Whenever...

Pressure..

Of course.. being the main character in a musical which was a loved classic and still is, isn't easy.. especially when you're trying so hard NOT to fall in love with your fellow actor you're supposed to love on set. And being prodded about your social life from your parents isn't all that helpful either...

"Helen!" Mum called from the kitchen...
"Uhhh Yep?" I answered.. trying to 'cheer-ify my attitude' as much as possible
"Could you please come down here a moment and actually do some homework instead of always sticking your nose in that script?"
"But mum!" I whined. "It's WEST SIDE STORY! like basically the most well known musical.. ever!"
"Darling, I realise that" She called back down, in a softer tone, if that was even possible, "But your school work needs to have some priority as well."

I shifted uncomfortably on my seat in guilt.. I had been a bit slack in class.. But still.. its not as if I'd failed a subject or anything.

"Helen! Do I make myself clear?" Mum's shrill voice interrupting my thoughts, "Your school work is important too!"
"Yeah, yeah," I muttered.
Its just hard when every single goddamned adult in this world is making you put their subject as First Priority

I fell asleep fast that night being as knackered and busy as I was... Scott being 'Tony' in the musical, had inspired me so much I had resorted into reciting a line 10 times before bed so I could remember. But as I lay there repeating that one sentance, I knew once again that I would have another nightmare filled night. And of course.. I was right.

I had the dream again last night, but I've been having it more than usual and it's officially freaking me out because I can't do anything about it. It was like watching him die over and over again and I always wake up sobbing. But I knew I couldn't tell anyone cuz they'd just think i've gone mad or loony or something. Sometimes I even wonder what is really happening to me.

Well I continue to concentrate on the musical but I stuck to the deal with Mum. I worked hard in school as well, and when progress reports came out, she squealed so high it actually gave me goosebumps.
"Honey! I'm SO proud of you!!" She gave me a hug
"Uh thanks Mom," I replied, embarrassed. Well what was I supposed to do?
"Straight A's Helen!!! That's Unbelieveable!!"
"Oh gee thanks, mother, glad to see the confidence you had in me" I joked.
She just laughed and went back to cooking dinner. I swear I haven't seen her that happy in years, And I ALWAYS get good reports. Not trying to brag or anything...
But I did see her point, I mean... this year, the workload has increased by LOADS, I'd been getting homework every single night, of god knows how many subjects. Not to mention the scripts to learn for West Side Story, the dancing practice, singing, acting.. and the actual rehearsals which take up so much time...
I feel quite proud of myself actually.... I survived!!!!