Status: Daily Updates

The Bond

The True Threat

Makoto was frowning down at the stage. He knew it! Something had been up with that guy! His tail twitched and Bulma squeaked, "Makoto, stop that!" she said.

He sighed and retracted it, wrapping it around his waist again instead on being between her feet.

"Gohan is next," said Chichi, "With that Kabito fellow."

Makoto stood to see, "It's taking them a while," he said irritably. He wanted to see his cousin Gohan fight.

"Well he was helping Videl," said Yamcha, grinning, "I'm sure it's taking him a second to make sure she's okay."

"Kakarot left and then came back," said Makoto, "I felt him."

"Left and came back?" repeated Roshi, "I bet he went to get some sensu beans."

"That'll fix Videl right up!" said Oolong.

Makoto grinned when he saw his big cousin finally step out onto the stage with the large red skinned man that was Kabito. He beamed and heard across the crowd, someone cheering Gohan's name.

Gohan looked up in surprise where the cheers were coming from and Makoto saw him sigh and take off his sunglasses.

"Looks like his disguise didn't work," said Yamcha, chuckling.

"He does have distinctive hair," said Bulma.

Makoto beamed and called out, "Go get 'im Gohan! Show him true warrior strength!"

He wasn't sure if this man was human, but he knew for sure that he wasn't any match to anyone who had Saiyan blood in them! His dad always said that Saiyans were the strongest in the universe!

Gohan smiled up at him and waved before facing Kabito.

But when the announcer declared the battle begun, they didn't fight. They stood still, speaking to one another. Makoto looked on in confusion. It seemed that they were arguing.

"What are they doin'?" Marin asked.

"It looks like they're just talking," said Bulma.

Then, Makoto saw Gohan clench his fists, and begin to power up. The stage's tile began to rise around him, and his hair leapt to gold.

"Hey, no fair!" Makoto shouted as all the humans around him gasped in shock, "How come Gohan gets to transform?"

"But you did transform, Makoto," said the Ox King, Gohan's grandpa.

Makoto pouted, "But I wasn't supposed to, and he's just doin' it right off the bat! Totally not fair! Goten and I could have fought as Super and Trunks even as ascended and it would have been way more fun!"

The others laughed around him and Makoto grumbled. But then, he spotted something odd. Down below in a corner of the grass that surrounded the stage, was Spovavich and Yamu, holding a strange device and staring at Gohan.

Makoto had a bad feeling about them, and he narrowed his eyes. Something was up.

*scene change*

Gohan was finished powering up, his cry fading away and his hands returning to his sides. The tiles he had caused to raise all fell back into place. Kabito was staring at him in shock, and Gohan smirked. He had been told to go Super Saiyan, and was confused as to how this man knew he was a Saiyan at all, but Piccolo had told him to do it. He trusted his old mentor, and gave Kabito even more than he asked, going to the second level of Super Saiyan that only he had been able to do so far, not including when Katima and Vegeta used the Bond.

His ear twitched, however, when he heard Vegeta's snide voice.

"Your son was a lot stronger when he faced Cell, Kakarot, I think he's gotten soft."

Gohan sighed slightly. It was true, he wasn't as strong as he had been when he was a child and faced Cell. He hadn't trained nearly as much as he did in those days, as he had been trying to live a normal life. But so much for that. His classmates knew now that not only was he Saiyaman, but ALSO the gold fighter! He would never be able to go back to school, everyone would think he was a freak!

"So what should I do now?" Gohan demanded of Kabito, "Start fighting?"

However before Kabito could reply, Gohan sensed two energy signatures heading for them. He whirled to see Spovavich, the freak that had beaten Videl to a pulp, and Yamu, his friend that Katima had defeated. In Yamu's hands was a strange looking device that reminded Gohan of a hand held vacuum, but instead of the tunnel for suction, there was a spike. They were headed right for Gohan, and he readied himself.

