Status: Daily Updates

The Bond

The Mysterious Opponents

Rilan was pretty excited. He followed the others to the waiting room, his hands laced behind his head, a smile on his face. Granted, it seemed a bit worrying that those two were putting everyone on edge, the little one and his big red skinned friend, but he wasn't too concerned. They had the strongest fighters here, and he had been doing nothing but train since he had returned from planet Xeknos six years ago. He was confident in his abilities.

He looked to his opponent, Mighty Mask, a scrawny thing, that walked with a hobble. How this little whelp got passed the initiation was beyond him. It seemed the man's blue eyes were intent on avoiding his. He wondered if he was frightened.

Once in the waiting room, Goku began doing stretches. Rilan chuckled at him, "You seem piped up."

"I'm excited!" Goku grinned as he kept stretching.

"Well with you and Vegeta fighting right off the bat, it's almost like having the final round first!" Krillin said.

Goku laughed, "Why do you think I'm stretching?"

Vegeta grunted, smirking a bit, letting Katima push and arm through his tightly crossed arms to hang there.

The large man, Pintar, stomped toward them, looking at her and Vegeta's arms laced.

"Don't chu think it a bit strange dat you two may 'aff to fight, wit' you bein' togetha'?" he asked, smirking.

"Not in the least," Vegeta snapped, "We fight all the time to train."

"Well, we'll see!" chuckled Pintar. He cast his eyes to Krillin, "And you, little man, chu scared? I'mma squash chu flat out dere!"

Krillin snorted, "Yeah, yeah, hey babe," he turned to face 18, "Why don't we switch? You can have tubby and I can fight Mister Satan!"

"No way, he's all mine," said 18, tossing her hair and walking away.

Krillin pouted.

"Alrighty!" Rilan heard the announcer call, "Let's get the first match started shall we? Krillin versus Pintar!"

Krillin waved at them, "Well I guess I got no choice!"

"Break a leg, Krillin!" said Goku.

"Yeah, hopefully not one of mine!" Krillin laughed.

As he went to go out the entrance, Pintar bumped him aside and pushed past.

"Hey!" Krillin barked when he was shoved into the wall.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see chu down dere!" Pintar laughed.

Krillin grumbled and followed him out toward the ring.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Krillin is quite the skilled fighter, it has been several years since we last saw him, it is quite exciting to see him back in the ring!" said the announcer, "Pintar we saw last year, and though he lost in the semi finals, he's hoping to make a comeback this year!"

Rilan went to the enterance way with the others to watch. He heard things from the crowd.

"Look at the size of them! How is this going to be a fair fight?"

Rilan had to admit, Pintar was nearly nine feet tall, and at least five feet wide in all directions. He was a big boy to say the least, and loud too as he roared at the crowd to make them cheer. But he knew better. Krillin was easily the strongest human alive. This man stood no chance.

"Fight!" the announcer called.

Pintar began with some elaborate flips around the edges of the ring, obviously showing off. He was rather fast for a man his size. He stopped in front of Krillin, smirking.

"Scared yet, little man? Ye wanna run 'ome like a little baby?"

"Just shut up," said Krillin, rolling his eyes.

"Oh ho ho! Chu t'ink ye big stuff, huh? Well I'mma da only big 'un in dis ring, little man!" Pintar stepped forward, patting his large stomach, "I'll even let chu 'aff first 'it, little man, right 'ere, in da gut!"

"Alright," Krillin shrugged and slammed a fist in his stomach.

It looked like it delved into the man's belly like through jelly. Pintar wailed, bending over. Krillin swiftly backed up, and did a back flip, kicking as he did so. It sent Pintar flying up, and then landed bouncing outside the ring with a tremendous thud.

Rilan laughed as the others cheered.

"Ring out!" called the announcer, "Krillin wins the first round!"

Krillin walked casually off the stage, a fist in the air.

Rejoining them in the waiting room, Goku beamed, "That was great Krillin!"

"Ah, it was nothing," said Krillin, looking over at Piccolo, "Well, 'Majunior', they want their next victim! Just promise to go easy on me in the next round, kay?"

However Piccolo seemed very deep in thought. He looked dark, almost worried.

Rilan cast a glance back at the ones called Shin and Kabito. He didn't understand, what had the Namekian so worried?

"Alright, time for round two! Shin versus Majunior!" called the announcer.

Piccolo went by them without a word.

Goku and Gohan looked after him with worried looks. Katima and Vegeta were watching Shin as he left Kabito's side and headed out the entrance. Rilan frowned, leaning on the wall of the entrance way, "I don't get it, what' with that guy?" he asked.

Once the two were on the stage, the announcer cried, "Fight!"

Neither of them moved. They remained completely still, staring at one another. This went on for over a minute, and crowd began to grow restless. Rilan watched as Piccolo slowly began to stare at Shin with shock, almost horror. Rilan shrugged off the wall- what was going on?

"Er, so guys," said the announcer, "Is this gonna happen?"

Piccolo looked back at him, "I'm sorry," he said.

"Huh?"

Piccolo looked back at Shin, "I can't," he stated flatly.

