Status: Daily Updates

The Bond

Revelations and Stages

Gohan and Kabito had caught up with the others and Katima stayed close to Vegeta's side as they flew. Gohan assured her that Makoto had returned with Videl but she worried. That boy would follow them if he could, she knew it, and didn't want him in danger.

Up ahead, Katima saw Yamu and Spovavich landing. Down below, in a valley, it seemed there was a small little white capsule sticking out of the ground.

"But we've already searched this area," said Kabito, "How could Bobbity be here?"

"Come," said Shin, sailing down.

They all landed on the small mountain that overlooked the capsule. Peering over the edge of a long boulder that hid them from view from below, Katima saw Yamu and Spovavich approach it. The gound around the capsule looked freshly disturbed. It seemed Kabito noticed this.

"Look, they must have buried the entire ship! That's why we could not find it before!"

"Everyone suppress your energy," said Shin, "We do not want them to know we are here, not yet."

Katima obeyed, pushing her energy to zero. She glared down at the ground, Rilan appearing at her side.

"I have a bad feeling," he spoke softly.

Katima nodded slowly. In the pit of her stomach, she felt like today, something terrible was going to happen.

A door slid open on the capsule, and an alien slipped out. He had white armor like skin, and elongated head, and a purple face with no nose and large lips.

"Is that him?" asked Gohan, "Is that Bobbity?"

"No," said Shin, "One of his minions, one that he has control over."

"I don't understand, how what is to stop this wizard from taking over our minds when we attack?" asked Rilan.

"Bobbity can only use the evil in one's heart to gain control. Those who have pure intentions such as ourselves will not be affected. However, his other spells we will have to worry about," said Shin.

There seemed to be an exchange below, the three speaking to one another, then, two more figures stepped from the ship. A tiny little creature, no taller than Makoto, his head resembling a gord of some kind, brown in color, and his tiny body clad in robes, and a tall red skinned man with horns patruding from his head.

"Ah! No!" gasped Kabito.

"Dabora?" Shin hissed, "How?"

"What?" asked Goku, "Which one is Dabora?"

"The red one," said Shin harshly, "He is the king of demons. How Bobbity insnared him… it is troubling. I was not expecting him to be here- this changes everything!"

"He doesn't seem that strong," said Katima, looking at him and feeling his power level.

"He can suppress his energy just as well as we can, Katima," said Kabito, "Do not underestimate him."

"Now, the tiny thing," said Rilan, "Is that…?"

"Yes," said Shin, "That is Bobbity. But do not let his size fool you. He is the strongest one down there by far. If he can capture one as strong as Dabora, the king of demons… imagine what he could do!"

"Demons?" Katima asked, "I've seen a lot of things in my day, but no demons."

"Dabora is the king of the shadow realm, a realm on the opposet side as this one, like two sides of the same coin. The you from that realm could be completely different there than here, and Dabora rules it all," said Shin darkly, "He is not a foe to take lightly."

Katima frowned down at those below. They really didn't seems so strong. Why was Shin so worried? She watched as Yamu handed over the device that held all of Gohan's energy to Bobbity. There was an exchange, and then, to Katima's horror, Spovavich's body began to grow.

It grew and grew, muscles bulging, eyes bugging out, limbs twitching, clothes ripping. He pumped up in size, Yamu watching on in terror, until finally, he popped, blood and gore spewing forth, spreading across the ground like a watermelon had been smashed with a mallet. Katima covered her mouth, horrified.

Yamu tried to run, but the alien with the purple face blasted him right out of the sky, nothing left to rain down but ash. Everone was gasping around Katima, trying to stay quiet.

"They killed their own men," said Gohan in disgust, "What sort of monster does that?"

Katima saw Vegeta smirk a bit. She remembered when he had killed Nappa and resisted the urge to rub her forehead. He had been the same kind of monster that these men were, and well, Katima couldn't deal with this the same way she dealt with Vegeta.

