Status: Daily Updates

The Bond

Frieza's Cold Heart

Katima gasped and halted mid air, making Gohan slam into her back.

"Katima?"

She began to shake.

It was Vegeta. His very self was pouring into her. Death. Vegeta was killing someone- an alien with purple, scaly skin and dressed in that same armor. The alien was begging for mercy, rambling on about joining forces with Vegeta, about working together…

"Pathetic!" Vegeta spat in its face, "You are as cowardly as ever, Qui. I have no use for you, or anyone else at my side. Vegeta is almighty on his own!"

"Please!" cried Qui, "Please, Vegeta, I could help you!"

"You just tried to kill me," Vegeta snarled, "Very poorly, I might add. And as soon as the tables turn, you're a sniveling rat, begging at my feet. The entire universe will benefit from your demise."

Qui turned and began to fly away. Vegeta out stretched his arm, colors dancing around his hand, and a small little pin point of power burst from his finger tips.

"Don't bother!" he cried as it fired.

The attack met its target. It went into Qui's back, and stopped in the center of his torso before an explosion burst forth, blood and gore raining down.

Vegeta smirked lightly, "Nice fireworks," he muttered under his breath.

Katima's awareness rushed back to her own body and she gasped wildly, clutching her middle, feeling as if she had been kicked in the gut.

"Katima!" Gohan and Krillin both had their hands on her back, as if worried she would fall from the sky.

Katima caught her breath and slowly straightened.

The joy… the sick joy that Vegeta felt when killing that alien… It was flooding her, and Katima felt like she had to kill again, just to experience that intense, gory happiness. She stuffed the urge, knowing it was not her true emotion. It was Vegeta. It was all Vegeta.

"What happened?" Krillin asked.

"Vegeta," said Katima softly.

"Is he close?" Gohan gasped.

"No, no," said Katima, facing them, "He's just killed someone. Mind you, I think it was another bad guy, but…" Katima shook herself, "I'm sorry. I need to gain more control over the bond. If I was pulled into his when I was in a battle, that could be a disaster."

She closed her eyes, "Vegeta is far off. We don't have to worry about him. Let's keep going."

She twisted and began flying again. Gohan and Krillin followed her, but she could feel their uneasy stares burrowing into her back. Katima kept her attention on following the group that had the Dragon Balls. Bringing back the others was a huge importance to the rest of her new friends and family. She knew Piccolo meant a lot to Gohan. She wasn't going to let this new monster or Vegeta ruin everything.

Ahead, she could sense that the people they were following had stopped. She, Gohan, and Krillin slowed and landed so as not to be detected. Katima could sense other life ahead as well. It must be a Namekian village. She and the boys stalked up a small bluff and peeked over the ledge.

There it was, the source of all that God awful power. It looked female, with deep colored lips and slanted eyes. There were two horns protruding from her skull which was bald. She was mostly light pink, but there were purple areas as well, and Katima could see a snake-like tail lolling out the side of her hovering throne. She and about ten others had quite a few Namekians cornered. It was obvious this was not going to be a "may I please see your Dragon Ball" situation.

It was surreal seeing all of the green-skinned men that looked so much like Piccolo, only at different ages. Four of them were old and wrinkly, and there were two children smaller than Gohan.

"It looks like they're negotiating," said Krillin softly.

That it did. The leader was demanding to see the Dragon Ball, her high thrill voice piercing Katima's ears.

"…other villages. It took some convincing, but they all eventually gave in. I was thinking we could skip that part here, and you could just bring me the damn ball."

"I don't know what you're talking about," snapped the center older Namekian.

"Dodoria?" the leader turned to a rather massive, bubble-gum pink alien that had spikes coming from his skull and arms.

Dodoria looked at his leader, "Two or three more?" he asked.

"Two or three more," the leader agreed.

Dodoria dropped the two Dragon Balls he was carrying and raising a hand toward an older Namekian closest to him. With a flash of light and several screams of fear and pain, that Namekian was gone.

"Wow, what an Ice Queen," breathed Katima.

"Um, Katima?" Gohan nudged her, "I think the leader is a male."

"THAT THING'S A GUY?" Katima cried and Krillin and Gohan both slapped a hand over her mouth and drug her to cover.

There was a terrible silence and Katima pressed her body to the ground. How could she be so careless to scream out like that?

"The power level up there is insignificant, Lord Frieza," came a suave male voice, "It surely is only a bird or small mammal."