"What?" cried the announcer as Piccolo turned and began to walk off the stage, "Does this mean you're withdrawing?"

"Yes, it does," said Piccolo, and headed back toward the waiting room.

The crowd booed heavily, seeming angry that they didn't get to see a fight. Rilan saw Shin out there, merely smiling contently. An eerie feeling went up his spine.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Majunior has forfeit the match, therefore Shin is winner by default!" the announcer called.

Piccolo came through the entrance and passed them. Goku spoke, "Is he really that powerful, Piccolo?"

Piccolo paused.

"Yes. More powerful than you can imagine."

They all looked at him in shock.

"What's that supposed to mean?" asked Rilan, lowering his arms.

"You're scarin' me, bro!" said Krillin, "I have to fight that guy next! Please tell me you're kidding!"

"I'm afraid not," said Piccolo.

"Next up in the third round is Katima versus Yamu!" the announcer called.

Katima kissed Vegeta on the cheek and unlaced her arm from his. She looked at Piccolo with worry then at Goku.

"What should we do?" she asked.

"We can't do anything right now," said Goku.

Rilan nodded, "Best to just keep going through the tournament. You're up, chick."

Katima nodded, "Right! I'm ready!" she beamed.

*scene change*

Katima came out of the waiting room, a big grin on her face. The crowd was massive! She spotted Bulma and Chichi and the others in the crowd, purely by spotting the Ox King's massive form. She waved at them and at the rest of the crowd. She turned to see Yamu, the smaller of the two beefed up veined men with the M's on their forehead, following her, a scowl on his face.

"This will be Katima's first tournament, she passed the initiation with flying colors and is in the competition with both her brother and her husband! Her son, Makoto, if you all remember well, won the junior division this morning!" said the announcer, "Yamu is back from last year's defeat in the semi-finals, and it looks like he has beefed up for the occasion! This will be an exciting match, ladies and gentlemen, I just know it!"

Katima climbed onto the stage and went to the middle and twirled to face Yamu. She saw her brother and husband and the others watching her from the waiting room and grinned. She was excited to show her strength. Yamu however appeared very rigid and angry. Katima had never seen such rage in one's eyes since she first met Vegeta. She reached out with her senses to feel his power level. There was something odd about it, like a shadow hiding something that lay beneath.

She frowned, but didn't let it bother her. Some humans were strong, like Krillin. She crouched at the ready, smiling again. She just hoped he put up a good fight.

"Fight!" called the announcer.

Katima waited to let Yamu make the first move. She wasn't sure how strong, or rather, how weak he was. She didn't want to accidently kill him and get disqualified. She kept her guard up.

He seemed so darkly calm. It almost sent a chill down Katima's spine. He looked at her and slowly crouched. All he wore were pants, and his muscles buldged alone his bare torso in an almost sickly way. Then, faster than she would have expected, he launched forward, swinging up a kick. She blocked it easily, but her arm bent a bit to the blow. This guy was actually strong! She grinned.

"Oh good," she said, "I was afraid this was going to be boring."

Yamu grunted at her and darted out a punch. Katima jumped back to avoid it, and then hopped forward and slammed a punch in his gut. She was still holding back, and he bent with the blow, gasping. She thrust up her knee into his face as it came down, and his whole body went up and back. He landed on his back roughly and Katima pouted a bit. Aw. That was it? Maybe she shouldn't have been so rough straight off.

"That was quick!" she heard Krillin laugh.

"Wow, ladies and gentlemen, it looks like Katima has already won! I'll start counting!" however before he could do so, Yamu got up.

The crowd gasped and cheered and Katima grinned.

"I was worried I beat you too soon," she said.

Yamu just glared at her. There was a slight discoloration near the tattooed M where she had kneed him.

Katima crouched again, jerking her head to beckon him, "Come on then."

He rushed her again, and Katima met him easily. She blocked a punch, a kick, and dodged a head butt. Yamu growled in annoyance, but before he could make another move, Katima swiped a punch across his face, slamming him into the ground. He landed hard, bouncing once even. But this guy was tough! He got up slowly, blood trickling from a split lip.

"You got some endurance, friend," said Katima, placing her hands on her hips.

"I am no friend of yours," he snarled.

Katima blinked, "It's just a competition, hun, no need to get so uptight."

Yamu thrust up a fist, making to uppercut her as he fully stood. Katima backed up just in time, she felt the air on her chin as his fist came up. Fast, too. This was becoming more and more interesting as the game went on! A human with some fight!

She began dodging an onslaught of attacks, bouncing back and forth, keeping elegant as she did so. It almost seemed like he was getting faster as he went along, and soon Katima had to start blocking instead of dodging. She raised a brow. Interesting, his strength continued to surprise her.

"Look at them go!" the announcer called, "It looks like Yamu can't even land a punch! Katima sure is fast!"

Katima ducked a wide swing and thrust upward, slamming the top of her head against his jaw. He fell backward again and Katima laughed, rubbing the crown of her head.

"Damn, you must have a jaw of steel! That kinda hurt!" she said.