"Bobbity just plays the game that way," said Shin sharply, "He finds the strongest warriors, and even with a trace of evil in them he can bring them under his control. When he is done with them? He puts them down like diseased animals."

"That's sick," said Rilan gravely.

"Krillin," Goku looked back, "I want you to get back to your family. Things aren't looking well."

Krillin nodded, "Right- I'd love to stay and help, but-"

"Just go," said Goku, "It's fine."

*scene change*

Below, Bobbity's bug like eyes flicked in their direction. A smirk played on his odd snout, his slits for nostrils flaring.

"Dabora, it seems we have guests. Yamu and Spovavich were careless in their retreat apparently," he said.

"Yes, I sense them, up on the ridge," Dabora's deep voice chuckled, "They believe themselves so well hidden."

"It is the Supreme Kai and some friends," said Bobbity, "Five of them have enormous energy, do you feel that? With that we could resurrect Majin Buu today!"

"What do you suggest, my lord?" asked Dabora.

"Take care of the stragglers," said Bobbity, "Lead the stronger ones into the ship. They will surely come after you in a rage."

"Ah, well planned, sir," said Dabora, nodding, smiling beneath his thin mustache.

"Leave the Supreme Kai for me," said Bobbity, "For what he did to my father… I will have vengeance…"

"At your request, master," said Dabora, "I will leave him for your pleasure."

*scene change*

Rilan stared as Bobbity and the unknown minion stepped back into the ship. He frowned. For over three hundred years, he had existed, and never once had he heard of this Buu or Bibbity or Bobbity. He furrowed his brow, disturbed. This entire scenario just felt wrong. Something was going to happen, something terrible, he could feel it in his bones. Could they face what was to come this time?

It was then he noticed how Dabora had remained outside.

"Why is Dabora staying outside by himself?" asked Goku.

The demon king's head flicked, facing them.

"He knows we're here!" Vegeta shouted.

Before any of them could move, Dabora darted up to them. He had great speed, which suggested great strength as well. He stopped, his hand out and open, right in Kabito's face. With a mighty blast and a cry of agony, Kabito was reduced to dust.

"KABITO!" Shin screamed.

"No!" shouted Goku.

As the blast faded, Goku jumped out and threw a punch, but Dabora dodged it. Vegeta jumped up, throwing out punches, but Dabora blocked them before getting distance between them. They all remained on guard, waiting for Dabora to make another move.

Rilan saw his eyes flick to Krillin.

"Krillin- run!" Rilan cried, jumping to get between him and their enemy.

Dabora spat, his wad of spit flying out like a dart. Rilan took it for Krillin, the saliva hitting him in the chest. He looked down at it, disgusted, "Ugh, what is this-"

"No!" Shin was shouting, "I should have warned them!"

Piccolo was launching at Dabora now, before Rilan could register what had been said. Dabora spat on him too, on his shoulder. Piccolo landed, looking down at it with a frown, but then something started happening.

Rilan gasped as pain began to prickle at his chest. He looked down and yelped in shock as what appeared to be smooth stone began spreading across his chest.

*scene change*

"Rilan!" Katima yelled in horror, "Piccolo!"

The gray substance spread and spread across both of them at a rapid rate. It seemed to be freezing them in place, and Katima ran toward Rilan, hands out, not sure what to do as it sealed around his whole body, his face frozen in an expression of shock and pain. Piccolo was soon frozen as well.

"What's happened to them?" Goku demanded.

"Turned to stone," said Shin, "It's one of Dabora's powers- anything he spits on turns to stone!"

Goku made to grab the statue of Piccolo, but Shin shouted, "No! Don't touch them!"

"Why not?" asked Katima, retracting her hands from touching Rilan.

"If you touch them, they might break, and there's no way to put them back together!" said Shin.

Katima hissed in rage and turned to glare up at Dabora.

The demon king began to retreat, "I'll give you one chance to run. Take it, or end up like your friends!"

He went down and vanished into the ship.

"What can we do?" Katima demanded, looking at Shin.

"If we kill Dabora, the curse will break, and they will return to normal," said Shin.

