Stole My Heart

03

"Well it's definitely a sea urchin sting." I flinched slightly as the doctor messed around with the cut on my back.

"Who would have thought; Louis was right." Casey said. I giggled and then gasped a bit as a sharp pain shot through my back.

"What time is it?" I asked as I felt the doctor bandaging me up. Casey glanced at her phone.

"Almost six. If we leave soon, we can get home in time to take a shower and get ready." She said. I nodded.

"All done. Now, how long are you guys planning to be staying at the beach for?" Doctor Shay asked.

"About a week." I said. He frowned. "Is that going to be a problem or...?" I asked worriedly.

"Not if you make sure to change the bandage at least twice a day. And wear the plastic seal bandages I'm going to give you when you're going swimming. And please, don't get stung by any more urchins." He said. I grinned as I took the first aid kit he handed me and hopped down off the table.

"No promises. Thank you." I said, shaking his hand. I slipped my shirt back over my bathing suit, and we headed out the door.

The drive back was relatively silent as I examined the bandages the doctor had given me.

"I think I may actually try and look nice tonight." Casey said. I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Case, you always look nice." I muttered, peeling back the sticky part of the bandage then putting it back on.

"Not as nice as you. You actually try, you know? Niall's never going to like me if I keep dressing like a hobo." She said. I rolled my eyes.

"You look like an awesome hobo." I said. She stuck her tongue out at me as we pulled into the driveway, and I grinned. The clock read 6:30 and I had just enough time to take a quick shower and get ready. We headed indoors, and I had Casey put a plastic cover on my back before I jumped into the shower. The water felt good and it washed the sand that was still stuck in my hair down the drain. After taking about ten minutes under the flow of warm water, I got out and dried off. I headed out of the bathroom, and Casey hurried in after me. I giggled and walked into our room.

I pushed my suitcase open and kneeled down in front of it. I picked out some underclothes to wear, and stood up, letting the towel drop to the ground.

"Hey Simone, I was just wondering where - OH MY GOD." I spun around to see Zayn standing in the doorway, eyes on my naked body, looking shocked. I screamed and pulled the towel up in front of me.

"GET OUT!" I screamed.

"Okay!" He yelled back, and slammed the door behind him. I stood in silence for a moment, taking in the awkwardness, and then shook it off, hoping he hadn't seen too much, but knowing he did. I put it out of my mind and slipped into my underwear.

"What's with the screaming?" Casey asked, walking into the room, toweling off her long hair. I explained what had happened to her and she laughed loudly.

"Too funny. Okay, do you want the bathroom or shall I take it?" She asked. I shrugged, showing I didn't care, and she rolled her eyes. "I'll take it then." She gathered her stuff, and disappeared once more. I pulled out my makeup bag, straightener and blow dryer and slid into the chair that sat in front of the vanity my father had made for me when I was younger.

I blew my hair dry first, and then took a few minutes to decide what I wanted to do with my hair. I ended up just straightening it and placing a few curls here and there to make it look interesting. When I was done with my hair, I glanced at the clock and saw it was now 7:15. I started on my makeup, opting to go with a more natural look. My skin was naturally clear, so I didn't need much foundation. I swiped some pink eyeshadow onto my eyelids and decorated my lips with some clear gloss.

After I had approved my hair and makeup, I headed back over to my suitcase to pick an outfit. Casey and I had discussed going to a nice restaurant in town, but I didn't know if the boys knew. As I stood their deciding if I should go talk to them, Casey walked in. I turned to face her, and my eyebrows flew up.

"You look fantastic." I said, grinning. She smiled and did a little spin for me. She had taken her waist length hair and put it into soft ringlets. She pinned the sides back and her bangs gently framed her face. She wasn't wearing any makeup except for a bit of mascara, as she really didn't need it. I took in her outfit and grinned.

"Thanks love, but you're the stunning one here." She said, winking at me. I rolled my eyes and turned back to my suitcase.

"I hope the boys just assume we're going somewhere nice." I commented, pulling out a couple dresses.

"Oh I went to get a drink in the middle of doing my hair and found Zayn sitting awkwardly in the living room. He said the boys sent him over to figure out where we were going, but he didn't want to intrude on you again, so I told him to dress nice and sent him on his way." Casey said, grinning as she sat down on the bed. I giggled and nodded.

"Oh good." I looked at the dressed laid out on the bed, trying to decide which one.

"That one, for sure." Casey said, pointing at a the dress I had been leaning towards as well. I thanked her and slipped it on. After adjusting my hair and makeup and slipping on a pair of shoes, I was ready.