Yamu once again got to his feet, fury in his eyes. Katima blinked at him and sighed, "I suppose leading you on like this isn't very polite is it?" she said, placing hands on her hips.

"Shut up and fight!" Yamu cried, rushing at her again.

Katima jumped out of his way and he streaked past her. She twirled and pushed his back lightly, making him lose balance. She chuckled as he turned, looking absolutely furious.

"Alright, time to end this then," said Katima, cracking her knuckles.

Quick as a snake, she darted out a punch, landing it in his face, making him howl and cover his nose, then she twisted and threw a kick into his side, causing him to go up into the air. Before he could land, she jumped up, slamming a knee into his gut. She landed, and then so did he, in a heap at her feet, unmoving.

"Well it looks like Katima has won this match, everyone, I'll start counting! One! Two!"

Katima was already turning to walk off the stage, a smirk on her face, but as she walked, she heard the crowd gasp and the announcer stopped counting, looking past her in shock. Katima frowned and turned, raising one brow. Damn.

He was up.

This guy just didn't quit!

"Something isn't right," she heard Rilan say across the way, "No human can have the endurance of a Tygrian- what IS this guy?"

Katima agreed. This man had the endurance of Rilan and Trunks, but she knew Rilan was the last full blooded Tygrian left alive. She clenched her fists.

"Fine," she said, "If you won't stay down, I'll just ring you out!" she rushed him, and before he could fully recover, Yamu received a punch under his chin, which sent him flying off the ring, however, he didn't hit the grass. As soon as he went over, he came to an abrupt stop, hovering in the air.

The bastard could fly!

"Yamu is floating!" the announcer cried, "Incredible!"

Katima blinked, completely shocked.

"The hell?" she said as he landed, gasping, wiping blood from his chin, "Fine, you wanna play in the air, we can do that."

She jumped up into the air, glaring down at him and holding out a hand, "Let's see how you do against this!" she calls.

An orb of power formed in her hand and she shot it down. It was small, but strong, and sure enough, it slammed into the man's chest. He crashed into the stage floor, his chest bleeding a bit. She knew it! Any normal human that would have cut right though. Something was terribly wrong with this guy.

She had to end this, before something bad happened. She dived downward just as he was getting to his feet, hooked her arms beneath his and lifted him into the air. He squirmed wildly as she went over the edge of the stage. She flipped backward in midair, and let him go as she faced the ground again.

He wasn't able to stop in time for this one. Yamu crashed into the grass, a small crater forming where he landed.

"R-Ring out," stuttered the announcer.

Katima hovered back and landed on the stage, narrowing her eyes as the man slowly got up from the crater. Several paramedics were there, but he barked at them and they scurried off. Yamu glared at her darkly.

"Katima has won the third round, ladies and gentlemen! What a spectacular show that was! Amazing! It seems her son got it from somewhere, huh?"

The crowd roared around her and Katima put on a smile and waved as she headed back to the waiting room, but a bad feeling was in the pit of her stomach. That man wasn't as strong as her, but his strange power still made her edgy.

Returning to the others, they were all looking at her with the same concern. She saw Vegeta looking over to Yamu as he stalked off, a look of wonder on his face.

"Something wasn't right with that guy," said Rilan, "He can't be part Tygrian."

"What's Tygrian?" Videl asked.

Rilan flushed red as Gohan scowled at him.

"It's uh- a small country in Europe, Tygria- we're famous for our- er- endurance- yes." He stammered.

"I never learned of Tygria in school," said Videl.

"Up next in round four is Videl versus Spovavich!" called the announcer.

"Oh look, Videl, you're up!" Gohan pushed her toward the entrance, "Go get 'im, champ!"

Videl grunted and pushed him off, "I heard, moron," she looked toward the stage, a slow grin coming to her face, "See you in the next round, Katima," she winked back at her and headed out.

Katima grinned but it faded as the large man, Spovavich, stomped passed them to follow her out. He was Yamu's friend, same bald head, same bulging muscles, same veins popping out, and same M tattooed on his forehead.

"How strong was Yamu really, Katima?" Gohan asked her, also frowning from beneath his sunglasses and bandana.

Katima frowned, "Too strong to be an average human," she said, looking at him, "I think Videl is in for quite the fight."

Goku was glaring out at the ring. She saw her brother look at Vegeta. Vegeta met his gaze, both of them seemed to be thinking along the same lines with the look they exchanged. Katima frowned and went to Vegeta's side to watch the fight. Glancing back, she saw Piccolo, who looked to be in a state of shock back toward the open courtyard past the stage. She wondered if it was how strange Yamu was, but she spotted Shin, smirking at him, and say something before walking passed.

Katima frowned.

What was this Shin guy? Why did he scare Piccolo enough to make him forfeit? It seemed that their little competition event was being tainted by trouble. It had been six years since Katima felt this edgy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song for this Song: I Don't Know Where I Go by the Rubbish Zoo.
You will only find this song on youtube, the undressed version is my favorite. Rubbish Zoo is a small band, not very well known yet. I hope you guys enjoy them.