Status: Daily Updates

The Bond

Videl is Crushed

Makoto pouted as he slowly went along the bleachers. He spotted Auntie Chichi and Miss Bulma with the others and walked along toward them. The humans he passed all cheered when they saw him.

"Hey! It's the kid who beat Mister Satan!"

"Look at how tough he looks, how adorable!"

"Sure is tiny to pack such a punch!"

They all laughed with their remarks and Makoto growled under his breath, crossing his arms.

"Makoto!" Auntie Chichi spotted him first, "Sweetheart, there you are! Where are Trunks and Goten?"

"They're still changing," Makoto lied. He had changed back into his jeans and Capsule Corp hoody that lay open over a shirt with a dragon design on it, and his tennis shoes with little wings on the heels.

"Why do you look so upset, kiddo, you knocked Hercule right out the ring!" the human called Yamcha laughed and ruffled his hair.

Makoto grunted and pouted under his hand. Stupid Trunks and Goten! Off and about to fight in the adult championship! It wasn't fair! He wanted to fight too!

"Did you see your mom, Makoto?" Bulma asked, "She just won the third round."

"Of course she did," Makoto snapped, "My Mom is way stronger than those stupid humans."

"Makoto!" Chichi hissed, "What did we tell you about the 'human' word?"

Makoto let out a "Hmph" and went to sit by Marin on the floor of the seats the adults were in.

"A chip off the old block if you ask me," he heard the old human, Roshi, say, "Acts just like his old man!"

"That's for sure," laughed Bulma, "You should see him at home, 'Miss Bulma! Food!'"

"You did weally well out there, Makoto!" Marin said, the little blond girl smiling at him. She was only four, a year younger than him.

Makoto couldn't help but smirk a bit, "I know," he said.

He stretched out his tail under the cover of the adults and sighed in relief. It was so stiff from being tucked around his waist all day! Marin giggled at the sight of it, "I still t'ink it's funny you have a tail!"

Makoto flicked her with the tip of it and she laughed.

"Makoto! Put it away!" whispered Bulma.

"It hurts," said Makoto, "No one can see! Look!" he tucked it around her feet, "Just don't step on it."

Bulma sighed, "Oh fine," she looked up, "Oh, it's Videl!"

Makoto looked out and saw the human he and Goten had learned to fly with. Her opponent was a huge man with bulging muscled and veins. Makoto stiffened a bit, frowning. He felt a really strange power from this man. How could a stupid human have this kind of feel? The crowd was going wild around them, chanting Videl's name.

"Wow, she sure had a lot of fans!" said Bulma.

"That's Gohan's girlfriend," said Chichi proudly, "And her family is very rich, she's the perfect match for my son!"

Makoto was still glaring down at the stage as the two squared off in the middle.

"What is it, Makoto?" Marin asked him, "Are ya thirty?" she offered him her oversized cup.

Makoto shook his head, frowning down at the man. Bulma seemed to notice.

"Are you okay, kiddo?" she asked.

"Miss Bulma, he has the same M on his head like the guy Mom fought," he said.

"He does," said Yamcha.

"I don't like him," said Makoto simply.

"Why not, Makoto?" asked Oolong, the pig on the other side of Bulma.

"He just feels weird," said Makoto.

"He looks ready for a fight, that's for sure," said Chichi, "But Videl knows how to fight, just like me at her age," she smiled, "I'm sure she can handle him."

*scene change*

Vegeta looked out at the stage, a frown on his face. How could mere humans have such a strange power about them? His eyes flicked up to the crowd when he felt a familiar power source flicker up there and saw his son looking down at the stage, and equal look of confusion on his face. Makoto had always been able to sense powers well for his age, but it still fathomed Vegeta how sensitive the boy was.

"I have a bad feeling," Katima muttered to him, "About this whole thing. That Shin guy, these two men with the M's on their foreheads… something isn't right."

"I think you guys need to relax," said Krillin, looking out at the stage, "I'm sure she's got this!"

"Videl is quite the fighter," said Gohan, nodding.

Kakarot was still glaring out at the stage, a tight frown on his face. Vegeta knew, if something bothered Kakarot, it was a problem. He looked out, leaning against the frame of the entrance, narrowing his eyes.