"Just flawless. Okay, lets go." I followed Casey out into the living room to find the five boys strewn throughout the room. "Oh please guys, make yourself at home." Casey said sarcastically. Niall looked up from where he was raiding the fridge, Zayn put down the TV remote, and Harry pulled his feet off the table. I giggled.

"Sorry." Harry said sheepishly, grinning at me. I smiled back.

"I tried to tell them, but they never listen to me." Liam said, shaking his head.

"Thanks Liam." I said, winking at him. He grinned.

"So where are we going? Zayn said Casey just said to look nice." Niall said. And look nice, they did. They were each wearing something that suited them exactly; Louis was wearing a nice pair of maroon trousers, a white dress shirt, a maroon tie and some black braces were strapped on. Niall was wearing a suit jacket over a navy blue polo and some nice black slacks. Zayn was dressed in a collared shirt, with only the top button done up. Harry was sporting a gray blazer over top of a white shirt and a pair of nice pants. Liam was dressed in a white dress shirt and a gray vest and some gray pants.

"Casey and I know a nice restaurant just a short drive from here. It's got really great food." I explained.

"I like the sound of any kind of food right now, I'm starving." Niall said, taking a chunk out of an apple he found in the fridge. Casey giggled and he blushed slightly.

"Let's go then!" Louis said, and we started to file out the door.

"Shall we, Kitten?" Harry asked, sticking out his arm for me to take. I blushed and nodded, slipping my hand through the crook of his arm and he led me out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The drive to the restaurant took longer than expected due to large amounts of traffic, but Casey was able to get us there in just under half an hour with her crazy driving. I was squished in the very back seat between Louis and Harry, my arm still entwined with the latter. Niall was holding on for dear life in the passenger seat, and Liam's eyes were shut tightly in the middle, next to Zayn.

"Does she always drive like this?" Harry muttered in my ear as his thumb started to gently stroke mine. My cheeks went pink.

"Always." I said back, grinning at his nervous face. But she got us there safe and sound, and we were headed into the restaurant in no time. The host sat us down at a table in the far corner, behind a wall. I had a feeling he did it on purpose so the boys wouldn't be noticed, although people had already started staring. I placed myself between Niall and Liam on one side of the table. Harry sat directly across from me, Casey next to him, in front of Niall, and Louis on his other side. Zayn sat at the head of the table. After the host handed us our menus, took our drink orders, and walked away, the table fell silent as we looked over the various foods they had.

"What are you getting?" I said to Liam. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"I'm not quite sure yet, actually. Most likely the steak." I nodded. My eyes were set on the pastas.

We waited a couple minutes for our drinks. And then a couple minutes turned into five. And then ten. Our waitress was no where to be found.

"I'll go to the bar and just order us some then." I said, standing up.

"I'll help you." Harry said. I smiled as we both walked into the bar area and leaned against the counter.

"Are you having fun?" I asked Harry, making small talk. He grinned and nodded.

"It's a really nice place." He said. I nodded, agreeing. The bartender came up, and I told her our drink orders. She hurried to go make them, giving Harry a double take. He winked at her and she blushed. I giggled.

"What are you getting?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"Probably a burger. And you?" I told him I was leaning towards the penne pasta.

"It looks delicious." I explained. He nodded his head.

"Hey, Simone, I was just wondering. If you wanted to, we could maybe go out for dinner tomorrow night, just us t-" At that moment, a high pitched scream floated across the bar. I spun around to see about ten girls standing in the entrance of the restaurant, one of them pointing at Harry. "Oh shit." He muttered, and ran. I squished myself up against the counter as the girls flashed by me, in pursuit of Harry. I followed quickly and saw the end of Niall's coat disappear out the back door, followed quickly by the girls. Casey was sitting at the table still, laughing hysterically. I trudged over and sat next to her.

"That was brilliant." She said, dabbing at her eyes with a napkin. I rolled my eyes at her, and crossed my arms. "What's wrong with you?" She asked. I sighed.

"I think Harry was going to ask me on a date. But then those girls started screaming, so he didn't get to finish." I said grumpily. She patted my back.

"Well if he wanted to ask you, he most likely will ask again. Just wait until tomorrow." At that moment, the waitress came with a tray loaded with drinks. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Perfect timing." I muttered under my breath as Casey explained what had happened. The waitress left us our drinks, and brought the others back to the kitchen.

"I guess it's just us now." Casey said, sending me a grin. I smiled back, for her sake, and clanked my glass against her raised one. I couldn't help wishing it was Harry's glass instead.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize profusely for the shittiness of this chapter. It will get better, I promise.
I hope you liked it regardless !
Don't be a silent reader pleaseeee hehehe.
xx