Good. He had wanted a chance to wipe the floor with Spovavich for what he did to Videl. But before he could, something wrapped around him. He couldn't see it, but it seemed like pure energy just coiled around his torso, his arms pinned to his sides, and down to his legs that snapped together. He couldn't budge as Spovavich landed and wrapped his beefy arms around him and Yamu stabbed the spike into his side.

Gohan howled in pain, but still could not move. Slowly, he felt his energy being drained away from the point where he was being stabbed. What was going on? Who were these men? And why wasn't anyone, not even his father, trying to help him!

*scene change*

Makoto gasped and stood up when he saw Gohan get grabbed.

"Gohan!" he shouted.

As his cousin was stabbed, Makoto powered up to Super Saiyan. The humans around that weren't part of their group gasped and yelped at his transformation.

"Makoto no!" Bulma grabbed his arm, "It's too dangerous!"

But even as he spoke, Chichi jumped up and started climbing down people below them to get to the stage, "Gohan! You filthy men get your hands off my boy!"

"I can help him!" said Makoto, jerking out of Miss Bulma's grip, "I have to!"

But even as he leapt up into the air, the men released Gohan. As Makoto flew down, he saw that the device they had stabbed him with was glowing. Just as Makoto landed, they took off into the sky, leaving Gohan to fall flat on his face.

"Hey!" Makoto yelled, looking up where the two bald men were retreating, "Get back here, cowards!" he cried, about to jump up and fly after them, but he heard his mother.

"Makoto!"

The boy turned to her just as the short man with the Mohawk, Shin, spoke, "I must go after them to find out where they are taking Gohan's power. Kabito will heal Gohan, he will be fine. I could use your help," he was looking at Kakarot, "But I understand if you wish to stay here."

With that, he turned and took after the two bald men.

"Gohan!" Makoto went to Gohan and knelt by him, staying in Super Saiyan form. He wasn't the only one. Videl came running over as well, completely healed from her battle with Spovavich. She looked panicked, too much to even be concerned that Makoto was blond at the moment.

"He'll be fine," said Kabito, "Please move child, so that I may heal him."

"Makoto, come here," snapped his father.

Makoto pulled himself away from Gohan and flew over to his father's side.

"What did you think you were doing?" Katima demanded, "You could have been hurt, you don't know what those men were doing!"

"They were hurting Gohan!" said Makoto, "I had to help! No one else was!"

"We were told to not interfere," said Rilan, "By the Supreme Kai himself."

"What's a Kai?" Makoto asked.

Katima sighed, "He doesn't know about the Kai's yet, Rilan."

"What are we going to do?" asked Krillin.

"I'm going after Shin," said Goku, smiling.

"What?" asked Krillin, "You don't know what he's going after though, Goku!"

"I know, but it has to be big, don't you think?" asked Kakarot, "I trust that Gohan will be fine, so I'm going."

"Well I hate to say it, but you're probably right. I better come along," said Krillin.

"Great, then let's go-" began Kakarot, but Vegeta interrupted him.

"I know what you're doing!" he snarled at him, walking up and looking up at him. Uncle Kakarot had a whole head over Makoto's father, "You're trying to skip out on our match, aren't you?"

"Whoa, calm down Vegeta," laughed Kakarot, but Vegeta grabbed him by the front of his shirt.

"Listen, Kakarot, we're scheduled to fight after one match and you WILL fight me!"

"Vegeta, there's some things a bit more important right now!" said Kakarot.

"The only reason I entered this tournament was to beat you!" shouted Vegeta.

"Vegeta, calm down," said Katima, stepping forward and placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I promise after this we'll have our match, okay?" said Kakarot, "Why don't you two come with?"

Vegeta growled at him.

"Whoa, I better tell the missus!" said Krillin, running off, "I'll catch up!"

"I'm going," said Rilan, crossing his arms, "This entire thing just reeks of bad news."

"Let's go," said Piccolo.

Him, Kakarot, and Rilan took off.

"I want to go!" said Makoto, grabbing his mother's hand.

"You have to stay here," said Katima, looking down at him, "With Gohan, okay?"