"Very good," said the leader's voice, "Now, where were we? Ah yes…"

Katima and the boys dared to look again. No one was looking toward them, all attention back on the Namekians, who were all shaking with rage and fear.

"Ready to tell us?" Frieza asked, his tail twitching lazily.

The lead Namekian glared at him.

"Very well, you may continue, Dodoria."

Dodoria went for his next victim, rushing him head on to make the Namekian lash out. But Dodoria vanished, and the green arm went flailing through empty air. There was a pause, and then Dodoria appeared behind the old Namekian. He slammed a fist into his back so hard that the pink hand burst through the green chest, purple blood spitting forth. Dodoria retrieved his arm from the corpse, smirked at the two remaining elders and two children before returning to Frieza's side.

"Thank you, Dodoria," said Frieza, "Are we ready to talk?"

"One as evil hearted as you can not be allowed to have the Dragon Ball," snapped the leader Namekian, pushing the two children behind himself.

"That's the fifth time I've heard that," said Freiza, "And guess how many Dragon Balls I have?"

"We have to stop this," hissed Katima, "He's going to kill all of them, even if they give him that Dragon Ball- even those kids."

"We don't stand a chance against them," Krillin groaned, "We would be killed in a heartbeat!"

"There has to be something we can do," Gohan said.

Their conversation was cut short when they detected three decent power levels racing toward them. They looked up to see three, strong looking young Namekian men land beside their elders, all looking furious.

"Who are you?" the one in the middle demanded, "Why are you attacking us?"

"I haven't done anything," said Frieza with a smile, "I told this elder that if he handed over the Dragon Ball there would be no death, but he has refused to cooperate. You may blame the others' demise on him."

"Fiend," spat the one on the right, "You think you are so strong and mighty fighting elders and children! Let's see how you fair against true warriors!"

"Oh, if you do insist," sighed Frieza, "Dodoria?"

The pink alien stepped forward, smiling and cracking his knuckles.

"Please!" scoffed the Namekian warrior in the center, "Don't be ridiculous, it's three against one!"

"You're countin' must be even worse than mine," laughed Dodoria, "I only see two of ya."

"Two-?" began the one in the middle just before Dodoria vanished and appeared behind him, pulling the same move that destroyed the second elder.

The Namekian warrior stood no chance. With a gaping hole in his middle, he fell face forward in his own pool of purple blood.

Katima pressed her face against the blue grass, eyes tightly shut. Such power. Even this Frieza's goons had power levels that exceeded Vegeta's. How could they ever get the Dragon Balls now?

By the time Katima was recovered enough to look up again, the other two Namekian warriors were dead, as well as one of the last two elders. All that was left was one elder and the two children. However it did seem that the Namekian warriors took out a few of Frieza's men. The only ones left were Dodoria and a tall, shockingly handsome humanoid with teal skin and deep green hair in a long braid. That one didn't even appeared to have moved, two of the Dragon Balls still stuck protectively under each arm.

"Now," said Frieza softly, "Come now, elder. Please don't make me resort to killing children."

The elder Namekian pushed the kids behind him, and seemed to mutter to them encouragement. Then, he suddenly held out his hand, pointing at Dodoria, and a beam of energy shot out, but it did not strike Dodoria, but rather his Scouter, destroying it on impact. With the precision and swiftness of a fox, the elder then destroyed Frieza's Scouter, and then the last alien's. He laughed wildly when he finished.

"Those were the devices leading you to our villages," he declared, "But those were the last three! You will not hurt any more of our people!"

The two children grabbed each other's hands and ran, trying to make it behind a building. However, Frieza, no longer smiling, lifted a finger and shot a similar ray of power toward them. It met the smaller of the children, covering it in light, killing it instantly. The bigger child knelt over his fallen brother, shaking him, begging him to wake up.

"That was warning number one," snarled Frieza, obviously peeved that he had lost his life radar, "Give me the Dragon Ball, or the other one dies slowly."

The elder was shaking. He slowly went into the building he was closest to, and when he came out, he was holding the fifth Dragon Ball, an orb as big as Katima's head. He rolled it to Dodoria who added it to his pile with a dark chuckle.

"Thank you," said Frieza, "It only took seven lives. Now I will make yours quick and easy."

The elder opened his mouth to yell, but it all happened too fast. With a beam of energy, Frieza pierced a hole in his heart, the elder falling to the ground, so very still.

