Status: I will eventually post the story more often when I really start writting a lot.

A Butterfly's Flight

Chapter 3

Man’s P.O.V

She didn’t remember me.

That was the only thought running through my head. I almost didn’t recognize her, but when I saw her eyes and their striking violet color I knew it was my child hood friend and crush, all grown up. The last time I saw her she was only 7 and I was 10. That very day she came to me and said she was going away for a while, but she’d see me again soon, and so she gave me a pendant of a rose to remember her by. Her name was Rose.

She was striking. Nothing like my ten year old self had even seen before. Even at ten years old I knew I loved her. She wore dresses every day and she always, always had her dark hair in a braid over her shoulder, much like today. All her features are delicate like a flower. Her name suits her well.

When she asked for my name I had a fear that she’d remember me, the sweet next door neighbor boy, and figure out what I had become. She’d hate me. I was a horrible person. So I gave her a fake name.

“I’m Evan.” I said with a straight face, I’ve had a few years to perfect my lies.

She stuck out her hand, “And I’m Rose.”

I shook her hand, “Nice to officially meet you now let’s go.”

She nodded her head and quietly packed a small backpack with a few necessary things. When she was done she came to stand by my side, “I’m ready.”

I nodded and jumped out of the window. She looked at me and the broken window took a deep breath and jumped out too. She almost tripped but I caught before she could fall. As I held her for a brief second I almost thought I saw a sign of remembrance in her eyes. But she stayed quiet. It was probably just my imagination.

I dropped my arms from her fragile body and stepped away.

“Let’s go before someone sees us.”

Rose’s P.O.V

I looked at the window ready to jump out. I looked around one last time, and mentally I said goodbye because I would never come back. I jumped out of the window. Before I landed I happened to stumble a little and Evan quickly caught ahold of me in his strong arms. I was embarrassed for a moment but I quickly got over it when I had a flashback to the small boy that I played with in the fields when I was a little girl. I lowered my eyes a tilted my head for a moment as I got a weird feeling. But I quickly shook it away as he let go of me and stepped away.

“Let’s go before someone see’s us.” He said in a deep voice.

And for once I didn’t feel trapped like the blue butterfly in my window earlier today. Today, right now I felt like the butterflies fluttering away in the wind. Free. Today I am free.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short but I really wanted to get a chapter out and I liked where it ended. Also reallly sorry for the background if anyone read it before now. It somehow got all screwed up, but it is fixed now. :)