Niall Horan." I muttered in her ear. She nodded, her cheeks pinker than usual and ran a hand through her bangs that hung on her forehead. "That was amazing." I said. She nodded grinning. "Now where's Harry?" I said, frowning. She laughed.

"Probably having sex with Louis in the back of the bus." We laughed at her joke as we stepped up to the counter, ordering our food. When the lady asked if we were having it for here, or to go, Casey looked at me. I shrugged.

"It's for here please." She said. I giggled as we waited for the food. When our order arrived, we headed over to a booth, trying not to sit too close or too far away from the boys. We ended up sitting a couple tables away and to the right of them.

"So let's just chat and pretend like we don't even notice them?" Casey said, chomping down on one of her fries. I laughed and nodded. Our glee was cut short when suddenly, the three boys got up. They chatted loudly as they carried their garbage to the trash can and then left the building. Niall glanced back once more at Casey as they left, and then they were gone.

"Seriously? What a buzzkill." Casey said, shaking her head. I nodded, agreeing, but didn't feel as disappointed as she did. Harry wasn't there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The gravel crunched under the tired of the jeep as I slowly pulled into the driveway; the beach house loomed in front of me. It took about four hours to drive here, including stops. We hadn't left the McDonald's until around midnight, so it was around 4am when I pulled up. Casey and I had switched driving roles about an hour and a half ago. She was currently snoring in the seat next to me. I nudged her awake and she sat up with a start.

"We're here." I said, pulling the keys from the ignition and sliding out of the car. We spent the next ten minutes pulling our suitcases out of the car, heading up to the house and putting our stuff down. It wasn't the largest house in the world; the kitchen and living room were sort of one, and a small hallway lead to two rooms and a bathroom. It was quaint, and I loved it.

"I'm not tired." I said to Casey. She grumbled in reply, and I watched her wheel her suitcase into one of the bedrooms. The door fell shut behind her, and I was alone.

I had drank two cups of coffee in the time that I was driving to keep awake, so I was still running on the buzz from that. I locked the front door of the house, slipped a jacket on over my romper, and stepped out onto the back porch. The wind had picked up, so my hair started to fly around in it. I wrapped it securely on top of my head in a bun, and headed down towards the beach, where the waves were going crazy. My toes fell deep into the sand, so I reached down and unhooked my sandals. I threw them up onto the porch and started my walk.

It was about three houses down the beach that I started to hear the yelling. As I got closer, I saw four or five figure, I couldn't tell, running around in the water and on the sand. I raised my eyebrows at the teenagers, and put it in my mind that I would be walking around them.

But as I got closer, there was no mistaking the brown haired boy in the plaid shirt, sitting on the sand and watching the fun. Suddenly, my mind was battling. I couldn't fully convince myself to talk to him, and the more logical part of my mind told me to walk right past. A few seconds later, I realized I had stopped about ten feet from the male, and he was looking straight at me with an unsure smile on his face. I couldn't very well just walk past now.

"Hi." I said lamely. He chuckled a bit and waved.

"Hello." He said. I cleared my throat.

"I don't mean to be a bother, but are you Liam Payne?" I asked. He nodded his head, smiling a bit.

"I am, and who might you be?" He asked. My voice caught in my throat.

"I'm Simone." I stuttered out. He stood up and held out his hand. I shook it, praying my hands weren't as sweaty as they felt.

"What a beautiful name." Our eyes both turned to the figure of Louis Tomlinson, who had jogged up next to him. "I'm Louis." I grinned and nodded.

"Hello." I said, scolding myself for not saying something more witty.

"Sit with us." Liam said, gesturing to the sand.

"She probably doesn't want to get her pretty romper dirty, do you darling? No, of course not, here you go then." Louis pulled off his maroon sweater and laid it out on the sand. I gaped at him for a moment, before I set myself gently on top of it. My heart was beating like crazy. "There you go."

"Thanks." I said, smiling at him. Smarten up, Simone. They're just boys. I scolded myself, and send him a slightly more confident grin.

"Who's this lovely girl?" From my internal battle, I didn't notice the third male who came up in front of me. I looked up and my eyes met the brown ones of Zayn Malik, a smirk upon his face.

"Well this is Simone. She's sitting on my sweater." Louis said, sounding rather proud of himself. I laughed.

"What he said." Zayn sat himself down in front of us, and leaned back on his elbows. We heard a shout, and we looked towards the water where the final two boys that made up my favourite band who splashing. The curly haired boy had the blond thrown of his shoulder and was running deeper into the water.