"Can I have the kid, Lord Frieza?" Dodoria asked eagerly.

"Very well, but do hurry up, we have to get back to the ship to order more Scouters."

Dodoria laughed and began walking toward the last Namekian.

"No," hissed Katima, "We can't- we can't let this happen-"

"We'll get killed!" Krillin grabbed her arm, "What good will that do?"

"It's a child!" Katima wailed.

"No more!" cried Gohan, and he was the one who took off first.

Katima shook Krillin off and shot after her nephew. Gohan shot down and landed a precise and vicious kick on the side of Dodoria's face, sending him flying into a nearby building. It didn't take long for the alien to recover, screaming in rage and rushing toward the little Saiyan. Katima darted down and blasted the alien with a heavy energy wave, sending him back into the wreckage again. Behind them, Krillin landed and grabbed the Namekian child.

"Let's go!" he cried before taking off.

Katima twisted and shot a small energy ball at the ground in front of Frieza and the other alien to bring up a cloud of dust to cover their escape. She grabbed Gohan's arm and they jumped up and followed Krillin, boosting their speed as hard as they could.

"Follow them, Dodoria!" Katima heard Frieza scream.

"We're screwed, aren't we?" Krillin moaned.

Katima looked behind them as Dodoria erupted from the cloud of dirt in hot pursuit.

"If you don't move your ass we are!" she shouted.

They all picked up the pace, flying as fast as they could, but the pink monster was gaining anyway.

Katima glanced back and tried to gage if she could take him on. But this guy was stronger than Vegeta was when she faced him back on Earth, and that meant she stood no chance. She doubted even if the three of them fought together that they would win.

"Killed by a giant pink wad of bubble gum," snarled Katima, "What a ridiculous way to go!"

Dodoria shot a blast at her, and she swerved to avoid it, letting it sail toward Krillin and Gohan. They both rolled out of the way, but Krillin dropped the Namekian boy in the process, who appeared to have fallen unconscious and was plummeting toward the ground like a rock.

"No!" the three of them yelled and all dove for the child.

Katima was half way down when Krillin suddenly stopped following her. She halted and looked up to see Dodoria had Krillin by the ankle. With a glance down to make sure Gohan would catch the boy, she rushed upward to help, but it appeared Krillin didn't need it.

His hands went to his face and he screamed, "SOLAR FLARE!"

A piercing light erupted and Katima shrieked as she was blinded. She felt a hand grab her arm and drag her downward. She sensed it was Krillin and let him guide her to the ground where her back was pressed to a wall and she heard Gohan shush them.

"He doesn't have a Scouter," Krillin muttered, "He shouldn't be able to find us."

Slowly, Katima's vision came back and she rubbed her eyes with her palms. That was a trick she was going to have to learn. It would come in handy if she ever ran into Vegeta. She saw that they were in a hallow in the cliff face, and Gohan and the Namekian boy were there. They all crouched low and quieted down as they heard Dodoria yowl in rage.

"Come out, you cowards!" he was screaming, "Come out or I will blast you out!"

They all exchanged worried looks. They would have to hope he would miss. They all braced as the sound of a cannon firing went off. The ground shook wildly, but they were not in the radius of the blast. The roar of it did not subside for several seconds, and Katima pressed her back against the rocks and shut her eyes, riding it out. When silence and stillness finally fell, they heard Dodoria laughing hysterically.

"No coming back from that, brats. What a shame, I really did want to play with that green kid!"

He laughed again, but it grew faint. He was flying away. He thought he had killed them.

After a minute of silence, they all breathed a sigh of relief.

"Well," said Katima, smiling wearily at the boys, "I suppose we should get back to Bulma before we run into more trouble?"

"Sounds good," said Krillin.

Gohan helped the Namekian child to his feet. The little green boy looked terrified and in deep pain from the loss of his fellows.

"Are you okay?" asked Gohan.

The Namekian nodded and looked up at each of them in turn, "Thank you for saving me," he said softly, "But you are not from here."

"We're from Earth," said Krillin, "Come on, we'll explain on the way back to our camp. Can you fly?"

"Yes," said the boy, jumping up and hovering in the air, "I'm still learning, so I won't be as fast as you three."

"That's okay, we'll go slow," said Katima, "Hopefully that pink freak will tell his boss he killed us."

The four of them took to the sky and began heading back toward the cave they had left Bulma in. Katima kept close to the Namekian in case he fell.

