Status: Daily Updates

The Bond

Sykaima

"Come ON Vegeta, you can do better than that!" Katima crowed.

Vegeta let out a yowl of frustration and shot of a new energy wave volley. They were four months into their year, and so far, their powers had increased ten fold, however they were far from exceeding the level of Super Saiyan. So they were trying an exercise to help with their targeting and dodging. At the moment, it was Katima's turn to dodge, and Vegeta's to shoot. If he managed to hit her, the roles would switch.

They had been at this for fourteen hours straight.

Katima whirled through the energy orbs, managing to miss every one. She smirked as she turned to face Vegeta, "Ha! Can't you-"

But Vegeta wasn't where he had been. Katima blinked, and turned just in time to get slammed by his Gatlic Gun. It slammed her into the ground and she yelped in pain.

"What were you saying?" Vegeta asked, who hovered in the air high above her.

"I was just saying what an ass you are," said Katima and aimed her blast.

Vegeta deftly avoided all her attempts and Katima was beginning to get frustrated. She paused and powered up more, her cries echoing around the emptiness. When she felt like she was at her peak, she began firing again. It seemed Vegeta had to put more thought into dodging and he began to sweat. Katima could feel his worry through the bond. She upped the anti, charging up a heavy blast that would have more radius. It was one of her personal moves.

"Eternal Burn!" she screamed and sent it rocketing at him.

Vegeta turned to dodge right but Katima manipulated the blast to follow him. There was no outrunning her Eternal Burn. It slammed into Vegeta and sent him screaming into the distance where he landed in a smoldering heap. Katima laughed in her victory, placing hands on her hips.

"Take that, prince!" she crowed.

However, Vegeta did not get up.

Katima slowly felt concern hit her. She felt in the bond and felt a strange indifference. Was he unconscious? She jumped up and flew over to him. Had she powered up too much? What if she really hurt him?

Kneeling down she began to reach out to him, "Vegeta?" she said.

Suddenly his hand shot up and snatched her wrist. Katima yelped in surprise as he took his other hand and aimed it point blank at her chest.

"You're too soft!" he snarled, "You can not let your ridiculous feelings get in the way of fighting!"

An energy orb formed in his hand.

"Vegeta!" Katima struggled to get out of his grip, "At this range you'll kill me!"

"And why shouldn't I?" snapped Vegeta, "When your stupid emotions are going to kill you anyway? What is going to happen if I'm on the ground and you have to choose between saving me or killing Cell?"

Katima gazed at him. What would happen? She couldn't let Vegeta die- she simply couldn't. But what if it came to that ultimatum? If it was up to her to kill Cell, but Vegeta's life was at stake? Would she be willing to sacrifice him to save the Earth?

"I…" Katima closed her eyes, "You can't ask this of me…"

"Why not?" Vegeta demanded, "You would be willing to sacrifice the entire world for my life?"

Katima opened her eyes, "Why is it so hard for you to believe that I care about you?" she breathed.

Vegeta opened his mouth, face angry, but then stopped, seeing the look in her eyes, the feeling he was surely getting through the bond hitting him.

"I think I see," Katima pulled her hand out of his now slack grip and stood. He let the energy orb die as Katima turned away. Anger was slowly bubbling to the top.

Vegeta didn't know how hard it was to be in love with someone who barely loved back. He had admitted that he wanted her the night they had slept together, but still, he avoided saying that he actually loved her. Did he even care about how he made her feel? Could he even comprehend it? Sure he felt what she did through the bond, but it was surely all alien to him. He barely even knew who she was, it seemed.

"Katima!"

By now Katima was a good twenty feet away. She stopped but didn't turn around, waiting for him to speak.

"You didn't answer my question."

Katima felt her rage split into full force. She whirled and began to hurl energy ball after energy ball at Vegeta, her eyes alight with fire, With each attack she let out a scream of rage.

Vegeta smacked aside each orb as he slowly walked toward her. Katima had tears of rage in her eyes, blinding her slightly, making her miss a few attacks, but Vegeta deflected all that came too close to him. Finally he was right in front of her and as she raised her hand to hit him he grabbed her wrist. She went to punch him with the other and her grabbed her fist in his and glared at her.

"Would you sacrifice the Earth for me?" he demanded softly.

Katima closed her burning eyes, tears crawling down her cheeks.

"Vegeta, I would sacrifice anything for you," she breathed.

