Sequel: Where Have You Been?

Can't Stop Lovin' You

Enough With Me Crying

Reuniting with her best friend, Savannah couldn't be more excited. It was an early sunday morning which was also too early for her mind to think when she heard Tara's voice behind the front door of her apartment. She didn't know how to explain everything to Tara because clearly she couldn't know that All Time Low boys were Savannah's best buddy, that even one of them, was the father of Shane's.

Calmly, Riley made her way to the front door and opened it up for Tara as she smiled and told Savannah to chill out. Easily, Savannah gave Shane his breakfast as she went to meet Tara and Riley and found the two was talking to each other, in a friendly behavior.

"Guess what? Tara and I were just talking about Jack and Alex's stupid competition on getting something signed first." Riley bursted out laughing.

Savannah didn't quiet know what to say because she didn't want to spill one thing wrong and ruin everything. Not that she didn't trust Tara, she just couldn't put that much of a stake at Jack's career as she already did. There was no way she wanted to get things worse. She remain silent as Tara stood up and walked over the fridge in front of Shane.

"You never told her, did you?" Riley asked, almost whispering.

"Nobody but me and my mom knew about it." Savannah smiled bitterly.

Riley smirked over Savannah as she thought how good this mother and daughter kept their secret safe, its just Martha was a little bit more neat at keeping hers sealed. Based on what Martha told Riley, the ginger girl was the only one who knew about her disease, lung cancer.

She was already on the fourth stage and it was only the matter of time until she left, but she hadn't had any courage to tell Savannah just yet. There was no one in Savannah's current life she could trust.

Martha woke up with a messy hair as she walked by the kitchen and made some hot tea for her own and she sat by Riley's side. Not trying to ask anything, Martha sense something was not right between Riley and Savannah. Its one of their - argue without winner - moment and Martha somehow missed that from the two.

"What is it?" Martha asked calmly.

"She's not telling Tara." Riley mumbled.

"Everyone has secret, Riley." Martha chuckled as Riley rolled her eyes.

"Not you, mom." Savannah said as she pulled out her tongue. "You don't have one." She added.

Martha was stunned, she didn't say a word nor she look at her daughter's eyes. She fixed her sight on her tea cup as she just kept on stirring her cup of tea, nothing escape her lip just yet. Riley didn't want to interfere their moment so she scoot over as she took Shane off his chair, and asked Tara to get some fresh air for Shane.

"Sometimes, I couldn't believe how my little girl is now carrying her own little boy..." Martha finally spoke.

"Mom..." Savannah sound doubtful.

"You know that wherever I am, you're still going to be the daughter I am proud of, don't you?"

"Mom, what are you keeping for yourself?"

"Baby girl, listen to mommy okay?" Martha cupped her daughter's face as Savannah nodded.

"Tell me..." Now Savannah sound more like desperate.

"I've a stage four lung cancer. I’ve had my medical treatment, but nothing seemed to work and I only have a little time left." Martha said as her voice cracked, but she was trying to stay tough for Savannah.

There was a moment of silent where Savannah couldn't say anything but to drop a tear on her reddish cheek. The tears won't seem to stop even though she tried so hard to make it to. Her beautiful hazel eyes were then look dead and she couldn't feel anything but sore on her chest. As much as she wanted to speak, nothing came out.

"I know I should've told you about this earlier, but you were not going to be just okay if I did." Martha tried to explain.

"Yeah? How is this going to be better now? Mom, I'm not going to be just okay now!" Savannah cried as she hugged her mom tight.

Gracefully, Martha rubbed the back of Savannah's head as she let her daughter cried by her shoulders. There was only silence between the two for at least twenty minutes before Martha started telling her that she has to be tough when she’s gone.

“Why did you just tell me?” Savannah finally asked the million dollar question.

“Because I trust Riley, and I know she will help you out. But I swear my dear, I didn’t call her.” Martha tried to convince Savannah as she smiled and nodded.

“I believe you mom.”

“So I guess we’ll just make the best of our lives?” Martha asked as Savannah agreed.

They pretended like nothing happened and they just live through the day, playing with Shane, just another usual Sunday until Riley’s phone rang when they put Shane to bath. Riley went out of the bathroom, leaving Savannah and Shane alone as she took her call.

Zack was on the other line, asking how she was doing. Riley didn’t really want to spill everything to Zack when Martha called Savannah from the kitchen and it was obvious for Zack. Even though Riley tried to hide the fact, she couldn’t and finally gave in, with one condition. Nobody can know about it but him, not until it’s the right time.

Riley hung the phone and ask came back to Savannah as she helped her with Shane’s outfit before helping Martha and Tara in the kitchen making some dinner for them all. As they all gathered on the dining table, Riley decided to tell Savannah that Zack noticed Martha’s voice calling Savannah and she had to spill the truth.

“So you really do know them…” Tara bluntly asked, like she was getting out of her mind.

“I tried to cover it for you, but I…” Riley stopped.

Savannah was stoned on her seat, nothing came out from her and her stare was a little blank, but her lip was lifted a little, and Riley took a wild guess she was actually playing some of their old days back in Baltimore. Slowly, Riley took her hand and told her nothing would turn out so wrong.

“Fine, as long as you make sure he keeps his mouth shut. And he cannot know about Shane.” Savannah said firmly.

***
Getting back to his friends, Zack was carrying a huge secret. Without any intention to blab about it, he blend into his band mates and started doing his own personal stuff. It was a day off for All Time Low so Zack had his very own personal time.

Taking off with his camera for a shoot by the street, Zack didn’t realize he was being followed by his band mate, Alex. Zack had been pretty silent for the day, and from how he look, Alex knew it must be a pretty big secret, even though Zack was pretty good at keeping secret, but the one he was bearing was a little too huge.

Starting drown in his shoots, Zack couldn’t care less about what happened around him but his object until someone tapped his shoulder and jolted him up. He was a little shock until he looked up and found Alex standing still.

“What happened?” Alex asked.

“Riley said it’s freezing there, and she doesn’t get anything…” Zack said but Alex cut him off.

“Yet.” As Alex cut him, Zack nodded and went back to see from the back of his camera. “You seen Jack? He was missing since last night, am I right?” Alex added as his phone received a text message.

***
Jack :
“Man, Maddie was awesome.”

Alex :
“Like you ever going to stick around for that girl. Who is she anyways? Lol”

Jack :
“the girl I slept with last night, and I have decided that I'm going to date her. End of conversation. It’s all about moving on with you guys, isn’t it?”
***

“Uhm… Zack?” Alex stuttered as Zack looked up to him. “Jack decided to date his one night stand.” He added and there was that long awkward moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
I enjoy writing this chapter a lot, so what do you think?
Anyways, I hope this is entertaining for you guys <3

-Amelia