"Do you have a name?" she asked him.

"Dende," said the boy, "And do you have names?"

"I'm Katima," she answered, "And that is Krillin, and that's Gohan. We're on our way to see Bulma. We all come from Earth."

"Why have you come here?" asked Dende.

The boy was so serious. Katima wondered if he was still in shock.

"We came for the Dragon Balls," said Katima, "But we only wanted to wish our friends back to life. They were killed in a terrible battle not long ago. It was by one of that Frieza guy's men. His name was Vegeta."

"They have harmed your planet as well?" asked Dende.

"No," said Krillin, "Well, not exactly. They only sent two to our world. But they were after our Dragon Balls too."

"Your planet has Dragon Balls?" asked Dende, eyes wide, "But only a Namekian can create and sustain the Dragon Balls!"

"Yeah, well," said Krillin, smiling, "We have two Namekians- well, we did. They were killed in that battle Katima told you about, so our Dragon Balls are gone. We heard of this place and figured we could wish our Namekian friends back to life to get Earth's Dragon Balls back. Hey, Dende, do you know why those freaks want the Dragon Balls for?"

"I did not know they were upon our planet until they arrived today," said Dende softly, looking away, "But that being was evil. Whatever they wish for, it will not be good."

"I bet that bastard wants everlasting life just like Vegeta does," said Katima with a hint of disgust, "But… guys I don't think Vegeta is with this Frieza. He killed one of his men. I think Vegeta is running solo here."

"How odd," said Gohan, "But if he wants the Dragon Balls and Frieza wants the Dragon Balls, then I suppose there would be some conflict…"

"Yes, I- I…" it was happening again.

Katima was being sucked into Vegeta's mind, and by God, Vegeta was facing off Dodoria. They were on a small island. Vegeta was smirking as Dodoria gazed at him with fear in his eyes. But why? Dodoria was so much stronger than Vegeta… or was he?

No, no he wasn't. Katima was just taking in how much Vegeta's power had increased since recovering from the battle on Earth. But how? It was nearly double what it had been!

"Don't play dumb, Dodoria,' laughed Vegeta, "You know how much stronger I've become, and you are very afraid…"

"Don't underestimate me!" Dodoria snapped, "I knew there was no way you took Qui down on your own- you had help from those Earthlings, you're with them!"

Vegeta raised a brow, "Earthlings?" he said slowly, and Katima felt her gut clench.

"Now look who's playing dumb!" Dodoria grinned, "Well, too bad, so sad, Vegeta, I killed them like the vermin they were! Now it's just me and you!"

"No," said Vegeta, beginning to smile again, "Just me."

He darted forward, but rolled when Dodoria made to swipe at him. He came back up behind the beast and grabbed his arms twisting them up and back so that he held them at a very painful and awkward position, making Dodoria scream like a baby.

"No- no Vegeta, I'm sorry!" Dodoria wailed.

"Why is it everyone apologies too late?" Vegeta asked softly, twisting the arms harder.

Dodoria yowled and struggled, but there was no escaping Vegeta's grasp.

"P-please!" he sobbed, "I can help you! We can take down Frieza together!"

"Sorry, I've already heard that one," sneered Vegeta.

"Wh-what if I told you about what really happened to planet Vegeta?"

Vegeta had a planet named after him? Talk about egotistical.

"What?" snapped Vegeta.

"You were told a meteor destroyed your home," said Dodoria, "B-but it wasn't! Frieza made sure you were safely away, because he saw your potential. But the rest of the Saiyans were going to rebel. So he struck first. Frieza destroyed the planet and the rest of your race."

Vegeta was very still for a moment. Katima could sense that Vegeta had always known this truth, but hearing it come from Dodoria just seemed to make it so much worse. He let out a roar of rage, and Dodoria was vaporized in the blast of energy that erupted from the prince's mouth.

So. Katima's home planet was called Vegeta, and it was this Frieza who destroyed it. She wasn't sure how she felt about that.

But Vegeta's rage was obvious, and was infecting her swiftly. She tore from his mind to her own, shaking.

"Katima?" Krillin was in front of her, staring at her worriedly.

"Vegeta," she answered, "He just ran into Dodoria- and killed him."

"What?" gasped Gohan, "But why?"

"If he killed Dodoria," said Krillin softly, "Then… doesn't that mean that he's close?"

"What's worse," said Katima slowly, "Is that Dodoria told him about Earthlings being on the planet."

