Whenever...

The New GUY

"Premonitions?" I asked, not sure what they were, but vaguely familiar-ish with the word.
"Yeah, Premonitions" Stacey confirmed. Then, seeing my dazed face, she explained. "So it's basically like, What you've been dreaming about is somehow going to happen."
She paused, allowing me some time to digest. "And some time soon, considering the frequency these dreams have been coming back to you, lately."
I was still confused, i mean, when and how in my way-too-goody-good-life had i acquired the ability to have prenomitions?
"So..." I finally said, after a long period of time, "does this mean i'm Phsycic?"
"Well I'm not sure to be honest," Stacey said, twirling her hair in thought, "I mean, I don't think you can choose what you have your premonitions about, like how phsycics can choose to see what they want in a crystal ball."
"But then again, you might develop the ability to.." she added quickly.
I turned away, lost in thought, I was more shocked than scared, not like those weird people you read about in sci-fiction novels who randomly get told of their 'powers' or whatever...
Would I have to go to an institute? Would the government make me or something? would I have to keep this quiet so I don't get abducted and tested in a laboratory?

I turned back to Stacey, filled with hundreds and thousands of questions, still left unanswered.
But instead of working on her composition like everyone else, she was scribbling away, frantically on a piece of parchment with a feather quill.
"Uh Stace?" I asked, Raising an eyebrow, "What are you doing?"
"Huh?" she quipped, confused, then, seeing me eyeing the quill, she quickly tried to hid it with the parchment, underneath the layers of manuscript paper which was scattered between the desks. But it was too late, I'd already grabbed the parchement and began skimming through it.

* Three pieces of cat fur
* 10 drops of dew on a spring morning
* 2 rose petals
*about 5 scoops of mud/top soil.


It was some kind of recipe, no wait, it couldn't be a recipe, recipes didn't require cats fur or drops of dew on a spring morning. It was.... It was..... omg it was a spell!!!
I looked back up at Stacey, even more confused than ever, but she just sat there, lips tight.
She wasn't even angry or anything, just guilty.
"Stacey is there something you're hiding from me?" I asked, choosing my words carefully.
She hesitated before answering, "Um, Can I tell you later?" Her eyes were pleading me to say yes.
"Ok," I respected her need for privacy, after all, I didn't tell her about my dreams, no wait, My PREMONITIONS when I first had them, it was kinda natural that neither wanted the other to know. I laughed at the irony.
Then the bell signalled for me to take off to my singing lesson.
"Cya!" Stacey called, as if reading my mind.
"Bye!" I replied, and left.

****************************************************************************************************

Scott was there early, as usual, playing on the piano and our singing teacher was, once again, no where in sight. I didn't want to go in, so instead, I stayed outside, listening to the.... oh well I might as well say it: I stayed outside listening to the beautiful music which Scott produced. It sounded like Haydyn... my favourite. He was really, an amazing pianist. What a shame his ego at the moment out ruled his talent...
"Helen, you might as well come in" He called, yet, still continuing to play without a glitch, "I know you're out there"
I sighed. This was why I didn't look forward to our lessons anymore, I mean, he would be so nasty and cruel whenever we were in the presence of Rebecca, and then suddenly be all nice when we were alone. I was so sick of it all! And knowing that he could always 'sense' that I was there, REALLY pissed me off. I wondered what had given away my "element of surprise" this time.
"How'd you know I was there?" I asked as I entered.
"I just do" He smiled, and caught my gaze through the reflection of the piano. "I always do" he continued, "You know that."
His sudden burst of politeness didn't fool me. I had given up trying to 'win him back' and so I continued to keep him at arms length. But that didn't mean I'd stopped loving him..
"Can we play our song?" He asked softly, emphasising the 'our'
I shrugged. Our 'song' was something we'd both written together. A piano duet. We never got a chance to add in lyrics and vocals.
Scott had transposed it for me, so my part was able to be played. I honestly sucked on the piano, but Scott had taught me and it was Love that had kept us in time with each other, because I ALWAYS mucked up, unless I was playing that song.
"Helen," He began, in that tone,
Oh help! I begged I willed the singing teacher to walk in, I REALLY didn't want to have this talk right now... I knew it would never work, but eh. Then as if by magic, we were greeted by our tutor's cheery voice.
I was practically frozen with disbelief! I mean I didn't even hear him on the other side!!!

Anyway, it was enough to silence Scott and that was just what I needed. We 'commenced' with the lesson, working on dynamics and fine tuning our pieces for next week's show. I couldn't wait, to finally finish and find Stacey.
As soon as we were let out, I raced off before Scott could start again. I found it so hard to believe that after five months of trying to get us alone together to 'talk' I was actually running away from him!!
"Stacey!" I screeched to a halt before grabbing her arm and dragging her into a run as well. We stopped behind the library, taking a few minutes to catch our breath.
"So why are we here again?" Stacey asked, laughing. We hadn't had this much fun since well, when I first told her about the dreams. Which wasn't that long ago, if you really think about it.
"Cuz I was sick of trying to think up excuses to get Scott to shut up" I explained.
"Listen, Helen." Stacey said, her voice now serious. "Now that we know that your dreams are premonitions, we need to analyse them. So we can find out if Scott's really going to die."
"Yeah" I nodded, beginning to see her point, "So we can prevent it from happening, right?"
"yep, and the best way to start," Stacey continued, "is for you to tell me every single detail, after you have had your dream tonight."
"yeah, Ok"
"I don't care if you wake me up at midnight, anything! you just need to tell me every. single. detail." Stacey said, trying to get her point across.
I could see where she was going, I mean it didn't matter how much I hated the way Scott was acting at the moment, we still couldn't just let him die, cuz like, I HAVE been having these dreams for a reason. I knew that, we both knew that. We had to save him, or at least try to. There was no doubt about it.