Makoto pouted but slowly nodded, "Fine."

*scene change*

Following her brother, Katima kept close to Vegeta's side. She could tell how irritated her husband was. All he wanted to do was fight Goku, and now this popped up. He wasn't even in the least concerned about the trouble at hand, only mad he was getting his match delayed. However Katima was swimming with worry.

She had a terrible feeling about this.

She remembered the dream she had received six years ago, of Lily telling her that if she would die facing Dengen, the one who would save everything would never come to be… And that bundle, the babe inside with Makoto's eyes.

She knew her son was the one that Lily had held in her dream. Katima knew from the moment he was born. But was it just a dream? She had had a feeling in her gut that a terrible foe would come to face them that no one could beat, not even Goku or Gohan, but could it be true that Makoto would save everything? He was only five…

She hoped that he would listen, and stay behind with Gohan. The last thing she needed was to worry about her son. Up ahead, she saw a shape. It was Shin, or the Supreme Kai as she now knew. Who would have known that the overseer of the universe was the tiny man all along? But it bode ill news. If he was here… this had to be bad.

"Hey wait!" Goku called.

Shin looked back at them and smiled, slowing his pace to allow them to catch up, "I am glad you decided to come. Without all of your help I would not be able to defeat them."

"You need us to beat those two?" Goku asked, baffled.

"No, it is not Spovavich and Yamu that concern me. It is the wizard controlling them," said Shin gravely.

"Wizard?" Rilan asked, looking confused.

"Yes," said Shin, "Long ago, when the human race was still in its infancy, an evil wizard called Bibbity was known. He went across the universe, leaving chaos in his wake with the assistance of his own creation that was built to only destroy. This creation was known as Majin Buu."

"Buu, huh?" Goku said, "So what did this guy do?"

"Buu had no remorse or feelings. He was an instrument of fear and terror," continued Shin, "His single desire was to eliminate all living things, and he was very good at it."

Katima saw a smirk come across Vegeta's lips. She looked at him, and an old feeling rose in her, fear of Vegeta's thirst for power. She pushed it away. Surely he was just feeling like he could defeat this Buu easily, even if he was said to be a monster.

"Bibbity and Buu went across the universe, hundreds of planets being reduced to rubble in their wake, entire galaxies wiped from existence. Nothing could withstand their evil," said Shin darkly.

"Heh," Vegeta whispered in Katima's ear, "It sounds like this Buu would have made a good Saiyan."

"You're wrong, Vegeta," said Shin, looking back at him, which made Vegeta blink in surprise, "There were five Grand Kai's at the time, each one several times stronger than the one you called Frieza. They all fought Buu, and only one survived. He would have wiped out your entire Saiyan race, just like so many others."

Vegeta grunted, narrowing his eyes. Katima stared. Was this Buu creature truly so powerful?

"Buu eventually became so powerful that even Bibbity had problems controlling him," said Shin, "So he created an orb to place him in, which he would lie dormant until the counter spell was used this orb to transport him planet to planet. The orb was brought here, intent on the Earth being its next target. Obviously, this action was prevented, but the ball remains here on Earth, to this very day.

"I had the chance to destroy him, however I decided to let him remain hidden."

"What?" asked Rilan, "But why?"

"Because he was no threat so long as he remained in the ball, and until recently, we thought that Bibbity was that only one who could release him."

"Until now," said Katima, narrowing her eyes.

"Bibbity had a son," said Shin, voice hardened, "Named Bobbity, he is here on Earth."

"What?" Goku gasped.

"At any cost, we must stop him," said Shin harshly.

"What is he going to do?" asked Goku.

"He intends to continue his father's work," hissed Shin, "He is going to release Majin Buu!"

*scene change*

Makoto jumped back up on the stage. His tail was lolling behind him, twitching with annoyance as his parents flew away. It wasn't fair- he had wanted to go fight those freaks too! How could weakling humans have such a strong power?