"You all know Videl is the daughter of the world champion, Hercule Satan. You may also have seen her around the city, helping our boys in blue with cleaning up the crime in the streets!" said the announcer into the microphone, "Facing her today is Spovavich, who is hoping to turn around his terrible defeat against Mister Satan in the first round last year! He's buffed up since then, and even got a new tattoo!"

Lost to that Hercule fool? Then he had to be weak then- what changed?

"Fight!" called the announcer.

Spovavich seemed ready to fight, looking furious and breathing heavily like a gorilla. Vegeta watched as Videl launched at him, and the fight begun.

It seemed like a one sided match for a long time, the human girl, Videl, continuously attacked viciously, knocking the larger man back, but, like Yamu, he just kept getting back up. Soon, Videl unleashed a massive attack, which Vegeta could not see the larger man getting up from, but Spovavich shakily returned to his feet once again. More and more Vegeta felt unease. Something wasn't right.

Seeing a movement out of the corner of his eyes he looked to see Kakarot looking at him. Kakarot nodded, as if telling him that he too knew something was wrong. Vegeta merely looked away, turning back to the fight.

"It's just like that Yamu, he just keeps getting back up," Katima whispered.

"She would be better off just giving up now," said Kakarot.

"You can't mean that," said Gohan, looking at his father, "She's tough! She can do this!"

On the stage, Videl was finally hit. She landed heavily on the ground, but got up, wiping her mouth from the punch. Spovavich laughed, heading toward her.

"This ends now!" Videl cried.

She launched up, twisting, and delivered a massive kick to Spovavich's face. Vegeta blinked in shock as those around him gasped and yelped.

Spovavich's head was twisted completely around. She had snapped his neck.

The massive man fell, motionless. There were cries of horror from the crowd.

"She didn't!" Gohan gasped.

"Well… ladies and gentlemen…" said the announcer sadly, "It seems that Videl had beaten her opponent, however she will be disqualified for using excessive force…"

On the stage, Videl dropped to her knees, shaking her head.

Vegeta felt a spark.

"He's not dead," he said to Katima.

"What?' she hissed, then looked out just as all of the crowd howled in shock.

Spovavich was getting to his feet.

Videl looked up in horror as the man grabbed his own head and twisted it back in place with a sickening crack.

"What the hell?" Katima hissed, "There's no way! He can't be human!"

With a dark chuckle, Spovavich launched forward and kneed Videl in the face. She went sailing off the stage, but then, she stopped, floating in midair above the grass.

"Atta girl!" called Gohan, "I taught her that you know," he said to his father.

Kakarot remained hard faced. He shook his head, "She would have been better off landing out of the ring," he said.

Gohan stared at his father for a moment before looking back at the fight.

The crowd seemed to be going wild, either still cries of horror or cheers as Videl flew up and back onto the stage. Vegeta frowned tightly. What was this man's secret? How could he twist his head around from being snapped?

*scene change*

Katima clutched Vegeta's arm as she watched. Spovavich now had the tables turned. He continuously punched and kicked and kneed Videl across the stage. She had wasted all her energy from trying to down him from the start of the match and now, she was completely out of power. Katima gritted her teeth as the girl was tossed about like a rag doll. Finally, she got some distance from him, and took to the air again. She remained up there, panting.

"Good!" Gohan called, "Now you just stay up there Videl, until you get your strength back!"

But then, Spovavich took to the sky as well, laughing deviously as he charged up toward her.

"No!" Katima hissed.

"He- he can't!" Videl cried.

The man went high up above her, and held out a hand toward her.

"No way," hissed Gohan.

Dark energy formed in the man's hand, and it shot out toward Videl. She seemed in too much shock to even try to avoid it. It slammed into her and she fell toward the ground. She just barely managed to flip over to land on all fours.

"He can shoot beams too?" Krillin gasped, "Well I guess we're just lucky he can't make very strong ones."

"You're wrong."

Katima blinked as Vegeta spoke and she looked at him, "What?" she hissed.

"The man has some kind of unlimited power," he said plainly.

"Is that true?" Gohan asked, looking at Goku.

"I don't know how to explain it," said Goku, "Last time he fought in this tournament, he couldn't fly OR shoot energy waves. I don't know how he could have changed so much."