After, I told stacey what happened during the lesson, And about how eagar Scott was to play our 'song' (Which we still haven't got around to naming yet because of lack of lyrics) And how he was about to say something before I cut him off.
Stacey just nodded, lost in her thoughts, but I knew she'd heard every word.

BBBBRRRRRRRIIIIIINNNNNNGGGG!!!!!!!!!! The bell startled us both and we hugged good bye before we parted our seperate ways. I headed over to french, while Stacey skipped to fabrics, in the other direction.

I was just running thoughts through my head, about the dreams, about Stacey's hidden 'secret', about what Scott wanted... when SMACK!!! I ran into this total hottie. OK so I didn't run into him, no I rebounded at least 5 metres OFF him instead. So yeah, I just lay there, wondering what had just happened, I mean I wasn't even running and neither was he, so there was no reason for me to rebound FIVE METRES!! Unless there was some electricity involved?
"Hey are you alright?" an unfamilar voice asked.
I opened my eyes and slowly my vision cleared. An even more unfamiliar face loomed over me, forehead wrinkled in concern. Wow! He was a hottie. Blond hair and brown eyes, not your average mix, but it suited him pretty well.
"Um" I replied, suddenly aware of how pathetic I looked, lying in the middle of everything.
As if reading my mind, the guy extended his left arm to help me up. (A very strong and muscular arm, I might add) I was amazed at how every one kept reading my mind these days. Am I really that predictable?
I took his hand and helped him to collect my books which were now thrown all over the court yard.
"Thanks" I said, as he handed them over
"You're welcome," he replied with a dazzling smile. "look, I'm really sorry about before-"
"it's ok" I cut him off, but not rudely, "I'm fine, really"
He laughed, it was the most perfect laugh in the world, not too stupid, but completely genuine, you could just tell. "I'm new here" he explained, "and uhhh" he paused, as if trying to figure out what to say... "I'm kinda Lost" he blurted out, looking sheepish.
I laughed back, "It's ok," I reassured him. "What do you have next?"
"French," he replied, subtly moving closer, "with Mr. George."
"Wow what a coincedence!" I exclaimed. "you're in my french class!"
And so I lead the way, and it wasn't long before we reached our destination.

"Salut salut salut!!!" Mr. George greeted us, "I see you've come joined us at last!"
"Hahaha" laughed the guy, "sorry we're late, Mr. George, I got lost and this beautiful young lady here, had to help me."
"Helen," I said, beaming "and please, it was no trouble"
"ahhh Helen!" Mr George. turned to me. "Thank-you for your caring of others, most poeple would have just refused to help him!"
"Oh, it was nothing, really" I blushed, as I quickly slid into my seat. I ignored the glares of jealousy which were thrown at me. As much as I love French, I somehow got placed in an evil careless class which I very much hated. Mr. George was ok though, but I was excited now, that I would at last, have a friend to talk to. I sat back as the guy began his intro in french, a custom that every unfortunate transfer had to go through, when placed in one of Mr. George's language classes. But this guy, seemd to have no problem with it what-so-ever. I was amazed.
"Bonjour, je m'appelle Andres" he began, the whole class listened to this hansome young man, "Je suis un étiudiant de l'Amerique."
From America.. wow! I thought.
"J'ai volé ici il y a environ une semaine" he continued, "Je suis adore de la Nouvelle Zèlande beaucoup." he finished.
I clapped, taken back by his skill of the language, not many people could say that with ease and 100% accurate pronounciation like he did.
"That was very good!" I whispered as he slid in the seat next to mine. "I didn't know you were so good at french! Can you speak it fluently?" I bombarded him with questions.
He smiled, silent for a moment, then, "oui, et merci, mon dame,"
"Ce'st un plaisir de vous rencountrer?" I replied, unsure.
"It's ok!" he laughed, "we can just speak in english now!"
I laughed back, relieved. "phew! Cuz my french isn't so good!"
"pffft" he snorted "yeah right! I bet you understood everything I said up there!"

At lunch, I introduced Andres to Stacey, She was polite and all, but I could tell she didn't want anything to do with him. When he left to go to the rest room, I asked Stacey about it.

"Look, I'm not trying to be a bitch or anything, but he just makes me feel... I dont' know... unsafe" she confessed.
I looked at her, concerned. Stacey had been acting weird all day.
"Ok I know i have nothing to prove it, so I guess I'll just be nice, But I'm warning you now, there's something very strange about that guy, I mean, no one can be that PERFECT"
"Okay..." I replied, not satisfied, but I would ask her about it later... along with the OTHER news I found out today...