Kabito was hovering over Gohan, and Videl remained nearby, a worried look on her face. She had changed out of the ragged clothes she had been in and wore a shirt that said FIGHT in all capital letters. Makoto stopped beside her, powering down, his hair returning to black. He could hear the murmurs through the crowd, of shock and confusion. He kept his eyes on his big cousin however.

Two men with a stretcher came running up onto the stage. They set it down nearby and went to Kabito, who had a hand on Gohan's shoulder.

"We'll take it from here, sir," they said.

Kabito looked up and gave a menacing growl. They took a step back.

With a brilliant flash of light Makoto gasped as Gohan's power rocketed back. His eyes snapped open and his skin, which had taken on a sickly gray tone flooded with color again. He slowly stood, flexing his hands. The men with the stretcher yelped and took it off the stage. Videl was looking on with shock.

"Gohan?" she asked.

"I- I'm better," said Gohan. He looked at Kabito, "Thank you!"

"I am going after the Supreme Kai," said Kabito, getting to his feet, "I would appreciate it if you would follow me. But I understand that you may want to wait a moment. I will wait for you ahead."

Gohan nodded and Kabito took off into the air.

"What's going on, Gohan?" Makoto asked, "Why did those men attack you?"

"I don't know, Makoto," said Gohan, his eyes on Kabito's retreating figure.

"It was the same guys that had that weird power!" said Videl, "Spovavich and Yamu!"

"With the M's on their foreheads," noted Makoto, frowning.

Videl looked down at him and her eyes got really big, "M-Makoto- what is that?"

She pointed at his tail.

Makoto looked back at it and flicked it, "My tail," he said simply.

"WHAT?" Videl cried.

Gohan sighed heavily, "Makoto, why aren't you keeping it around your waist?" he asked.

"Because you went Super Saiyan, like WAY Super. I figured we weren't hiding anymore," he said, looking at his big cousin with innocent eyes.

Gohan ran a hand down his face.

"You mean, that fur belt- this entire time it was a TAIL?" asked Videl.

"Videl!"

Makoto glanced back and scowled. It was that Hercule man, rushing to the edge of the stage, "Videl, get away from that scrawny punk right now!"

Makoto stuck his tongue out at Hercule and he blanched when he spotted the boy, and his now lashing tail.

"I'm going after him," said Gohan, turning to Videl.

Makoto looked back, "I am too!" he said.

"This is too dangerous for you, Makoto!" said Gohan sternly, "I don't want you to get hurt!"

"Well I'm coming," said Videl, "Please let me go, Gohan!" When Gohan opened his mouth, looking ready to argue, she pressed, "If you don't- I'll just follow you anyway!"

Gohan sighed and shook his head, "Fine, you can come."

"Hey!" Makoto snapped, pointing at Videl, "Why can't I go if SHE gets to go, Gohan? I'm way stronger than her!"

"Hey!" Videl piped, looking at him, insulted.

"Makoto!" Gohan sighed, "Fine, but both of you, at the first sign of things getting rough, do you promise to leave?"

"Can do," said Videl, nodding.

Makoto pouted, "Whatever," he muttered.

"Then let's go," said Gohan.

They took up to the sky. Makoto looked back once to see Hercule looking at them in pure shock. Makoto waved both his hand and tail, smirking, before facing forward again and chasing after his cousin. Ha! Goten and Trunks may have gotten to enter the adult tournament, but he got to go see what kind of bad guys those weird humans were!

As they made their wave toward the coast, over the city, Makoto could see Kabito. He smiled at them and turned to begin flying. He slowed for them to catch up. He then relayed the same story that somewhere far off Shin had told Makoto's parents and the others.

"So, this Buu monster is here?" asked Gohan, "Why attack this planet so long ago?"

"It didn't matter what planet Bibbity and Buu came across, they would destroy it just to destroy it…" said Kabito.

"This is insane, aliens?" asked Videl, "And now this Bobbity wizard, his son is here? And Yamu and Spovavich worked for him?"

"He controls them," said Kabito.

