Status: Daily Updates

The Bond

Family Time

"So the girl's your daughter, huh?"

Katima nodded.

She and Bulma were in the lab. Android 16 was laying on a table a few feet away, deactivated as Bulma and Professor Briefs worked on him. Vegeta was resting in their room on the other side of the estate and Katima decided to come andd talk to her old friend about this new development.

"Now we both have our kids from the future," Bulma laughed, "I hope he and Rilan are doing okay in the time chamber."

"Who knows," said Katima, "Maybe they'll find a way to get to the next level of Tygrian power."

"I figured you would have been happier about Sykaima being your daughter," said Bulma, typing away at her computer, "I mean, you and Vegeta actually have a child together! Isn't that exciting?"

"But…" Katima sighed and looked around. The Professor wasn't in the room at the moment so she continued, "Vegeta won't even tell me that he loves me. He still thinks emotion is making us weak. If we have a child now…"

"You're not gonna have her now, she was born a year from now, remember?" said Bulma, "Maybe by then Vegeta will see reason- and you guys are going to spend another two years in the time chamber together! Nothing like some alone time to get his heart stirring," she winked.

"I think that it's going to take peace to make Vegeta even consider that emotion is a good thing," Katima said, "He can't be thinking about fighting anyone- not Cell- and not my brother."

"He's still itching to fight Goku?" laughed Bulma.

"He's itching to KILL Goku," said Katima sadly, "He even asked me to take a side in the time chamber."

"What?" Bulma stopped and looked at her in shock, "What did you say?"

"That I wasn't going to take a side," said Katima bluntly, "I told him we had to focus on fighting Cell, and to worry about that later."

"But when you guys beat Cell, he's going to attack Goku?" asked Bulma.

"We don't even know if we're going to kill Cell," said Katima placing her head in her hands, "You can't believe his power."

"I wish I could help," said Bulma sadly.

"You are helping," said Katima, looking back up at her, "By fixing up 16- he's a good fighter according to Krillin. We could use his help."

Bulma smiled, "Thanks, Katima," she stopped when a small crying broke out.

Trunks' crib was in the corner of the lab, and he woken from his nap. Bulma made to get up but Katima said, "I'll get him, you keep working."

She went over and looked down at the crying baby and gently picked him up.

"Shh, sh," she murmured, holding him to her chest and bouncing him, "It's okay, little one, we're here…"

Trunks calmed down when he saw her face and she wiped his tears away. Could she handle this? A baby of her own- a Saiyan baby. She had to remember that her and Vegeta's baby would be full blood Saiyan, not half like Gohan was. Hopefully Vegeta knew something about raising a destructive little child- oh who was she kidding? She would be LUCKY if Vegeta even helped with raising the girl. Trunks smiled at her and Katima felt her heart swell. What a precious little gift.

But was she ready to be a mother? Was Vegeta ready to be a father?

*scene change*

His heart was doing something strange- and the twist in his gut was something Vegeta had never felt before… Was it guilt?

Vegeta was leaning on the wall just outside the lab, having heard Katima and Bulma's entire conversation. Slowly, he walked away, careful to keep his power level non existent so that Katima didn't know he was there. He felt his heart flittering, aching… was it Katima or him that was making it do that? But the knot in his stomach, the guilt…

Katima loved him… She loved him even though he was a monster. He had killed without thought, he had destroyed worlds with a smile on his lips. He had wanted to kill Katima herself at one point, he still wanted to kill her brother. But still… she held him, kissed him, loved him like he deserved all of it without a doubt. The way she looked at him, the light in her eyes… The feel of her body, the sounds she makes…

Vegeta's world revolved around Katima, but he still couldn't just say that he loved her. He could feel the doubt in her, if he didn't do something… what they had could fall apart. But these emotions- these things that made him rethink everything- he hated them as much as he liked them. What could he do? He could say that he loved her, but he knew he didn't mean it right now. He couldn't admit to himself that he had fallen into something that he had detested ever since his home was destroyed…

Vegeta found himself in the forest room- Katima's favorite place in the entire estate. He went and rested his arm on a tree, then pressed his forehead to it, clenching his eyes shut. He just wanted time. Time to figure this all out. Maybe Bulma had a point- when they got into the time chamber and spent two long years training- maybe- maybe he could collect everything together. But another part of him thought Katima was right. He needed peace- he couldn't see the reason to love when he had enemies to defeat.