Vegeta was suddenly kissing her, and his hands released hers so that he could cradle her back, pressing her to him. Katima kissed back, passion swelling in her. She wanted to stay mad, but damn, how could she with those lips on hers? Their kisses were like wars, both within themselves, and physically, since they tended to get a little rough. Now, with them both being Super Saiyans, their encounters were like fire leaping into blood filled air. It made everything so intense that Katima was exhausted when they finally broke apart. They were panting, both staring into each other's eyes.

"You are the first person to say that to me," Vegeta whispered, "And mean it."

Katima smiled and raised her arm to wipe her tears away, but Vegeta stopped her, and did it himself with his thumb.

"Why are you crying?" he demanded, almost sounding like his old self.

Katima laughed softly, "I cry when I'm mad, I thought you knew."

"I suppose I don't see you mad enough," said Vegeta, frowning.

Katima sighed and leaned her head against his chest, letting him wrap his arms around her and hold her there. They both powered back down to normal, hair going black.

"I keep wondering what's happening outside," said Katima, breathing in his sweet scent, "Do you think Piccolo won?"

Vegeta sighed, resting his chin atop her head. Katima was one of the few people short enough for him to do this to.

"Somehow, I get the feeling we're going to have to clean up after him," Vegeta said bluntly, "We had to come to the rescue with the first two androids, now we'll do it again. Pathetic."

"If what they say is true," said Katima, "And he's stronger than the androids… we have a ways to go."

"Thank you, Katima," breathed Vegeta.

"For what?" Katima asked, closing her eyes and listening to his heart beat.

"Everything," said Vegeta, lifting her up into his arms to carry her back to the structure.

She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. Vegeta had not said that he loved her. But Katima had a feeling he did.

*scene change*

He couldn't do it.

As Krillin looked across at the beautiful girl, seeing the look of fear on her face, he dropped the control to the ground.

Android 18.

What the hell was wrong with him? The girl was a monster, a killer, a machine! But… after just one small kiss on the cheek…

He loved her.

How? How was this possible? He shook his head wildly, and closed his eyes. He couldn't get that moment from his mind. It was etched there, carved. Unable to delete, unable to erase. She was so beautiful…

He watched as she looked up at the sky, waiting for Cell, who had already absorbed Android 17 and was more powerful than ever, to arrive and take her too. Android 16 was leaning against the cliff face behind her, a chunk of his head missing. After Piccolo had been defeated, 16 had tried to attack him. Cell had made quick work of him.

Krillin made up his mind. He lifted his foot, and slammed it down on the control Bulma had made. The control made to paralyze 18 so that Krillin could kill her. But he couldn't. The control broke beneath his foot, the sound making 18 and 16 look over, both noticing him for the first time.

"It's you," 18 gasped, staring at him.

Krillin wondered if she was going to kill him. He held his ground.

"Get out of here, 18," he said sharply, "Cell will be here soon. You have to run."

"But how?" 18 demanded, "I'm not leaving 16."

"You have to!" both Krillin and 16 shouted.

Krillin stopped, looking at 16 with wide eyes. It was the most emotion he had heard come from the android.

18 looked back at him, shock etched on her gorgeous face.

"Don't worry about me," said 16, "You must leave. Quickly."

"But I…" 18 began, eyes uncertain.

"Allow me to make the decision for you."

Krillin jumped and turned around to see another beautiful young girl striding toward them. She had a fray of blond hair, and narrowed blue eyes. The way she walked spoke of confidence and power. She was in a ragged hoody with the Capsule Corp symbol on the shoulder, and a denim skirt with a slit on one side that went up her thigh so high up that it made Krillin blush. She, in a strange way, looked like 18, with the blond hair and blue eyes, not to mention the attitude. Like she could take on the world.

Of course after Cell took 17, 18 didn't look like that anymore.

The girl paused a few feet from Krillin, looking him over.

"Bald head, four feet tall… You must be Krillin," she said.

"I'm 4 foot nine!" Krillin snapped, but recovered quickly, "How do you know my name?"

The girl merely gazed at him for a moment before walking past him and toward 18.

"18," she said, eyeing the android, then, spotting the one behind her added, "And 16. I see. I'm almost too late. I wanted to get here before he got 17, but… well, I suppose plans can't always run the way they are planned."

"Who are you?" 18 demanded, standing in a defensive pose.

The girl smirked, "No one you need to be concerned with. I'm from a far off place. And I'm here to kill you, 18."

"No!" Krillin rushed forward and stood between 18 and the new girl, "You can't!"