They all looked at each other for a moment before Krillin grabbed Dende and they blasted off faster than ever. Katima kept her awareness of Vegeta open, and could feel the prince was looking for them. He didn't have a Scouter either- he had learned to sense power on his own. How much he had improved!

It was then she felt him coming close- could begin to hear his thought process a bit clearer.

"We have to land, he's found us!" she exclaimed, "He can sense power without a Scouter now, and he's close!"

She and the three boys landed beside a bluff and hid behind a boulder.

"Push your power to zero," said Krillin.

"Even if we lower our levels, he'll still sense Dende," hissed Katima.

They grew quiet when they felt Vegeta's power. He was above them. Katima let herself fall into his mind and could see that he was trying to find out where their power went. He was concentrating, still getting used to his new ability. Maybe he wouldn't feel Dende after all…

But then Vegeta averted his eyes to the boulder they were hidden behind. He could feel the small pinprick of power that Dende was putting off. Slowly, Vegeta began to approach.

"It's no good," Katima breathed, "He knows we're here."

"We're done for," Krillin moaned.

"Maybe not," said Katima, "I can lure him away from you three."

"Are you nuts?" said Gohan, "You stand no chance!"

"He can't hurt me," said Katima, "I'll get away from him somehow. Stay here, and tell Bulma I said hi."

"No, Katima, wait-" Krillin began but Katima had already darted out from behind the rock.

She and Vegeta made eye contact, and she felt the shock rocket through him. She lashed her tail and smirked at him before taking off. As she hoped and expected, he tore after her, his surprise turning to anger. She just hoped that Krillin and Gohan were smart enough to stay put like she told them too.

After flying at full speed for about a mile, she knew that the others obeyed her. Vegeta was quickly gaining, and Katima could not keep up this pace for much longer. She wondered why he had grown so much since the battle on Earth. She did not recall him doing any serious training. It was like his power bloomed over night.

But it was only when Vegeta's hand closed around her ankle did her fear truly set in.

Vegeta pulled her to a stop and dragged her upright and gripped her upper arms, making her face him as they hovered a few hundred yards above the ground.

"Katima," Vegeta smirked, "I thought Dodoria was full of it when he mentioned Earthlings, but I suppose not."

"Do you often kill for enjoyment, Vegeta?" Katima asked.

"Have you been spying on me?" Vegeta raised an eye brow.

"Only when I'm forced to. This bond is a bit more ridiculous than I predicted. That Qui was certainly a cowardly bastard."

"That's one thing we can agree on," Vegeta released her and Katima wondered if she should try escaping, but knew that would be of no use. He wouldn't have let her go if he was confident in catching her again.

"Who is this Frieza?" Katima asked.

"Frieza is the closest thing to a ruler of the universe that there is," said Vegeta, "But I plan to rectify that. You must be here for the Dragon Balls as well, Katima? I think I destroyed Earth's."

"No, your friend did," Katima reminded him.

"Well," Vegeta folded his arms, "What should we do now, sweetheart? Are you're friends here as well? What about your brother?"

"Goku isn't here," said Katima, "I- I only brought Krillin with me."

"I guess you didn't expect competition," Vegeta smirked, "Foolish. You must have realized you would see me again one way or the other."

"Yes," said Katima, "But I suppose I didn't think that you would be smart enough to come here before trying to kill us again on Earth."

Vegeta grunted and looked away, "Why was Dodoria chasing you?"

"It's shockingly easy to piss off giant pieces of bubble gum."

"Don't fool with me, girl," snapped Vegeta, glared at her, "Do you have a Dragon Ball? Frieza is collecting them, and surely you are too."

"No," said Katima, "But that Frieza freak has five now. Two more and he can make his wish."

"Not if we find one first," said Vegeta sharply.

"What's this we business?" asked Katima, "Didn't you kill you're only friend?"

"Nappa was no where close to being my friend," said Vegeta darkly, "And you'll be helping me, girl. I know you and the other Earthlings know how to track the Dragon Balls down."

"Maybe the others but not me, I just joined the band wagon," said Katima, "Thanks to you."

"I may not be able to kill you yet," snapped Vegeta, "But I think I could look past the pain of a broken arm for a while. You're going to help me find one of those things."

Katima twisted and made to dart away but his arm was around her neck and the other around her waist, pinned her back to his chest.

"I know you can tell me something," he hissed in her ear, "Don't make me beat it out of you."