"What are you doing in here?"

Vegeta jumped and whirled to see Sykaima looking at him. She had one of the parrots on her shoulder, and it was playing with her blond hair.

"None of your business," said Vegeta bluntly, turning to leave. The last person he wanted to see was his future daughter.

"Wait," Sykaima said.

Vegeta stopped and looked at her with irritation, "What?"

"You do love her, you know," said Sykaima, holding up her finger to let another exotic bird to land on her.

"Wh-what?" Vegeta spluttered.

"You told me yourself," said Sykaima, "You told me when I was nine that you loved her since you were revived on Namek. When she died… you changed. You weren't this tough, brash guy. You felt like her death was your fault because you let Cell transform."

Vegeta just stared at her, unable to speak.

"It would be easier for you to just admit it to yourself, dad," she said the word like it was a simple thing, "Instead of this epic inner battle. You're just irritating yourself."

"What do you know about me?" Vegeta snarled, "The man from your time is different than me."

"No," said Sykaima, "Or at least, he wasn't until today, when I came. Which means, you're technically already in love with her."

Vegeta turned away, "It's not as simple as that. I'm a warrior. I can't let these petty emotions hurt how I fight!"

"Who says that it would hurt your fighting?" said Sykaima, "You saw what Katima did today. She did that because she loves you. That blast was formed because of her feelings for you- it made her power increase ten fold."

"You're saying that was from love?" said Vegeta.

Sykaima nodded.

Vegeta scoffed, "That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard."

"God, you really are an ass," sighed Sykaima, "Bulma told me how you were before Katima died, and she wasn't kidding."

Vegeta turned and began to leave again.

"Dad," Sykaima called after him.

Vegeta paused, not looking back, merely waiting for her to speak.

"This battle is going to be big," she said, "It's very likely that some of us could die. Maybe you should think about that."

Vegeta grit his teeth and left the room, not looking back.

*scene change*

Rilan powered up, his cry of effort echoing along the wide emptiness, his aura turning blue around him. The lines of power laced his body, his hair billowing about his waist. It was more than he had ever accomplished- but he could go further- he had to go further! He screamed out, face up to the sky, his aura shooting out around him.

Suddenly, his hair began to retract back to its original state. For a moment, he thought that he was losing power, but looking down he saw the lines on his body, rather than black like they always were turned an icy blue and glowed. Rilan stopped powering up, looking at his new body with wonder. Another transformation… amazing. He never thought such things were possible. And he never thought his son would be the one to teach him how to do it, having reached it before he did.

"You did it," Trunks smiled at him. In his second transformation, Trunks' hair turned a deep blue like the lines on his skin, and his eyes glowed like ice in the sunlight.

"You did it first," said Rilan, "But this form needs work- fine tuning- before we can go up against Cell."

"Let's test it out," said Trunks, crouching defensively.

Rilan rushed him, his new speed even taking him by surprise. Trunks was ready, dodging his attack and making one of his own, but Rilan quickly blocked it. He tossed out a leg and tripped Trunks, but his son rolled when he hit the ground, out of the way of Rilan slamming his fist into his face. While Rilan was still crouching, Trunks shot a energy orb at him, but Rilan knocked it aside and jumped forward, letting out an intense battle cry.

Trunks ducked his first swing, but he wasn't fast enough to dodge Rilan's knee which landed in his stomach. Trunks gasped as the air left his body, and Rilan took the opportunity to slam a fist across his face, sending him flying away. He landed rolling, and got to his feet quickly, shooting a energy blast out. Rilan shot out his own and they met in the middle, a wave of power rolling across the big empty around them.