"If Cell absorbs her, you will all die," said the girl, glaring down at him, "You, Goku, Gohan, Rilan, Vegeta, Katima, all of you. Cell will take this world for his own. Can't you see that?"

"Please," Krillin begged, desperation flooding him, "We can find another way, we could hide her-"

"It is your foolishness that will kill everyone," said the girl coldly, "And 18," she looked at her, "I know you have a heart. Will you let yourself become part of that monster and have the Earth destroyed? You broke free of Gero to live your life didn't you?"

18 stared in aw at the girl.

"He took 17," said the girl, "Think, 18. For what it's worth, we could use the Dragon Balls to bring you back. I can defeat Cell in his current state, but if he takes you… all is over."

18 looked distraught. She turned her head, eyes to the ground. Krillin felt the sudden need to comfort her.

The girl nodded, "I've done my job here," she said, and looked at Krillin, "You will kill her when she makes her decision. Understand? We can wish her back."

"How do you know so much?" Krillin asked, "About us? The Dragon Balls?"

"My name is Sykaima," said the girl, "I'm from a far off place. I will give you answers later. Right now? I have to keep Cell from getting any closer."

"By yourself?" 16 asked, looking at her in aw with his one eye.

Sykaima looked at him and smiled, "Yes. By myself."

*scene change*

Goku stood up, gritting his teeth. He couldn't wait. He couldn't handle feeling Piccolo's life slowly slipping away, or the curiosity at the third, more powerful source. Was this unknown power on their side?

"Dad," Gohan grabbed his arm as Goku jumped up, "Dad, he's too strong, you can't fight him now that he's absorbed 17!"

Goku looked down at his son and smiled.

"I know," he said, "But I can not sit here and let Piccolo die. He's still alive- barely. I have to try."

Goku knew his son was having trouble not running to his old mentor's side as well, but Gohan knew the risks. Goku had stopped him from running off just moments ago, and now Goku himself was going to help.

"He doesn't plan on fighting," Trunks said from a few feet away, and glanced at Goku, "You plan on using instant transmission, right?"

Goku nodded, "I know it's risky, but I have to try something."

Gohan hugged Goku about his waist, "Please be careful, dad."

"I will, son," said Goku.

Gohan stepped back and Goku pressed two fingers to his forehead. He focused on Piccolo's faint life force, and vanished.

When he reappeared, he was shocked to see Tien up in the air, shooting down his deadly tri-beam in a huge crater. He saw Cell, a green thick muscled creature with strange wings on his back, and a long tail with a needle like tip, trying to get out of the hole, just to be shot back down by Tien. Goku knew this attack took life force from Tien himself. He wouldn't be able to keep this up long.

Goku had to hurry.

He rushed across the small island they were on to Piccolo's body, which lay motionless in the dirt.

Goku picked up his friend, pulling an arm around his shoulders. He then turned just in time to see Tien fall to the ground, his energy sapped. Cell emerged from the hole, looking infuriated. Goku knew Tien had stalled him so the other androids could run. Now the female one, 18, was gone.

"You fool!" Cell's voice was deep, and he had a toad like face that was wide with thick lips, "Do you realize what you've done? I can't sense her- you could have compromised me becoming perfect!"

Cell aimed a hand at Tien's body, but Goku quickly used instant transmission to appear in front of Cell.

Cell's eyes widened when he saw him suddenly appear, and he eyed Piccolo's body leaning on him before speaking.

"So you're Goku," he began to laugh, "I see. I expected more. Are you finally here to fight? I thought you were hiding this entire time."

"No, Cell," snarled Goku, "I hate to say it, but I'm not ready to fight you. But give me just one day, and I promise you, I will give you the fight of a life time."

Cell smirked, "The Vegeta in me is intrigued, but the Piccolo in me says it would be far smarter for me to kill you here and now when you have no chance of beating me!"

"Don't think so, Cell."

They all stopped and looked up at a young girl hovering above them. She had a mess of blond hair, and her blue eyes were like chips of ice in the sun. She smiled down at them, her arms crossed. She had on a ragged hoody with the Capsule Corp symbol on the shoulder, and a denim skirt with a slit up one thigh. Something about her face seemed familiar to Goku as she slowly flew down to land beside them.

"Who are you?" Cell demanded.

The girl smiled, tilting her head to one side, "I'd say 'your worse nightmare' but that seems so cliché."