Katima grasped the arm around her throat and thought wildly. Yes, she could help Vegeta find a Dragon Ball, and they could keep Frieza from making his wish- but then she'd be helping Vegeta and she wasn't cool with that either.

"Frieza got his Dragon Balls from villages," said Katima, "I think that each one holds a Ball, that's what Frieza seemed to think too."

"There, was that so hard?" asked Vegeta, letting the arm around her neck fall but kept his other about her waist, "Why don't we go and see the locals?"

"You really want me along?" asked Katima, "If we run into trouble, I get hurt, you get hurt. I'm not as strong as you."

"Yes, well," said Vegeta and smiled lightly at her, "I think I can come up with something to fix that. You see, we Saiyans are designed to get stronger with every… defeat."

He turned Katima around to face him, and she was frowning.

"When a Saiyan is brought back from the brink of death, their strength is increased dramatically," said Vegeta.

"That explains why you've improved so much," said Katima, "But that'll mean Goku will be stronger too."

"Kakarot," spat Vegeta and he pushed Katima away from him. She nearly fell from being off balance but kept hovering in the air beside him, "It won't help him. He will meet his demise eventually. As for you," he returned his gaze to her, narrowing his eyes, "I suppose I am stuck with you, Katima. I would beat you to an inch of your life in order to make you strong enough to defend against Frieza's men, but I have no way of nursing you back to health. Which means I would just be killing myself," he grabbed her wrist, "How irritating. You truly are proving to be a thorn in my side, girl."

"Or…" said Katima slowly, "I could leave and… leave you alone?"

"Somehow I doubt that you would be out of the picture," snarled Vegeta, "When I have found a way to heal you, I will increase your power, no matter how much it hurts. But for now, we have a Dragon Ball to find."

"Do we really have to go through this?" sighed Katima as he wrapped an arm around her waist again and began to fly, "I'm not going to go anywhere, you'll just catch me, I can fly on my own!"

"And let you hurt yourself to hurt me?" asked Vegeta, "I think not."

"I think you just like carrying me."

"What?" Vegeta stopped and released her like she had electrically shocked him.

Katima laughed hysterically, unable to handle the fact that she had just rendered the prince speechless. How priceless.

"I- do not- you-" Vegeta scowled deeply and crossed his arms, "Fine, fly on your own, but if you get out of a ten feet range of me, no more chances."

Katima caught her breath, eyes watering and sides aching. Maybe she was laughing so much because she was so terrified, some sort of nervous reaction. Once she fully recovered she followed Vegeta closely as they flew along toward the nearest collected life source. She played with the idea of trying to fly off, but she knew Vegeta would catch up to her in a heartbeat. He was fast- far too fast for her. Maybe this idea of his of getting her stronger would come in handy for her. But she didn't think she liked the idea of being beaten within an inch of her life.

Now was just the small little problem of getting away from Vegeta. She wondered if the others had gotten back to Bulma by now. She was proud of her lie to Vegeta about only being here with Krillin.

"Why are you smirking?"

Katima started, looking up at Vegeta, but he wasn't even looking back at her.

"Wh-what?"

"I can feel you," he said slowly, "I've been beginning to since I've been close to you again. You're smug about something."

"You can feel my emotions now too?" asked Katima, "Well about time, I've been feeling yours since you recovered."

"You're avoiding the question."

"Tell me something, prince," said Katima, flying faster to be side by side with him, "Why do you enjoy ending life so much?"

"And why do you dance around questions like a pixie?" retorted Vegeta.

"When you killed Qui, I-" she cut off and looked down at the ground zooming beneath them. No, she didn't want to tell Vegeta how much his emotions held her. He was a strong being, and his mental influence was nearly out of control with her. Just being this close to him made her own self begin to itch for battle and violence.

"Stop," Vegeta grabbed her wrist and pulled her to a halt.

Katima thought he was going to hit her to make her tell him the answer to his original question, but he was looking at the ground. She followed his gaze and felt her stomach clench. It was a Namekian village. There were elders, middle-aged men like Piccolo, and even children.

Vegeta was smirking.

"Hey," Katima reached over with her free and grabbed the wrist of his hand that was holding hers, "Vegeta, I swear to God, if you hurt anyone-"

"Relax," said Vegeta softly as they began to descend, "I just have one question for them…"
♠ ♠ ♠
Song for this chapter: Afraid by Yellowcard