Now it was a struggle. Rilan could feel that his son was giving it his all on the other side. How strange- he had transformed first, but Rilan was stronger? Rilan was using a lot of power, but not all of it like his son was. He gave out another burst of energy, and it sent Trunks flying. When he landed he didn't get back up. He just laid their panting before propping himself up on his elbows and powering back down to normal.

"What's wrong with you?" Rilan demanded, walking toward him, "Is that really all you got?"

"My endurance isn't as high as yours," he said, "I'm sorry, father. I'm not as strong as you."

"That wasn't endurance, it was power," said Rilan, "What's up? I don't think your head is in the game."

Trunks looked away, a far off look in his eyes.

"What's up?" Rilan asked, powering back to normal and sitting down cross-legged.

Trunks shook his head, "It's stupid," he said, "It's nothing."

"Just because it's stupid doesn't mean its nothing," said Rilan.

Trunks sighed, "It's that girl."

"What?"

"The girl- Sykaima," said Trunks, blushing a bit, "The way she looked at me… I can't get it out of my head. We've been in here for a month now, and she's still dancing in my thoughts. It was like she…"

Rilan waited, looking at his son's tormented eyes as he met his gaze.

"Like she loved me," said Trunks.

Rilan didn't exactly know what to say. This was his son- he was supposed to give advice or something- wasn't he? But what could he possibly say?

"When I first met your mother…" he began awkwardly, "The first thing she told me was that I was kind of cute and invited me to live at her estate. I didn't have anything left for me- Frieza was dead and all I ever wanted was his seat of power- but after the battle I witnessed- after being killed… I decided maybe trying to just live wasn't a bad idea- and here, the humans look a lot like me… It didn't take me long to start to realize that I couldn't get Bulma out of my head. I think that once a girl is on your mind all the time, it's a cue to go and get to know her better."

"Are you saying I should ask Sykaima out on a date?" Trunks laughed.

"No," said Rilan, "Well, yes- but considering this whole ordeal with Cell… I'm just saying- I think that she had something going on with the Trunks in her time. That's why she was so amazed to find you. Love… is like a foggy forest- it's beautiful and mysterious."

"You're not very good at this," Trunks smirked.

Rilan turned red, "I'm an intergalactic warrior who fell in love with an Earth girl- what else can I tell you?"

Trunks got to his feet and sighed, looking across the white expanse before them, "In all this chaos… and I can't stop thinking about a girl."

"How do you think I feel?" asked Rilan, getting up, "I'm always thinking about your mother- and you too, baby you, and you you. You're my family. And Cell is trying to take you all away from me," his face twisted in anger, "I didn't come to Earth to just keep fighting, but if it is what I have to do to keep what I have, I'll do it."

"Thank you," said Trunks, smiling at him, "That means a lot. I'm glad to have met you, father."

Rilan shrugged, "For what it's worth, I'm glad to have met you too, the grown up you."

"You'll have the grown up me in this time too," said Trunks, a fire lighting in his eyes, "I swear it."

*scene change*

"All this waiting around is going to kill me," sighed Katima.

She was leaning against Vegeta on the couch, watching the TV. They were waiting for Cell's big announcement, but had yet to see anything. Vegeta had his arms around her and his chin resting on her head. Katima could tell he was in deep thought about something, he had been for the past twelve hours. It was times like this that she wished she could read his mind rather than just feeling it. She wanted to ask him what was wrong, but was afraid of the answer. Of him saying that he wasn't ready for a baby, that he didn't love her like she loved him.

Sykaima was on the floor in front of the TV, her head in her hands as she lay on her stomach, looking up at the screen. She looked like Katima for the most part, but she had Vegeta's dark eyes and his attitude for sure. Next to her, Krillin, who was, like the rest of the Z-fighters outside of Piccolo, Goku, and Gohan, staying at the estate, was sitting cross legged and looking worried. Yamcha was leaning on the wall next to the window, and Tien and Chiautzu were on the other sofa.