"But if not to win the tournament, why make them enter? What did they do to me?" asked Gohan.

"In order to resurrect Majin Buu, Bobbity requires an enourmous amount of pure energy. He figured sending them to the world tournament would be the easiest way to gather so much. We came here when we learned of Bobbity's arrival, and went to the spot where Majin Buu had been, and his ball is gone. We can only assume it lies in Bobbity's grasp and he needs only the energy to awaken Buu. So we too entered the tournament to follow Yamu and Spovavich when they got their energy. They will lead us straight to Bobbity. We had no clue you and your friends and family were entering, however," said Kabito.

Makoto frowned, "So why not kill this Buu when it was in its ball? Why leave it here?"

"We were afraid any outside stress would cause it to open. We could not risk it," said Kabito, "We placed it where no human would find it, and believed Bibbity would have been the only one to know how to release him."

"Well I'm not worried," said Makoto, "My Mom and Dad will find this Bobbity and destroy him in a heartbeat," he smirked.

"Bobbity is not one to be trifled with, child," said Kabito, "He is a powerful wizard, and has several pawns at his disposal."

"If he's so tough, why have pawns?" asked Gohan.

"Physically, Bobbity is very weak, as his father was. His power lies in his magic. He needs the pawns to keep enemies off him physically while he casts spells," said Kabito.

"Sounds like a coward," said Makoto.

"The Supreme Kai and the others are farther ahead of us than I thought," said Kabito, "We must move faster if we are to catch up."

Gohan nodded, "Sure, but, one sec."

He lagged back and Makoto flipped over to fly with his back facing the ground, head up to watch. Videl was behind them a bit, holding up her arms to help block the wind from her face.

"How are you holding up back here?" he asked.

"I can't keep my eyes open," said Videl.

"It's just the wind, you'll get used to it," Gohan smiled.

She smiled back at him, "Tell me something, Gohan, the Gold Fighter, that was you, wasn't it?"

Gohan blushed and nodded, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I just didn't want everyone to know."

"So that means, that strange group of fighters that showed up at the Cell games, those were you guys!" said Videl, "You were the little boy, and Katima was there, and Goku and Vegeta, and the others."

Gohan nodded, "Yes, that was us."

"So tell me," Videl grinned, "It wasn't my father who beat Cell, was it? It was you."

"It was," said Gohan.

"I knew it," said Videl, "It makes so much sense! My father isn't strong after all, and you guys," she looked at Makoto's tail, "You're not humans."

"Well," Gohan smirked, "I'm half human. Makoto is full blooded Saiyan though. That's why he has the tail."

"It's why him and the other boys are so strong even though their kids," said Videl, "I… I can't go on with you, Gohan. I'll just hold you back."

"It looks like things are going to get dangerous," said Gohan, "I would rather you stay safe, Videl."

"You be careful, Gohan," said Videl, "For me, okay?" she smiled.

Makoto stuck out his tongue. Gross! What was it with teenagers and flirting?

"Makoto, I want you to make sure Videl gets back okay," said Gohan.

"What?" Makoto cried, "No way, I'm coming to see the Buu monster!" he said.

"Makoto," said Gohan sternly, "It's going to be dangerous! I want you to go with Videl!"

"But that's no fair!" Makoto pouted, "We didn't even get very far, it's not my fault she can't handle the wind!"

"Makoto!" Gohan looked furious, "You know how to behave better! Go back with Videl!"

Makoto scowled at him, "Fine," he slowed to be by Videl and flipped over for his stomach to face the ground again.

"Good luck Gohan!" Videl said and she and Makoto stopped flying, and Gohan rocketed passed them after Kabito. Makoto watched his big cousin go with longing. It was fair, he wanted to see the fight! The wizard and the monster!

"I'm sorry Makoto," said Videl, "That I'm the reason you have to go back."

"Hmph," said Makoto, turning back around, "It doesn't matter, I'll just follow him again once we get back to the stadium."
♠ ♠ ♠
Song for the chapter: In My Life by the Beatles