"Krillin, get back to your family," said Goku, "Tell them what happened."

"Okay," said Krillin, looking traumatized, staring at Rilan, "That would have been me- he jumped in front of me to save me…"

"You're our friend, Krillin," said Katima, "We want you safe- now go!"

Krillin gulped and nodded, flying away.

"Let's go dad," said Gohan, "You and me, we'll defeat Dadora!"

"No!" said Shin, "You'll fall right into their trap! They're counting on you charging in there!"

"I'm sorry," said Goku, "But I can't just leave my friends like that!"

He and Gohan took off toward the ship.

"Sorry," said Vegeta, smirking at Shin, "But patience has never been one of our virtues."

Katima nodded, "I won't just sit by while they bring back that monster either! We have to stop them!" she held out her hand to Vegeta.

Her prince smirked and took it. They followed after Goku and Gohan, and Katima looked back to see Shin following as well. This was it.

*scene change*

Makoto flew along next to Videl, arms crossed. He was still furious that Gohan was making him go back with his human girl. He was tough enough to handle whatever it was they were chasing! Sure, that Yamu and Spovavich were weird, but he could beat them up without even transforming!

"So this race of yours," said Videl, looking over at him, "They're called Saiyans?"

"We're the greatest warrior race to ever exist," said Makoto, nodding, "My dad says that him, Mom, Unlce Kakarot, and me, are the only pure ones left."

"So Gohan's mom is a human," said Videl, nodding, "But what about the tail? Your parents and Goku don't have one."

"Theirs got removed," said Makoto, "Dad said he took my mom's off himself because there wasn't time to train her how to resist it being grabbed and they were in a really dangerous fight."

"Grabbing it?" asked Videl, "What does that do?"

"It makes your muscles get all soft," said Makoto, "And you can stand up- it hurts too, but I've been trained to be immune to it. I can even control my ape form."

Videl's eyes got big, "Ape form?" she exclaimed.

"In the full moon, having the tail makes me transform into a giant ape," said Makoto simply, "It makes me really strong."

Videl looked boggled, "This is getting insane- so wait- if that Rilan guy isn't a Saiyan too, what is he?"

"He's a Tygrian," said Makoto, frowning, "I dunno much about them, you'd hafta ask Trunks, but I know that they can transform too, like we can to Super Saiyan. They call is Ascending."

"So that's what he meant by Tygrian when we were watching your mother fight Yamu," said Videl, "The endurance of a Tygrian- that makes sense now!"

"Yeah, you can hit Trunks again and again and it'll take a really long time to make him bruise, not like me or Goten," said Makoto, "Rilan is the same, my Dad says…" Makoto sighed, looking over his shoulder, "I wish I could go! I wanna see that Buu monster!"

"Gohan said that it was going to be dangerous, Makoto," said Videl, "I know you're strong, but don't you think he wouldn't be worried unless it was something stronger than you?"

"Hmph," grunted Makoto, "It's just some dumb little wizard that casts spells. I bet I can dodge all of 'em and blast him away!"

Videl chuckled softly, "I was really surprised when I saw you punch my dad off the stage with one hit, but now I understand. He must me baffled that a kid had so much strength."

Makoto shrugged, "All humans get so loud around us when we show our power. It's really annoying. Why can't we just live normally with our powers and everyone leave us alone about it?" he frowned, "Those reporters after the match asked the dumbest questions- what does it matter what my favorite color is or what games I like to play? I won and that should be it, what else tell about?"

"The people in the city like to read about that kind of stuff," said Videl, "I've talked to a lot of reporters because I'm Hercule Satan's daughter. They ask all sorts of those questions."

"It's dumb," repeated Makoto, "Can you fly any faster?"

"I'm going as fast as I can, Makoto," Videl scowled at him, "You need to learn some patience, little man."

"Hmph," Makoto flicked his tail dismissively, "We aren't even half way back yet," he sighed heavily.

"Are you worried?" asked Videl, frowning at him.