"Well, if we just run out and try to fight Cell now, I'm pretty sure we'd get creamed," said Yamcha.

"Doesn't change the fact that I'm bored," said Katima.

Krillin stood and stretched, looking back at her, "I was going to go by Goku's soon, wanna come?"

Katima felt Vegeta stiffen, and Krillin seemed to blanch. But she nodded none the less, "I'll go. I want to see Gohan."

She felt the displeasure through the bond and knew that she was going to have to talk to Vegeta. Honestly, it wasn't her fault that she was his rival's sister.

Katima stood up, Vegeta's hands reluctant to let her go. She turned and held out a hand.

"What?" he snapped.

"Come on."

Vegeta blinked in surprise at her tone and hesitantly gave her his hand. She then dragged him out of the room, looking back and promising Krillin she'd be ready in fifteen minutes.

"What is the meaning of this?" Vegeta demanded when she slammed the door of their room behin her.

"You're coming with me."

"WHAT?" Vegeta cried.

"You're coming to my brother's house with me," snapped Katima, holding her ground, "We need to settle this idiotic rivalry now."

"Idiotic-" Vegeta spluttered, "How- how dare you!"

"Look," Katima toned it down and went to him, lacing her arms around his neck, "He's my brother. You're my… boyfriend. Will you please just get along with him for me?"

"You're asking too much," growled Vegeta, but Katima could tell he was waning under her touch.

"I'm not asking you to get all chummy," said Katima, "Just… don't kill him- or try to kill him- or try to fight him. Now isn't the time for all that. You can settle shit AFTER we kill Cell."

"So what, we're supposed to go over there and do what- just hang out?" Vegeta sounded disgusted, "What is the point of that?"

"It's family time," said Katima simply.

"We should be training," said Vegeta.

"We're going to have two years in the time chamber, Vegeta. That's plenty of time for us," she rested her chin on his chest, "I just want to hang out with my brother and nephew for a while. That's all."

"Then you can go without me," snarled Vegeta, pushing her away.

Katima sighed, "But I want you to come with me," she said, "You and me? We're a bundled package."

Vegeta looked livid, and Katima wondered if it this was a good idea. She might have just caused even more distance between them. But finally he sighed and shook his head, "The only reason I'm going is to see how strong he's gotten."

Katima squealed and hugged him, making Vegeta grunt in irritation and push her off, "Stop making those noises, its embarrassing."

Katima patted his cheek, "This is a big step, Vegeta. Thank you, I mean it."

She reached up and kissed him, and he instantly kissed back, as if this was a necessary reaction.

Katima knew that this took a lot of self control for Vegeta as she went back to the main room. Everyone in there instantly stopped talking when they walked in and looked at them innocently. Katima smirked while Vegeta scowled.

"Ready to go, Krillin?" asked Katima. "Vegeta and I are all set."

"V-Vegeta's going?" Krillin spluttered.

Katima nodded and laced her arm with his, "Let's go! I'm sure Goku and Gohan are training really hard."

*scene change*

Gohan watched as his father pulled out a massive fish from the river, a wide smile on his face. It had been easy going since they got out of the time chamber, and Gohan was wondering when they were going to get back to training. Goku tossed the fish on the shore, grinning at his son.

"You think this one is big enough?" he asked.

Gohan considered his father's massive appetite and said, "I think you should get one more."

He had to admire how his father managed to control his powers so easily while being in Super Saiyan form constantly. He was still having some issues. The reason they were out of the house was because Gohan broke the table during dinner and his mother had yelled at them to get out and get more food for ruining the meal.

Goku jumped back into the river and Gohan sat down to wait for him to resurface. As he sat, he felt three familiar power signatures heading for them. He smiled when he recognized Krillin and Katima, but he jumped to his feet when he felt Vegeta. What was Katima thinking bringing him here? He turned and saw them approaching in the sky and bit his lip. This will be interesting.

