Escape

Uno

“Vanna, you're going to hurt yourself.”

“Does it look like I give a fuck?” Gerard laughed.

“No.” Vanna smiled.

“Exactly.”

Gerard and Vanna were at the park, walking the streets. She was walking along the top of a tall brick wall, a cigarette between her bright red lips, while Gerard walked on the sidewalk.

“If you fall, I'm not going to feel sorry for you,” he told her. She was quiet for a minute.

“Just let me enjoy our twenty minutes of freedom,” she said. “You know they're going to find us soon.”

“And you're gonna be fucked when they see that cigarette.”

“I'll blame it on you.”

“Yeah, because I'm the one wearing bright red lipstick,” he muttered sarcastically. “Where did you get that, anyway?”

“Um, my friend brought it for me the other day when she came to visit me. She's always been into makeup or whatever-”

“I meant the cigarette. I figured they would've figured out you've hidden a pack by now.”

Vanna jumped down from the wall effortlessly. She smirked at her friend devilishly.

“I have my sources.”

“Beth's gonna kill you.”

The pair turned the corner to see a very disappointed nurse in their way, her hands on her hips.

“This is the second time you've gotten out this week,” Beth pointed out. Gerard was silent. He didn't like getting into trouble. “And where did you manage to find that cigarette, Ms. Oliver?”

“Out of the security guard's pocket. He left a pack right in his back pocket,” she replied simply before taking another drag. She then let it fall to the ground and put it out with the bottom of her shoe.

“I better not catch you guys leaving again, you got me?” They both nodded and followed Beth back to the hospital.

“Ooo, Gee got in trouble,” Vanna sang teasingly. Gerard glared at her.

“Thanks to you and your reckless escapes.” She smiled proudly.

“They aren't reckless escapes. They're just little adventures.”

“We aren't supposed to leave the hospital until treatment's over. You know that.” Vanna leaned in close to Gerard and put her face to his ear.

“A little sunshine never hurt anyone.”
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! I'm excited, guys.