"Worried? No way. My Mom and Dad are the strongest warriors around, ang Gohan is really tough too, he beat Cell after all. I guess my dead uncle can't be a bad fighter either. I just wanna see the fight, or at least help! I wanna fight the Buu monster."

Videl chuckled, "Why do you like to fight so much, Makoto?"

"My Dad says all Saiyans are like this," said Makoto, "Proving our strength is just something we're born with."

*scene change*

Flying down the shaft, Katima's face was hard in determination. She wasn't going to let that Dabora get away with what he did to Rilan and Piccolo. If killing him freed them, well, it was simple enough a task to accomplish. She, Vegeta, Goku, and Gohan landed at the bottom of the shaft. It was a large round room with one door and a circular structure on the floor. The four of them looked around.

"This doesn't look like a spaceship," said Gohan.

"Where are they?" Goku tilted his head, "I figured they'd be here waiting for us!"

Shin landed beside them at that point, the Supreme Kai scowling.

"You idiots, do you realize what you've gotten yourselves into?" he snapped.

There was a sound and Katima looked up to see the shaft above seal shut.

"See?" Shin growled, "You've fallen right into his trap, now the only way off this ship is by killing Bobbity!"

"Well," Katima looked at him, "That's what we came here to do, isn't it?" she smirked.

"Besides," scoffed Vegeta, "If we need to get out I'll just blow up the whole ship."

"No you will not!" ordered Shin, "Any sort of energy shock could accidently release Majin Buu, and even at a fracture of his full strength he could detroy this entire planet in the blink of an eye!"

Vegeta grunted, scowling. Katima put a hand on his shoulder, "It's okay, love, we can easily get down there and defeat Bobbity, and that Dabora to get Rilan and Piccolo back."

Vegeta smirked, "You are correct, Katima, this will be an easy enough task."

"Are you all idiots?" cried Shin, "Bobbity searches the entire universe and gathers only the strongest fighters to be his slaves!"

"Well, he was searching in the wrong area," said Vegeta blandly.

"What do you guys think is through that door?" asked Goku, nodding at it.

"Should we blast it in?" asked Gohan.

Before any of them could make a move to do so however, the door slid open. Out stepped the alien they had seen outside, the one in the purple jumpsuit and white armor and the elongated head. His thick lips were smirking as he stepped out, arms crossed. There was a letter M on his forehead. Katima guessed that was the mark of any under Bobbity's control.

"Welcome, to stage one," said the alien, "I am Pui Pui. There are five stages in this ship, on the fifth is Bobbity himself. However, in order to get to the next stage, you must defeat the fighter sent there to defend it," he unfolded his arms, still smirking, "You needn't concern yourself about getting to stage two, because unfortunately for you, I am the defender of this stage."

Vegeta snorted. Goku laughed, "Okay! Guys, which one of us gets stage one, then?"

Shin gasped, looking at them, "What? Only one of you is going to fight him?"

"Well sure!" said Goku, grinning, "That's all that it's going to take!"

Pui Pui grunted in annoyance, "Do you realize who you-"

But the four of them were already in a heated battle of rock paper scissors. Katima pouted when she got tossed out on the first go. The boys tied twice before Vegeta had scissors while the other two had paper.

"Ha," he said, smirking, "Scissors wins."

"Aw, I wanted to fight this guy!" said Goku.

"Well too bad," snapped Vegeta, stepping foreward.

"You don't really plan to face him alone, do you?" asked Shin.

"Of course," said Vegeta bluntly, "What other way is there for a weakling like this?"

Shin watched in shock as Vegeta faced Pui Pui while the other three stepped back.

"Make it quick, darling," said Katima, "Else I get bored and have to end it for you."

"No interfering!" Vegeta snapped at her and she chuckled.

"Ha!" Pui Pui smirked at Vegeta, "You think you stand a chance? Let me tell you a little something about this room, every drop of energy I'm about to pound out of you is going to be absorbed and fed straight to Majin Buu."