"Gohan!" Katima yelled as they came into clear view, "Are we too late for dinner?"

She landed, Krillin beside her, and Vegeta landed a few feet back, folding his arms and looking at his feet with a scowl on his face.

"Uh, well, no," said Gohan, "Dad's just catching it actually," he gestured to one of the fish.

"Wow, that's huge!" Krillin exclaimed, running forward to look over the fish, "Isn't this enough for all of us?"

"Are you forgetting my dad's appetite?" asked Gohan, laughing.

"Vegeta too," said Katima with a wink, "Saiyan boys- they're bottomless pits."

"Don't compare me to him," snapped Vegeta irritably.

Katima rolled her eyes, "Don't mind him Gohan, he would just rather be training now instead of Rilan and Trunks."

"Where's Sykaima?" asked Gohan.

"She stayed home to help Bulma with 16," said Krillin, "Apparently she knows quite a bit about technology herself."

"Hey guys!" Goku shouted as he emerged from the river, tossing another fish, even bigger than the last, onto the shore, "We weren't expecting company."

Gohan suddenly turned bright red. He had forgotten how much his father liked to swim naked, and how little he cared about concealing himself. Katima yelped and turned her back while Vegeta leapt in surprise and looked away, closing his eyes.

"Kakarot- cover yourself up! Don't you have any shame?" Vegeta cried.

Krillin was laughing loudly, "Goku, you still swim in the nude?"

"Sure, how else would I swim?" asked Goku innocently, looking confused, "The clothing bogs you down."

"Goku- just- p-put something on- anything!" Katima spluttered.

"But I'm still wet-"

"Kakarot- for God's sake just do what she says!" Vegeta shouted.

Goku shrugged and grabbed his clothing from the shore and pulled them on.

"Is it safe to look, Gohan?" Katima asked.

"Yeah," said Gohan, still blushing, "Sorry about that."

"A son shouldn't have to apologize for his father," said Vegeta, glaring at Goku now.

Goku shrugged and picked up a fish and tossed it to Vegeta, who grunted in surprise but caught it out of instinct. Goku tossed the other fish over his shoulder, holding onto its tail like a sack, "You guys are hungry right?" he asked.

"Not so much after that," grumbled Katima.

*scene change*

Katima smiled as Vegeta carried the fish her brother had thrown him. He had that irritated scowl on his face. Katima knew Goku considered Vegeta his friend, and that pissed the prince off the most. But he was behaving himself, and that was honestly all that Katima wanted of him right now. She sent a happy feeling through the bond, and his face relaxed a bit and he glanced at her.

When they reached the cottage, Chichi came storming out, yelling, "It took you boys long enough, the kitchen is a mess- oh. Katima- Krillin- and.. Vegeta?"

Katima smiled at Chichi and went to hug her. Chichi hugged back but still had a look of confusion on her face and kept glancing wearily at Vegeta.

"We'll have to cook out here," she said, "The kitchen is far too much a mess. Krillin- can you help me get the table?"

"Can do," said Krillin and followed her into the house.

"Bring that fish over here, Vegeta," said Goku, walking to the side of the house where a fire pit was.

Vegeta growled in annoyance but went over and tossed him the fish. He quickly went back to Katima's side.

"Damn it," he growled, "Thanks to that fool I smell like fish."

"You can go wash off in the river," said Katima, "I don't mind seeing YOU naked."

Vegeta turned red, but at least that distracted him from hating her brother.

"So, you guys have been training, right?" asked Katima, walking over to Gohan who was hovering at the entrance of his house, obviously unsure if he was allowed to enter or not.

"Not really," said Gohan, looking back, "Dad's mainly been relaxing. I think we'll get to the training soon though- I mean, he can't possibly think that we're ready."

Katima glanced at her brother, happily humming as he began to gut the fish. Somehow, his easygoing attitude made her uneasy. He did realize how strong Cell was, didn't he?