Katima wondered how Goku knew this, but then remembered. Oh yeah. He's dead, and has King Kai. She wouldn't put it past her brother to watch every tournament he could through that telepathy.

"What does that mean?" Gohan demanded.

"I don't know, son," said Goku flatly.

"What is he?" snapped Rilan, "Surely, not human!"

Videl was slowly getting to her feet, but before she could fully, Spovavich landed in front of her and kicked her up into the air. Before she could get too high, he slammed an elbow down on her, making her hit the ground hard. He then crouched over her and began to punch her in the gut, over and over before kicking her again, this time straight across. Katima felt slightly relieved as it seemed Videl was going to fall out of the ring. She knew at this point there was no way she was going to beat Spovavich.

But then, to her shock and slight disgust, Spovavich chased after her, and grabbed her leg just before she fell out of the ring. He tossed her back onto the stage as if she were a toy.

"What?" Krillin gasped, "He's just playing with her! Why doesn't he end it?"

"He's enjoying it too much," said Rilan darkly, "Remember, Hercule beat him last time. Why not beat his daughter to a pulp for revenge?"

Gohan clenched his fists as Videl was tossed into the air, batted down, smacked across the stage, and finally clenched by the head and beat viscously in the gut, over, and over. Katima was painfully reminded of when Frieza did this to Vegeta back on Namek, used him as a punching bag, just toying with him, not ending it like he had the power to. She felt like Gohan must feel pretty close to how she felt then. Deny it as he may, she knew her nephew liked Videl more than a friend would.

Videl was tossed across the stage. She slid to where the announcer was, just her head hanging over the edge, gasping and groaning in pain.

"V-Videl- not to interfere, but don't you think this would be a good time to throw in the towel? Let's call it a day, huh?" the announcer said, holding the microphone to her.

"N-no!" Videl cried, "I- I can still beat this guy!"

"Videl!" Katima cried, "Stop it, give up! You can't beat him!"

Videl ignored her, getting shakily to her feet and charging him. She jumped into the air and kicked him several times, but Spovavich just laughed and caught her by the leg and slammed her onto the ground. He began punching her wildly again, until Katima felt Videl's life source flickering. She saw Spovavich stand and slam a boot on her head, pressing down. Videl screamed in pain and agony.

"N-no!" Gohan clenched his fists, and Katima felt the old flare of power hit her nephew, the one that activated whenever he was pushed too far.

"Gohan, no, control yourself," Goku said sharply, "Don't go out there."

"I can't just sit by and watch this!" Gohan cried, "Not with her! Not Videl!"

A gold aura surrounded him and he transformed. The power made his bandana fly off, as well as his cape. His hair stood on end, golden and glowing.

"Gohan-!" Katima went to grab him but he rushed out.

"Videl!" he cried.

But before he got far, there was another voice.

"Spovavich."

Katima blinked in surprise as she saw Yamu was hovering on the outskirts of the ring, glaring at his larger companion.

"Stop playing around," he snapped, "Have you forgotten what we came here for?"

Spovavich grunted and removed his foot from Videl.

"End it." Ordered Yamu.

Spovavich growled and kicked Videl. She slid across the stage and rolled off the side, landing heavily in the grass.

Gohan powered down, his hair going black as he rushed to where she was.

After a moment, Katima saw him pick her up and head toward them.

"You got any sensu beans, Krillin?' Goku asked.

"I didn't think we'd need any!" said Krillin.

"Right, I'm going to get some from Korin," said Goku, placing two fingers on his head and vanishing.

Gohan came through the entrance, "I'm taking her to the medical wing," he said.

"Goku just went to get sensu beans," Rilan said. He looked over the girl, "She looks pretty bad," he said.

He was right. Videl's face was bloodied terribly, her clothes tattered and ripped, her knees and elbows raw.

"I know," Gohan looked down at her, and though his eyes were hidden by sunglasses, Kaitma had a feeling they were swimming with emotion, "But hopefully my dad will get back soon. I'm taking her, I'll be back."

He sprinted away, and Katima sighed. She hoped the girl would be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song for this Chapter: The Melting Point of Wax by Thrice