Sequel: Where Have You Been?

Can't Stop Lovin' You

Closer To the Truth

Getting out of the plane, Savannah had never seen Shane this excited. A little part of her came back alive as she sense some of her early teenage years. Everything she knew about the place didn’t change that much. She was aware some of the things aren’t the same after all these year, but it wasn’t that much of a big deal for her.

Seeing someone she knew very good, Savannah took Shane’s hand as Riley lead them to Zack who was standing just outside the waiting room. Giving Riley the biggest hug ever, Zack smiled toward Savannah and Shane.

“You haven’t told any of the boys, have you?” Savannah asked in what Zack notice as fear.

“Don’t worry, nobody knows about you and Shane, not even Jack.” Zack sighed. “Even though I really want to.” He frowned.

Savannah sticks her tongue out as Shane told her that he was hungry. Excitedly, Zack led them toward his car. Zack was driving back to Savannah’s old house that Martha never sold. On the way there, Zack wouldn’t shut up about how amazing his life had been in the past few years and it would be great to have Savannah back just because.

Savannah was excited to know that she’s back to where everything started, even though she wasn’t mentally ready to meet up with her past, even though every guts inside of her were howling for a little touch from someone from the past everyone knew she had been loyal to.

“None of us are living with our parents anymore, you know.” Zack said as he parked the car on Savannah’s driveway. “Oh dear, I miss parking my car here.” He added.

“Well, I’ve been gone for a while.” Savannah grinned.

Going back to Baltimore meant a lot much more than she ever thought would be. Getting closer to her past – though it hurts – was a lot more relieving than it was supposed to be for her. After all those years of running, a little courage of facing the past might be the exact thing she needed. Savannah knew getting away was never the right answer, but isn’t that just the point?

“Mom?” Shane asked as he entered the living room.

The house hadn’t changed at all since the very last time she was inside there. There were pictures on the wall and some of them were framed on the table or somewhere random. There was a picture of her on prom night in front of her house with the rest of the gang – except Zack, of course.

“Who are they mom?” Shane asked, pointing over a picture of Savannah and the boys from All Time Low and Riley during summer 2004.

“They are my best friends, Shane.” Riley stepped in, taking Shane to take a closer look. “This was from summer 2004.” Riley smiled.

Savannah remembered the trip they took to New York back in the day as she smiled to the memories playing back on her mind, meanwhile Riley was explaining the whole trip to little Shane. The boy was excited to hear all the awesome stories his mother’s best friend was telling. Zack completely forgot about his promise to hang out with the band until he heard his phone rang and read ‘Jack’ on the screen.

“Who’s that?” Savannah came into the kitchen with Riley.

Without any doubt, Zack picked up the phone in front of them all without even worrying about how Savannah would react. Quickly, he put the phone call on speaker so that Savannah could also listen to Jack’s voice.

On the other line of the phone, Jack sounded like he was having a lot of fun with the band and Zack was missing a hell of party.

“Where are you two, lovebirds?” Jack shouted. “Everyone is here but you! Man you gotta drive faster than the grandpa driving in front of your car.” Jack mumbled as he hung up.

Savannah froze up when Zack put his phone back on his pocket. With all the best intentions of convincing Savannah to meet Jack, Zack tried to tell Savannah that the party was meant to celebrate their newest album. Riley on the other side of the room was already busy taking care of Shane. On the drive home, Zack had already ordered Pizza so as they arrived, the pizza was also arriving.

“Everything looked like just it used to…” Savannah mumbled.

“But now, you bring us an addition member. Your Shane.” Zack chuckled.

“Is this the right decision? Is it right for me to be here? What if Shane found out? What if Jack found out first? What if he thinks this is all just a lie?” Savannah broke her guard down as she cried uncontrollably in front of Zack.

Pulling Savannah close to his side, Zack convinced her that getting back in Baltimore was the best decision she could’ve ever made.

“I know you wouldn’t want to come with me, but I have to go to the boys…” Before Zack could even finish, Savannah cut in.

“Take Riley too. It seemed like Jack is expecting to tease the hell of you both.”

***

“Ha! You finally show up with our precious last girl standing!” Alex grinned the moment Zack arrived in front of Alex’s apartment.

Riley didn’t like the title the boys gave her after Savannah went away, she didn’t like it even more knowing the truth that she was not the last girl standing anymore. The fact that Savannah was finally back to Baltimore should at least changed the title Jack had given her many years back.

“I know you didn’t like it when one of us call you so, but what’s up with that frown now?” Rian asked as he pointed Riley’s face.

“Ever think that I may not be the last girl standing?” Riley spat over Alex’s and Rian’s direction.

Alex, Rian, and Zack exchanged their looks as Alex was trying to conclude whatever it is going on in his head, including Riley might be having a mood swing or something. Walking toward Jack pissed, Riley should have known better that Jack wouldn’t leave her be.

“Mommy, aunt Riley seems so scary!” Jack said toward Lindy, imitating the sound of a four year old.

Every guts inside of Riley wished she could screamed off Jack’s face that he had a kid with her best friend and she was too much of coward to tell him that. Inside the room, there were some of the ATL crews and there were also Mary and Lindy.

“Jack, leave her be.” Zack muttered as Jack stick his tongue out.

“Mommy!” Jack pretended to cry and it annoyed Riley so much.

“You know what? I know one boy who sounds exactly like you, but only, he’s smarter and he cares about everything around him!!” Riley lost control and started yelling over Jack’s direction.

Quickly, Zack pulled her out of the living room toward Alex’s apartment’s balcony. Zack knew all she wanted was to spill it out toward Jack’s face but she couldn’t do it because Savannah had to be the one telling the truth about his very own son. Zack tried all he could to keep Riley calm down as she ended up crying on Zack’s chest.

“Hey, what was that?” Alex said, joining the two.

“Dude, it’s private.” Zack told Alex to went away.

“My house, my rule, and it also means my stupid secret too. Look, I get it you still don’t like the nickname we gave you, but seriously, Riles, what happens?” Alex said both gentle and firm in the same time.

Riley wiped away her tears as she stare over Zack meanwhile Alex was giving her a stare that was even more intimidating than any other stare he could have ever given. Zack knew the serious level was in was beyond any other level he could have ever seen.

“I can’t tell you, Alex.” Riley mumbled.

“Well yeah.” Alex scoffed. “Whatever happens to honesty between us all, guys.” Alex added as he rolled his eyes, sounding even more cynical and walked out.

“He has to know, Zack. We have to meet them up. We have to.” Riley said the second Alex walked back into the room.

“Look Riley, I am so sorry if you think I'm so childish and insensitive, but I was just trying to cheer you up. I didn’t mean anything more than that.” Jack said, approaching Riley.

Jack felt extremely terrible that he would do anything to make Riley smile at him again, and Jack came up with a little treat of some of her favorite ice cream from their favorite ice cream shop. Just a blink, it seemed like Riley already knew what she had to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not productively updating, but here's some!

Enjoy!
-Amelia