Krillin came out carrying a table, and Katima went to help Chichi with the chairs. As she did so, Chichi whispered to her.

"Can you tell me exactly why you brought HIM along?" she hissed, "I don't need my entire house destroyed if those two get in a argument!"

"Goku wouldn't let that happen," said Katima, "He would make Vegeta get away from the house-"

"This isn't calming my nerves."

"Right," Katima smiled, "He promised me he wouldn't do anything. I made him come. Because one way or the other, I have to make him get over this whole thing."

Chichi set down her chair and glanced over where Vegeta was leaning on a tree, glaring at them all, "He makes me uneasy, no offense."

"I know how to keep him in line," Katima winked, "Don't worry."

Chichi sighed but smiled, "I suppose my nerves are on edge. Having two Super Saiyans in the house- breaking everything- it get's a little crazy."

"That's why we stay toned down," said Katima, "But I think it's all part of his training for the battle."

Chichi's smile faded, "I'm worried. What if you all lose? What if Cell's too strong?"

Katima frowned too, "I don't know. But I have a feeling," she glanced at Goku, "That he has a plan. One that he's keeping up his sleeve."

Chichi got tears in her eyes, "I just don't want my little Gohan fighting- I can't lose him."

"Gohan isn't so little anymore," Katima glanced at the boy as he went to help his father, "I mean, he's almost a teenager. And he's strong," she grabbed Chichi's shoulders, "You should have seen him take on Frieza. You have nothing to worry about, Chichi. And Vegeta and I will watch over him too."

Chichi hugged her, "Thank you, Katima," she said, "I'm so glad to have you in our family."

"Thanks, Chichi," said Katima awkwardly, "Glad to be here."

Katima helped Chichi set the table, and then she sat, waiting for the fish to be done. She glanced at Vegeta and beckoned him. For a moment, she thought he was just going to stay leaning on that tree but he shrugged off of it and reluctantly came forward and sat beside her. He looked highly uncomfortable, and Katima gabbed his hand under the table, squeezing him reassuringly. Gohan sat on her other side and to her dismay, Goku plopped down across from Vegeta, who stiffened.

Krillin placed the slabs of cooked fish on the table, and it took up nearly the whole thing. Goku quickly filled his plate and began mowing down. Vegeta seemed unable to move, so Katima placed some fish on his plate for him and herself and looked at him expectantly. He sighed and made to grab the fish with his bare hand but Katima smacked his wrist and pointed to his silverware muttering, "We're not in the forest!"

"So," Chichi spoke slowly, as if measuring her words, "How have you two been?" she was looking at Katima.

"Oh," Katima turned slightly red, "Well- other than getting our asses kicked by Cell- we- uh- went to Bulma's… and… watched TV…" this was so awkward, and Katima knew Chichi was just trying to make it less so, but it was doing just the opposite.

"Did you guys see anything on Cell?" Gohan asked.

"Nothing," said Krillin, "He must still be picking his spot to fight."

"How hard can it be?" said Gohan threw a mouthful of fish, "I mean he has the whole planet."

"Gohan, don't talk with you mouth full," snapped Chichi.

Katima noticed Vegeta still wasn't eating. He was eyeing Goku with his dark eyes, stiff as a board. Goku was just stuffing his face, unable to talk because he was so busy eating. Katima sighed and began eating her own fish. How on Earth was she going to make the relationship between her brother and Vegeta work? Vegeta was so damn stuck on his pride, it was impossible to make him see reason. And Goku was oblivious to the whole thing- completely unaware of how much Vegeta loathed him for being the stronger fighter. She was honestly contemplating getting Goku to let Vegeta win a brawl between them just to make everything easier, but if Vegeta ever found out about it he would probably revert back to the way she had first met him.

They were two complete opposites- the only thing they had in common was the need to fight, and their appetite- though Vegeta wasn't proving that at the moment, his fish getting cold on his plate.

"Arr'oo 'onna ea' tha'?" Goku asked with his cheeks bulging with fish and his fork pointing to Vegeta's plate.

