Whenever...

Moving on...

I guess you could say that life went on. Well why wouldn't it? I didn't just die there and then, all because of some pigeon! And just so you know, I was never the kind of girl who'd scream and rage about that fact that 'my life is SOOO over cause Scott dumped me!'Ohhhhhhh no, I liked to keep that to myself. But that didn't stop me from screaming at anyone who came to question me about it. But I came to realise that as heartbroken as I was, I couldn't mope around forever, and so I busied myself by signing up for every extra-cirricular activity I thought i'd enjoy. You see... When I was with Scott, my life was practically perfect. We were LITERALLY in everything together, from debating, to band, to musicals.... you name it! But yet, for some reason we always found time to ourselves. Now? I didn't want to 'get busy' just because i knew scott would. no. I wanted to concentrate on everything else so it would make me forget about him. But did that work? NO. 'Cause Fate decided that we would be in everything together..... AGAIN

"So..." Stacey started, "How are you feeling today?"
"Good, Great... I dunno" I muttered, not really wanting to talk.
"Awesome" she relpied, un-enthusiastically. "Where do you wanna sit for lunch?"
"Oh... I dunno... anywhere... You choose" I said automatically.
Eventually we settled on a dry spot shadowed by a Pohutakawa tree. It was a warm summers day and everything seemed just right, The temperature, the sounds... everything. And yet it was still extremely awkward for both of us even though we'd known each other for yonks.
Seeing there was nothing much to talk about, Stacely causually reached in her bag, then laid back to read the College Newspaper while I slowly dropped into a deep slumber........

.........I'm running again, running in a never ending corridor with nothing in sight except for myself. I seem to only want to go forward and whenever I stop to rest, I feel this irresistable urge to hastily start running agin, even if it is to nowhere. and So i take off, once again gaining speed as each second passes. And then, as sudden as before, I see him.
'Scott! Scott!' I call 'What are you doing here?'
He turns round as if he's heard me, but I know he hasn't. The moonlight shines on his sweet handsome face, making it pale. So pale I get terrified just watching. But I don't turn around. As his soft talented hands reach up to brush the hair from his face, My gaze turns to his eyes. They are Petrified, like those of a frightened rabbit. Amazed, I continue to stare. I had never ever seen him like this before. I'm so entranced with how scared he looks, and wondering why he's so afriad, that I hardly notice the ceiling beginning to collapse. Slowly a rumble, and then a crash and then there's nothing but dust settling down on the mess.
Instinctively, I rush down to my knees, choking on the debris and if possible, my own tears.
'Scott!' I call 'Scott! where are you?'
no answer... I knew there wouldn't be on.
I kept digging, clearing away piles of rock with nothing but my bare hands.
'Scott! please answer me!' I call again, desperate now. 'I know you're still alive!'
Still nothing.
I continued to dig and call out, but the result was still nothing and at last, I collapsed, exhausted with blood all over my hands... crying and crying and crying......................


....."Omg!" squealed Stacey "Hel, wake up, wake UP!"
"uhhhh wha-?" I asked, stunned and confused
"The musical! West side story!" she gabbled excitedly "You got in! you're one of the lead roles! You're... you're.... MARIA"
"umm..." I managed to make a sound in between her rushed info overload.

"As you all may know, We have already held auditions for the musical, West Side story.." She began to read.
"..The people playing the lead roles are listed below, But first, a bit about the musical. West Side story is most commonly known as the more modern version of Shakespear's Romeo & Juliet. It's about Anthony, the protoganist who is forbidden to love Maria because she is of a different race, but of course he does, in the end. The musical is moving, romantic and full of laughter, which is why we have chosen to do it for this year's musical."

"I don't believe it." I managed to say "I mean, I've only ever been what? make up? costumes? maybe even lighting? or music! I was only in the chorus last year cause of a fluke! How the hell did I end up getting a lead role?"
"What? you don't believe this?" Stacey teased.
"Of course I don't! It's a mis-print!"
"We'll see about that." she replied. Then without warning, she gathered up our stuff in 2 seconds flat and dragged me, literally, down to the notice board where another copy of the names were listed.
I quickly scanned the list to see with my own eyes, still not believeing any of it. But strangely enough, it wasn't my name which caught my attention. It was Scott's. Scott's name next to 'Anthony'
"Stacey!" I practically screamed. "Come here! NOW"
"what is it?"
"Who is Anthony in the musical?" I ask, dreading the answer.
"well..." she answered "I believe Tony is the main character, the guy who falls in love with Maria..? Why?"
I must have looked so retarded there and then standing with my mouth open in horror. And stacey, seeing my astonishment, Rushed to look at the list herself before double checking with the Newspaper. We exchanged looks of deep understandings.
"Well.." she said, attempting to comfort me. ".. At least its only acting"
But even though I knew she was right, I still couldn't help thinking what the hell I'd gotten myself into. I really really wanted that part of Maria! But why the HELL did SCOTT have to be anthony? there were a million other guys to choose from! why SCOTT? ARGH If I pulled out, all the teachers would hate me, not to mention my mother. And they'd have to run auditions for Maria again. It would be way to much trouble.

I groaned. "What the hell am I supposed to do?"