"Don't you dare, Harry!" Niall screamed.

"Ignore them." Louis said. I turned my attention back to the three boys, wishing Harry Styles would come join us.

"Do you have a house here?" Liam asked. I nodded.

"My mom inherited the beach house from her parents. Me and my friend Casey are here for the next week. That's our house there." I said, pointing towards the house I had walked out of.

"Oh that's brilliant! This is our managers house here. We needed some time off, so we're here for the next week as well." Zayn said. I grinned.

"That's great. You guys probably deserve a day off." I said. They all nodded, voicing their agreement.

"Harry, come here! The boys have found us some company." I looked up to find Niall jogging towards me, yelling over his shoulder at Harry who was still in the water, crouching and staring into it. As Niall reached us, his hand shot into the water. It came up empty handed. I raised my eyebrows, and looked at Niall who sat down next to Zayn.

"Hello!" He said brightly. I grinned.

"Hello. I'm Simone." I said.

"I'm Niall." I laughed and nodded.

"I know. I'm a huge fan." I said.

"Oh you are? Why didn't you say so before!" Louis exclaimed. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I just assumed you didn't need another teenage girl throwing herself at you." I said. They all nodded, agreeing.

"Too right we don't. Harry! Come on mate, meet the girl!" Louis said, calling the last part out towards the boy who was still in the water. He turned his head at Louis' voice and nodded. My heart started to beat a fair bit faster as he came out of the water and jogged up towards us. As he reached us, he flipped his wet hair out of my eyes and I let out an involuntary squeak which, thankfully, only Louis heard. He smirked at me and my cheeks started to heat up. I sent him a little glare and he stuck his tongue out in return.

"Real mature, Louis." I said, rolling my eyes. He grinned.

"Simone, this is Harry. Harry, this is Simone. She's here for the week as well. That's her house there." Louis pointed to the house I had previously shown him. But Harry was looking at me, not the house. His lips had a small smile on them, and I held his gaze as confidently as I could, although my stomach was flipping.

"I think they're having a moment." Niall muttered to Zayn, which snapped me out of my trance. I shook my head and held out my hand. Harry grinned wider and took it in his. His hand was soft, and I found myself praying once again that my hands weren't sweaty. Harry sat himself down beside Niall, and we had created a little bit of a circle.

"Okay, I've really been wanting to say this since I first saw Liam on the beach, but I didn't want to because you said that you guys just needed to get away." I said.

"Well go on, say it then." Louis said, nudging me with his shoulder. I nodded.

"I was actually at your concert tonight. And I wanted to say that you guys were fantastic. I'm pretty much your biggest fan." I said. They all laughed.

"Well thank you! You don't seem like a big fan. Normally fans are falling all over the place." Liam said. I laughed.

"I would be, but I'm desperately trying to hold my composure. I've almost convinced myself that this is all a dream." I said.

"Would you like me to pinch you?" Louis asked, smiling cheekily. I giggled and shook my head.

"No thank you. If this is a dream, I'd like to sleep forever." I said, grinning widely and my cheeks going pink once more. A snore interrupted the boys laughter. We all looked towards Zayn, who had his head in his hand and had apparently fallen asleep. I giggled as the other four rolled their eyes.

"This happens all the time." Louis explained.

"I feel the same way, actually. I've been driving for hours, it seems." I said, and as if on que, I had to stifle a yawn with my hand. My eyes fell closed, and I licked my lips when the yawn was over.

"She's like a little kitten!" Harry exclaimed, speaking to me for the first time. The boys burst into laughter as my cheeks went pink, and Zayn awoke with a start.

"She is, isn't she?!" Louis exclaimed. They all voiced their agreement as my cheeks went even pinker, if possible.

"Stop! Ahh, you're making me blush." I said, trying to hide my cheeks.

"Why don't you go to bed then, kitten." Harry said, his eyes twinkling.

"I believe you've gotten yourself a new nickname, thanks to Harry." Louis said, but my eyes were locked on Harry's. His cheeks slowly went pink, and I giggled before standing up.

"It's my bed time, boys. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow." I said. I lifted my hand in a wave and started back towards my house.

"Bye Simone!" The boys called, following by a very distinct, "Bye kitten!" from Harry. I grinned and stepped up the porch, gathering my shoes in my hand and disappearing inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Part one!
It's a little choppy, but I hope you like it so far.
I promise it'll get better !
xx