"Ha!" Cell laughed, turning to face her fully, "Do you even know who you're dealing with, little girl? Are you even old enough to be out without your mother?"

"I'm sixteen, you jackass!" the girl snapped, her hands clenching and arms thrown down in frustration. She took a deep breath and composed herself again, "And my mother isn't around anymore thanks to you."

Cell smirked, "Oh, so sorry, which town was she in? I've destroyed so many I can't keep count…"

The girl had a ferocity in her eyes that made Goku want to take a step back. She cracked her knuckles and glanced at Goku, "Hey!" she snapped at him, making him flinch, "Get Tien and go!"

"How do you-" Goku began, but the girl glared him into silence.

Goku turned and knelt down to grab Tien's arm. He glanced back one last time, "Who are you?" he asked.

"Sykaima," said the girl, not looking at him, keeping her fiery blue eyes on Cell.

Goku noted it, and vanished.

*scene change*

"Vegeta, there's not enough room for the both of us on this bunk."

Vegeta sighed and rolled off the bed. Katima couldn't help but look at his finely muscled naked body as he stretched and glanced back at her.

"You're the one who wanted to- what did you call it?"

"Snuggle."

"Yes, that," Vegeta looked rather disgusted, "It lays in the categories of puppies and kittens and all that ridiculous softness."

Katima rolled her eyes, but was secretly pleased with herself into conning Vegeta into simply laying there doing nothing but holding each other for a while. He usually hated it when they weren't doing something involving action, whether it be fighting or sex.

With a satisfied smile, she slipped out of the bed and followed him as he went into the bath room to draw a bath. As he stood, Katima gently massaged his shoulders for a brief moment before wrapping her arms around him, his back pressing to her chest, her hands running along the fine tones of his collarbone.

"Are you excited?" she asked.

"I feel like that's a trick question," said Vegeta.

"Very funny," Katima stepped back and he turned to face her, "I'm talking about the fight. You know we've gone as far as we can," she smiled lightly, "Reaching the next level is a month in the past. In a week, that door is going to open, and we're going to go out there and fight Cell."

"You mean we're going to destroy Cell," said Vegeta, turning and stepping into the bath water, "Am I excited? I guess that's one way of putting it," he paused as Katima joined him in the bath, looking at her thoughtfully, "We both know it's not Cell I'm wanting to fight."

Katima sighed. Of course. Why did her boyfriend HAVE to be mortal enemies with her brother?

"When the time comes, Katima," said Vegeta slowly, "And I finally fight Kakarot… I need to know where you stand."

Katima blinked and stared at him, "Are you asking me to take a side?"

Vegeta merely glared at her.

Katima shook her head, "Vegeta, I can't."

"You're going to have to," said Vegeta sharply, "When the time comes, you're going to have to choose no matter what. I'll be fighting until the end, Katima. The very end."

"Vegeta…" Katima closed her eyes and leaned back, "We have one week to relax. I do not want to be thinking about you and my brother ripping each other apart."

"I want an answer," snapped Vegeta.

"Well, prince," Katima sighed, "I'm the princess. So I don't have to give you an answer unless I feel like it," she opened one eye and leered at him, "Unless you think you can make me."

Vegeta blushed.

Katima laughed, "Listen, Vegeta. I told you a long time ago that I care for you, probably more than I should, but I can't fight my own brother. What you have against him is between you and Goku, not me. Okay?"

Vegeta sighed, looking frustrated, but he seemed to accept this concept. He nodded, "Fine. But don't say I didn't warn you."

*scene change*

Sykaima smiled at Cell looked at the spot Goku vanished in amazement.

"Where did he go?" Cell gasped, "How did he just disappear?"

"Don't think on it too hard," said Sykaima, placing her hands on her hips, "Your only worry should be me."

"I see," said Cell, smirking back at her, "So you are the power level I felt earlier. No matter. You are no match, girl. I have absorbed-!"

"Android 17, I know," said Sykaima, waving him off, "And it doesn't matter," she smiled, "My father taught me everything I know about fighting, and with his techniques mixed with my own, I'm unstoppable! You'll never see the day to perfection, you monster," she readied her stance, "Are you ready to die?"

"Are you trying to scare me?" Cell laughed, "You think some sixteen year old girl can stand a chance against me?"

"More than a chance," Sykaima smirked, "Now enough talk! Let's get busy- I see Tien already dug you a grave, how sweet."

Cell let out a low growl of frustration, "Fine," he snarled, "I wanted to test out my new body some more anyway!"