Vegeta scowled, "Yes, I'm going to eat it!" he snapped and suddenly began munching down as if it were a competition of who could eat the most fish between them Katima rolled her eyes and ate hers at a modestly slow rate. Gohan was eating rather fast too, while Krillin and Chichi watched the boys with mild surprise in their eyes. Katima set her fork down with only half her fish gone. Her stomach was in knots, and she couldn't eat anymore. Vegeta gestured to her plate and Katima felt a question come through the bond. She rolled her eyes again and pushed it to him and he ate what was left on it in less than a minute.

Soon, there was nothing but bones left on the table and everyone's plates. Krillin looked in aw at the three male Saiyans as they practically licked the bones clean.

"I feel like I'm at a table with a bunch of lions," he said.

Katima laughed at that while Goku smiled widely and leaned back in his chair, patting his stomach.

"What's for dessert?" he asked.

"How can you still be hungry?" asked Katima.

Goku shrugged and laughed.

"Do you guys want to stay for the night?" asked Chichi, "We have spare rooms."

"I'll stay," said Krillin, but glanced wearily at Katima and Vegeta.

"We'll go back to Bulma's," said Katima with a slight smile. She knew how far to push her luck, and today she had gone far enough, "And we'll call you if we see anything on the TV."

"Sounds good," Chichi sounded relieved. She probably didn't want two more Saiyans in the house, "You two have a good night."

Katima stood and nodded. As Chichi began taking plates inside, Katima went over to Goku and gave him a hug.

"You do have a plan, don't you?" she asked when she broke from him, looking desperately up into his eyes.

Goku looked up at the sky which was slowly growing darker with the sunset, "Everything will be okay," he promised, looking back at her and smiling, "We have the strongest warriors here," he nodded to Vegeta and though Katima knew he meant well, Vegeta scowled and anger pulsated through the bond, "You two get back home and rest."

"Rest?" snapped Vegeta, taking a threatening step forward, "Rest? Do you even know what we're facing Kakarot? He mopped the floor with three full-blood Saiyans! We can't sit back and rest like this," he gestured around them, "We have to train. And that's what I'm going to do, unlike you who will just sit back and act all mysterious and confident!" he spat on the ground, "I'll be the one to take down Cell. And after that," he narrowed his eyes, "I'll take down you."

With that he turned and took off into the sky, rocketing out of sight in heartbeats.

Katima sighed and shook her head, looking at the ground. Her heart was aching, and suddenly, her eyes burned.

"Why does he have to be like this?" she whispered.

Goku placed a hand on her shoulder, "I'm sorry- I didn't mean to make him mad."

"I know you didn't," said Katima, trying to keep her composure, "It's just Vegeta. You mean him absolutely no harm- but he just persists…" she fell to her knees, "I don't know what to do anymore."

"Hey," Goku knelt, keeping an arm around her shoulders, "It isn't your fault. There's nothing that you can do. He'll burn it off- don't worry."

"No," said Katima, "He won't. He won't until he beats you, Goku. You're the only enemy he's had that he couldn't best."

"But I'm not his enemy anymore," said Goku.

"To him, you always will be," said Katima, "The only way that he didn't attack you outright tonight is because you're my brother. And hurting you would hurt me. But that won't keep him at bay forever."

"Why don't you stay here tonight, Katima?" asked Gohan, "Let him calm down."

Katima slowly stood, "Thank you Gohan, but I think I need some time to myself."

"Just don't get hurt," said Krillin, "Cell is still out there, and we don't know if he'll stay true to his word and not hurt us until the tournament."

Katima shook her head, "I'm not worried," she said, "Thanks for the dinner. I'll call you if I hear anything."

Goku nodded, "We love you Katima."

Katima smiled, "I love you guys too."

She turned and took to the sky, flying in the opposite direction that Vegeta went. For the first time since she fell in love with him, she wanted nothing to do with him at the moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song for this chapter: Head on Collision by New Found Glory