"It's a shame that Buu won't get released today then," said Vegeta, "Because you aren't going to land a single hit on me."

"We'll see about that!" shouted Pui Pui, launching forward and swinging up a kick.

Vegeta swiftly blocked it with a forearm. Pui Pui grunted in shock and threw out a punch that Vegeta ducked. Pui Pui jumped back, frowning, as if deciding on a new tactic.

"So, maybe you can fight," he said.

Vegeta smirked.

Pui Pui jumped forward, dealing out a series of flurried punches, trying to land a punch on Vegeta's face. The prince dodged each one by only moving his head and torso, never having to take a step. After a moment, Vegeta slammed a punch into Pui Pui's gut, making him bend over, the breath leaving him in a swoop. He fell to one knee. Vegeta scoffed.

"I suppose I was foolish to expect a challeng," he said, crossing his arms.

"I'm not done yet!" Pui Pui cried, leaping up and going on the offensive again.

Vegeta dodged and blocked everyone one of his blows, and it only took him three moves to plant Pui Pui on the ground again. He sighed as the alien struggled to get up.

"This is pathetic. Time to end-" but he was cut off as the room around them vanished.

Katima blinked as she realized that they appeared to be in space atop an asteroid. She could breathe just fine, so she assumed it was an illusion or something.

"Huh?" Goku looked around, "Where are we?"

"Bobbity!" hissed Shin, "He must have used his magic to give him an advantage!"

"Oh, should be interesting!" Goku grinned.

"Goku, he's not giving the advantage to Vegeta," said Shin.

"Oh, I know," said Goku still grinning.

Katima and Gohan exchanged a smile and returned their attention to the fight.

Pui Pui was laughing, "Welcome to my home planet!" he sneered, "Now you are doomed! You may have noticed something unique about this place," he reached down and picked up a rock, "It's the gravity," he dropped the stone, and it slammed down to the ground, "Ten times that of Earth! Now your chances of winning are falling faster than that stone!"

Katima laughed.

"Ten times gravity?" she asked, "That's just adorable."

"Hunh?" Pui Pui looked at her, then at Vegeta as he began to chuckled.

"Isn't it, Katima?" he smirked, "Now, if it were five hundred times gravity, you may hold the advantage, but ten?" he laughed, and paused, smirking with a dark glint in his eyes, "I hardly even feel it."

"You're bluffing!" cried Pui Pui.

"Am I?" chuckled Vegeta, "Care to test that statement?"

Pui Pui launched forward, his assault harsh, but not even close to enough to hit Vegeta. Once again, Katima watched as her husband dodged and blocked every move made at him. Finally, he sighed and brought up a knee to stop the attack. Pui Pui was hit in the gut and staggered back. Vegeta grinned darkly and placed his hands on his opponent's chest. Katima was a little disturbed at the darkness she felt in him. It had been a long time since Vegeta got to truly fight… and kill. And the joy he got from it… Katima found herself frown in a bit of worry.

It had been a long time since she felt that from him.

Could the return of Goku really have made Vegeta so harshly revert?

Vegeta released the blast, and Pui Pui was swiftly reduced to nothing, and as her husband straightened, the room returned to normal.

"Child's play," scoffed Vegeta, "That would have even been an easy task for Makoto. What does this Bobbity think this is, a game?" he spat on the ground.

"Look!" said Gohan, "The ground is opening!"

And sure enough, the small space in the ground opened, revealing another shaft.

"Let's see what we have next?" Katima smirked.

Vegeta snorted and jumped into the shaft. Goku laughed and followed, then Gohan. Katima looked back to see Shin seemed to be in shock.

"Ya coming?" she asked.

"I see!" he said, looking at her, "You're all very strong! Very!"

Katima laughed, crossing her arms, "You know, you being Supreme Kai and all, I'm shocked you didn't know that already," she took a step back, falling into the shaft, "Come on, we'll solve this Buu problem for you before the sun goes down."
♠ ♠ ♠
Song for this chapter: We're in the Money by Rosemary Clooney