He lunged at her, ready to slam his fist across her face, but Sykaima nimbly ducked and rolled behind him where she gently pushed his back just enough for him to lose balance and stumble. Cell let out a roar of rage and whirled to face her, raising his hand where an energy orb began to form. He shot it out at her, but Sykaima smacked it aside and smirked at the look of pure shock blooming on the monster's face.

"How?" he demanded, "How does a girl like you possess so much power? How can a human?"

"Wouldn't you like to know!" Sykaima winked, "I didn't steal my genes from all the greatest fighters like a cheat, I trained hard my whole life with my father and best friends!" she held up a hand, palm facing Cell, "You killed them all," she snarled, "Every last one of them! I'll never let you hurt another soul again!"

The beam forming in her hand was enough to blow Cell out of existence, even with his Namekian based self regeneration. Every particle of his being would be gone. It ends here, Sykaima thought.

"Stop right there."

Sykaima heard the voice and froze, the power vanishing from her hand. She looked up to see two figures in the sky, and her heart skipped a beat.

"V-Vegeta!" she gasped.

Two Saiyans came down to land beside them. One was none other than the prince of all Saiyans, Vegeta, and beside him, his princess, Katima. The way they stood, so confident and powerful, it made Sykaima admiration soar. But no. She came to take care of business, not let these two screw things up.

"Back off," Sykaima growled, "This is my fight!"

"Your fight?" a look of anger crossed Vegeta's face, "Go home to your parents, girl. This is grown up time."

Sykaima felt rage hit her. He was just as snide and proud as she was told. What an ass!

"What he meant to say," Katima chimed in, seeing the look of fury on the girl's face, "Is that we've been training for a whole year. We didn't do it for nothing."

"I can handle it," said Sykaima, aiming her hand at Cell again, "He's killed my friends, my family… everything I knew and loved. I have to be the one to kill him! Me!"

*scene change*

Katima wasn't sure how to handle the situation. This girl, only a teenager, was as powerful as she and Vegeta had become, and she was determined to finish off Cell. If it were up to Katima, she'd say sure, blow the freak's head off, but she knew Vegeta was itching for a fight. If he didn't get it here, there was a very good chance that he'd go and wait outside the time chamber for Goku to get out with Gohan and take it out on them.

"Listen," Katima stepped forward, "Sykaima, right? My brother said you know about all of us- and that you are an exceptional fighter. But let us take it from here. Rest assured, he will pay for his sins," she shot a glare at Cell, who was looking extremely nervous, "You see, he has cells from me, Vegeta, Goku- everyone. I want them back."

Sykaima closed her eyes for a moment. She seemed to be thinking very hard. Finally she opened them and looked at Katima, "Fine. You can have a turn. But the killing blow is mine."

"Whatever," Vegeta hissed, "Just get out of the way before I blow you both up!"

"Vegeta!" Katima smacked his arm.

Sykaima backed up, glaring at Cell as she did so.

Cell seemed to look relieved that he wouldn't be squaring off with the mystery girl again, He looked at Vegeta and Katima and began to laugh.

"I know all about you two," he said, "Your bond and everything. Won't this make things easy on me? I kill Katima and you both die, I kill Vegeta, and Katima becomes a husk."

"You think you can even hope to kill either of us?" Vegeta laughed, "You have a lot to learn, Cell. We've been training long and hard to prove to you just how powerful Saiyans can truly become!"

"Who get's to go first, my prince?" Katima asked, "We're going to have to settle it the old style again."

Why was it that rock, paper, scissors seemed to settle everything in this situation? And why did Vegeta always win? Katima scowled as he smirked and turned to face Cell after their heated game, and powered up to Super Saiyan.

"Youv'e seen this show, I'm sure," said Vegeta, gesturing at his blond hair, "But what about a step above?"

"What?" Cell hissed, "A step ABOVE Super Saiyan? You're insane."

"Am I?" Vegeta laughed and planted his feet firmly in the ground.

He began to power up, his cry of effort echoing into the heavens, the ground beginning to shake. Katima sighed and flew up to sit at the edge of a small cliff. She had seen these theatrics a thousand times, might as well get a good seat for the show.

Vegeta's muscles began to bulge, his power level beginning to skyrocket. Sykaima came and sat beside Katima, her eyes wide.

"I didn't know Vegeta was capable of this," she whispered.

Katima smiled, "You haven't seen anything yet."
♠ ♠ ♠
Song for this chapter: Space Travel by Yellowcard